BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

20 hours ago, JHRover said:

Just like with Adam Wharton we all recognise that as a Championship club we will be vulnerable to interest from Premier League sides in our best players..

Nothing new there, nothing unique to Rovers, nothing Venkys or no Venkys will do about that, it's a tale as old as time.

It is the surrounding situation however that is unique to Rovers and is unique to the ruinous pondlife in India.

These sales are occurring not because the club has been presented with irresistable bids, but because the club is desperate for cash because they are trying to find ways of funding the club and avoiding the need for the pondlife to divert their own funds over whilst putting down the equivalent bond. Wharton and Szmodics ensure that and then some.

Other clubs would reluctantly sell those players but do so for good amounts of cash and would immediately set about reinvesting a large portion of the proceeds back into the club and squad to reinvest and go again.

No such intention here I suspect. We've already seen it with the Adam Wharton money 'mumble mumble running costs' bye bye £20 million.

That's the problem and that's why Venkys have to go. If we can't improve and invest from this position we never will.

One hundred fucking percent.

Pin this to the front page.

55 minutes ago, KentExile said:

The only way there is any chance of that happening is if Rovers agreed to something like a 50% sell on fee (and even then it would be a slim chance)

Brighton bought him for just under double the price that you are quoting, and whilst he has not pulled up any trees in England, he is still only 20, has a contract with Brighton for another 3 years, and has plenty of room for further development.  I cannot imagine that they will be in a rush to sell, when they know that one decent loan will see his value skyrocket

It was more my own personal valuation for him based on what I had seen of him and the funds we  potentially have available

I can see us loaning him but I wouldn’t pay more than £2m for him knowing other key areas need more attention 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AJW said:

It was more my own personal valuation for him based on what I had seen of him and the funds we  potentially have available

I can see us loaning him but I wouldn’t pay more than £2m for him knowing other key areas need more attention 

That's fair, agree with you on that

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Would you like a friendly wager on this? I’d bet my life on there being more bodies through the door before the window shuts. Whether itl be enough I’m not sure but to say no more is silly 

I’m terrified to ask what you’d bet on an actual certainty….

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I’m terrified to ask what you’d bet on an actual certainty….

Can’t get much more than your life lol as stated we have not fulfilled any loan spaces to I can’t see a world where we don’t use 1 of those at the bare minimum regardless of the court hearing. We have done every single year under these clowns 

33 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Nixon has Rovers-related tales for our consumption tomorrow morning. 

Something along the lines of we're working on a few deals, some more difficult than others. Nothing happening immediately but could be tomorrow. 

• Like 3

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Can’t get much more than your life lol as stated we have not fulfilled any loan spaces to I can’t see a world where we don’t use 1 of those at the bare minimum regardless of the court hearing. We have done every single year under these clowns 

If we don’t sign a loan, BRFCS will send an assassin to Ireland!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ricky said:

I’m probably ok with it. I think we have to get a keeper. For me, if we just get a keeper we will be pretty light in places but I do think our defence instantly becomes better. A nervous keeper who doesn’t come for crosses makes for a nervous defence.

I could probably be ok with one permanent player coming in if it was a keeper. I do think we need to use the loan market better though. We need to get the calibre of Elliot, Khadra, JPVH and Harwood-Bellis and not the recent ones of Moran, Clarkson and the Liverpool defender whose name escapes me. 

Billy Koumetio.

Signed permanently for Dundee apparently which just about shows his level. I didn't think Tyler Morton was much better either.

I think we need a good permanent replacement for Szmodics and a solid keeper as a permanent signing as the bare minimum. I'd also LIKE a new full back on either side, at least one pacey winger and a creative midfielder but I expect to be broadly disappointed.

Take your point on the loans but our record over the years has been extremely hit and miss in that respect. For every Elliott or JPVH there's probably been three or four George Hirst's Zeefuick's, Barry Douglas's, Poveda's,  etc etc

28 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Billy Koumetio.

Signed permanently for Dundee apparently which just about shows his level. I didn't think Tyler Morton was much better either.

I think we need a good permanent replacement for Szmodics and a solid keeper as a permanent signing as the bare minimum. I'd also LIKE a new full back on either side, at least one pacey winger and a creative midfielder but I expect to be broadly disappointed.

Take your point on the loans but our record over the years has been extremely hit and miss in that respect. For every Elliott or JPVH there's probably been three or four George Hirst's Zeefuick's, Barry Douglas's, Poveda's,  etc etc

I'd say if you looked at every team in the championship they will have both hits and misses like ourselves. 

Morton might not have looked spectacular but he started the majority of the games for both us and hull,and both clubs spent the majority of those seasons in and around the top 6

29 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Billy Koumetio.

I'm sure the Rovers management see the Japanese lad as the Szmodics replacement. 

To be fair to Mowbray, among the duds he signed some excellent loanees - Elliott, van Hecke, Harwood-Bellis, Reed, Giles - all of whom I'd have loved to seen at the club permanently (pigs in flight etc)

Your 2nd par is the one. Prepare for disappointment

Just now, jim mk2 said:

I'm sure the Rovers management see the Japanese lad as the Szmodics replacement. 

To be fair to Mowbray, among the duds he signed some excellent loanees - Elliott, van Hecke, Harwood-Bellis, Reed, Giles - all of whom I'd have loved to seen at the club permanently (pigs in flight etc)

Your 2nd par is the one. Prepare for disappointment

I just have this gut wrenching feeling/premonition that Ohashi is going to get badly injured once the oppo start really knocking him about to stop him playing or he'll break down due to the intensity of the game here 😩

Hope to fk I'm wrong 🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏 because he looks a real star

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Nixon has Rovers-related tales for our consumption tomorrow morning. 

Going to be interesting to find out which Rovers player he's going to link with a move away now Adam and Szmodics have both gone.

I give it a week and he'll be on to the next one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Going to be interesting to find out which Rovers player he's going to link with a move away now Adam and Szmodics have both gone.

I give it a week and he'll be on to the next one.

I’m hoping they’re incomings, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Carter gets linked away at some point.

Carter in January/ next summer will be the next big move out. I think he will have a good season and he is built for a higher level. Lightning quick, good on the ball and a good age.

Didn’t have the best season last year but I think it’s coming.

28 minutes ago, Lee0r said:

Sammie on the bench - I assume due to fitness. 

No because they clearly only see him as a squad player, which is why they fucked around for a few weeks haggling over the (for a PL club) insignificant transfer fee. 

Szmodics owed it to himself to give the PL a go, but he'll have to earn every second of playing time at his new club - they're hardly infatuated with him. 

3 hours ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

And in that spell up to November he had 5 assists and a goal - certainly not breath taking but certainly not awful either. Then his form fell off a cliff like many others in the team and he certainly looked his age the coming months no doubt about that at all 

my point really is he’s 20 and I feel you pretty much writing off his career at that age is quite laughable really.

Hirst wasn’t great is one of the biggest understatements iv read. He contributed zero to rovers absolutely zero that’s why he barely got starts/minutes and when he did he did nothing we even gave him a penalty to get him going and that didn’t work. Some players for some clubs just don’t work is my main point 

Hirst took a bashing on here most laughed when Ipswich signed him and it’s worked out

tyler Morton took a bashing on here and hill fans loved him

not saying the players aren’t right to take a bashing based on performance for rovers but I wouldn’t go writing off careers 

Initially I thought we'd played a blinder, but his attitude was shocking. He's so soft.