BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

27 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Carter in January/ next summer will be the next big move out. I think he will have a good season and he is built for a higher level. Lightning quick, good on the ball and a good age.

Didn’t have the best season last year but I think it’s coming.

Will always struggle to impress with Pears behind him.  If he does, and he does leave, O Riordan on paper is the replacement 

27 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Carter in January/ next summer will be the next big move out. I think he will have a good season and he is built for a higher level. Lightning quick, good on the ball and a good age.

Didn’t have the best season last year but I think it’s coming.

If we're being miserable I think Brittain, JRC, Travis, Tronstad and Carter will all be eyed up by other teams. They'll know they can get Hyam on a free in the summer. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

If we're being miserable I think Brittain, JRC, Travis, Tronstad and Carter will all be eyed up by other teams. They'll know they can get Hyam on a free in the summer. 

Apparently they cant https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24519670.blackburn-contract-state-play-new-detail-revealed/#:~:text=Dom Hyam has a one-year option in his Blackburn,The Lancashire Telegraph can reveal.

• Like 1

I like Carter but I think he is still a bit off attracting massive interest. He comes off the back of a very poor and injury punctuated season.

He is 25 in December so he is not a young talent that Premier League clubs will see as a raw talent.

If he gets back to and beyond the levels of 22/23 then he could potentially get a move to a top end Championship club but I dont think for massive money.

Seems I’m in a minority here but I have serious doubts about both Ohashi and Gueye. We’ll  know more when they’ve both started a few difficult away games. That’s when to judge a player.

If those two do fall short, where would that leave us?

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, den said:

Seems I’m in a minority here but I have serious doubts about both Ohashi and Gueye. We’ll  know more when they’ve both started a few difficult away games. That’s when to judge a player.

Like you say, it is early days and I think the vast majority are still open minded, but just praying we have unearthed some talent. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, den said:

big mak will get better the more matches he play,still not match fit imo,im`e relieved we got rid of gallagher for this lad who has done more in two matches than gallagher did most of last season,definately more centre forward nous than the perenially injured gallagher

ohashi looks sharp but he needs to work on his first touch,it`s dreadul

10 minutes ago, den said:

True, its a worry. But if they don't score who else will? Have to play them. we'll get the odd one from Dolan and that's about it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, den said:

They've passed every test with flying colours so far, which is all we can currently judge them on. 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

.Hirst definitely did not offer more than Gallagher in a Rovers shirt, he offered absolutely nothing. Gallagher had his worst season by far last season, often being injured, and hes never been great, but he tended to score 7/8/9 goals in every season prior and offered other things even if he will never be a natural goalscorer nor better than a low end striker at this level.

Hirst contribution much more during the 18 months there and we never got the best out of him. Shame but these things can happen. 

3 hours ago, neophox said:

What about Huddersfield goalie Lee Nichols?

Not a bad shout that

51 minutes ago, den said:

No, I have some doubts also.

Ohashi's first touch was incredibly poor against Stockport.

Gueye looks a real handful but his shooting is abysmal. If it's not on his head, he ain't scoring.

1 hour ago, den said:

Whilst I agree it's too early to fully judge them... I haven't seen anything too negative from them to make me 'doubt them'

But yes as the squad stands it is nowhere near strong enough in depth (in most areas of the pitch)

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dembele isnt in the Birmingham squad today. He didnt make the squad at times last year so might be selection based.

Would be an underwhelming addition if 2 plus 2 equals 4.

Please can you explain why it would be underwhelming addition if he has been left out cos a transfer is happening? 

Another GK name to throw out there Daniel Bentley …. 31 years old 5 league games in last 2 years contract expires next June maybe able to pick him up cheapish 

I feel like I have been clear on my thoughts on why Dembele being an underwhelming signing. 

His decision making is poor and his end product more often than not is lacking. There are also big questions about his application especially running back which was a reason mentioned by Rowett (I think) as to why he couldnt even make the bench. He hasnt really built on his early promise at Peterborough.

It might just be a selection decision. Birmingham have a number of attacking options and have changed all 3 behind the striker, and still have their big money signing from Go Ahead Eagles and Miyoshi on the bench. So again, he may just not be seen as good enough to make their squad. In League 1. Which tells you alot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neal said:

Rovers have inquired about Kwame Poku. 

Is that based on this? As it seems a very dodgy source.

He has scored 2 today and is in a similar position to Dembele where he is young and highly rated without the years and years of underachievement and failure to kick on afterwards.

Screenshot_20240817_142556_X.jpg

• Like 1