BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I feel like I have been clear on my thoughts on why Dembele being an underwhelming signing. 

His decision making is poor and his end product more often than not is lacking. There are also big questions about his application especially running back which was a reason mentioned by Rowett (I think) as to why he couldnt even make the bench. He hasnt really built on his early promise at Peterborough.

It might just be a selection decision. Birmingham have a number of attacking options and have changed all 3 behind the striker, and still have their big money signing from Go Ahead Eagles and Miyoshi on the bench. So again, he may just not be seen as good enough to make their squad. In League 1. Which tells you alot.

Thanks for the reply and explaining your opinion. 

Maybe Birmingham City manager Chris Davies might want to sell him and bring in another player. 

4 minutes ago, Neal said:

Rovers have inquired about Kwame Poku. 

Peterborough player who can play on either wing 

Kwame Poku... CRAZY LEVEL STRIKER. Goals, skils, highlights (youtube.com)

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Is that based on this? As it seems a very dodgy source.

He has scored 2 today and is in a similar position to Dembele where he is young and highly rated without the years and years of underachievement and failure to kick on afterwards.

Screenshot_20240817_142556_X.jpg

No, not based on this. I personally don't see it happening. Posh are tough to deal with, can't see it being more of a phone call from swag, finding out the price and then fainting as he falls out of his chair. 

• Like 2

Just now, Neal said:

No, not based on this. I personally don't see it happening. Posh are tough to deal with, can't see it being more of a phone call from swag, finding out the price and then fainting as he falls out of his chair. 

Well lets hope it not. Seems very talent player from what I just watched from the link I posted. £2m a fee Posh would want with sell on clause 

1 minute ago, Neal said:

posh want 2 million,he offers 200 thousand

18 hours ago, Polky said:

Kwame Poku is a player we should definitely look at from Posh.

12 goals and 8 assists for Posh last season, plays behind the striker and on the right wing.

Waggott has just read my post and called Peterborough 😂

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Please can you explain why it would be underwhelming addition if he has been left out cos a transfer is happening? 

His end product is wanting is what RF99 has said a number of times and I agree.

Edited by TugaysMarlboro

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dembele isnt in the Birmingham squad today. He didnt make the squad at times last year so might be selection based.

Would be an underwhelming addition if 2 plus 2 equals 4.

Doesn't really get me excited either tbf. However a bluenose mate of mine reckons he's on his way here. Id say he has a 70% success rate in what he tells me, so let's hope this one falls in the 30%

1 minute ago, Lucimo said:

Doesn't really get me excited either tbf. However a bluenose mate of mine reckons he's on his way here. Id say he has a 70% success rate in what he tells me, so let's hope this one falls in the 30%

What does he think about Dembele as a player?

16 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Peterborough always charge an arm and a leg, so that would take up almost all of our transfer kitty I'm sure.

Only a year  left on his contract though, and no option of an extra year.

After the job Rovers did with Szmodics, they may be persuaded to accept less up front and a larger sell on fee?

According to Jackson, Szmodics sell on fee was only 10% on any profit made

Edited by KentExile

1 minute ago, KentExile said:

Only a year  left on his contract though, and after the job Rovers did with Szmodics, they may be persuaded to accept less up front and a larger sell on fee?

According to Jackson, Szmodics sell on fee was only 10%

Only?! We bought him for over £1m in the first place (their Chairman reckons it's closer to £2.5m).

I'd dangle the carrot of the Szmodics sell of fee being paid in one instalment vs £10 a week on the never never in the Poku negotiations. 

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Only?! We bought him for over £1m in the first place (their Chairman reckons it's closer to £2.5m).

I'd dangle the carrot of the Szmodics sell of fee being paid in one instalment vs £10 a week on the never never in the Poku negotiations. 

yes, "only" a sell on fee is included in transfers as par for the course, and most are 15-20% on any profit.  10% of any profit is a good deal

Edited by KentExile

Poku scored two for Posh today, so his price tag will jump up a few million.

Their owner said on his podcast this week, that due to the sales of Burrows and Edwards they’re not under pressure to sell anymore players.

3 minutes ago, Rochdale_rover said:

And left back 

Centre mid

Striker 

You're not getting another CF I don't think. Gueye and Ohashi rotating at that position with Leonard to come back. 

Desperately need a couple of quick wingers, which would improve us no end (would allow JRC to play RB / CM and Dolan / Sigurdsson to play AMC).