BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

15 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

We need a keeper and I think two wingers.

Also a fullback and an attacking winger, and if Mak and Yuki aren't going to be playing together, someone to replace Dolan.

Ayari came on for Brighton and played the last 12 minutes. He had the ball in the net, but it was adjudged to be offside.

Maybe Brighton will want to keep him for the upcoming season, rather than loaning him out again.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

We need a keeper and I think two wingers.

Agreed.

New keeper is the priority but then 2 wingers with pace would be next on the list for sure.

We won't get everything we need in the window now, largely because we need a lot in reality. 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Dembele was left out purely due to selection, as he was on a few occasions last season.

So he is a player who struggles to make an 18-20 man squad for a now League 1 club.

Don’t think it’s because of his ability as everyone knows what he can bring. Must have quite a bad attitutude so if Eustace can manage him properly we are onto a winner.

I doubt he comes to us anyway.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Don’t think it’s because of his ability as everyone knows what he can bring. Must have quite a bad attitutude so if Eustace can manage him properly we are onto a winner.

There are question marks about his work rate which has been publically questioned. He has pace and trickery but even beyond attitude, his end product is usually non existent. I watched Birmingham last week and he was hooked at half time.

22 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

What does he bring? It certainly isn't goals or assists 

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

What does he bring? It certainly isn't goals or assists 

It’s a gamble like any other player if they are going to add goals/ assists, how do we know? The thing we are guaranteed is pace and directness, something we’ve not had for a long time.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Dembele was left out purely due to selection, as he was on a few occasions last season.

So he is a player who struggles to make an 18-20 man squad for a now League 1 club.

Due to selection or because he has a move lined up? It is that time of year.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You could sign an olympic sprinter and use the same argument. But surely we would go for someone who has displayed resonable end product, seeing as Dembele has struggled to kick on over a number of years.

Why are we so hung up on goals and assists? We’ve scored 11 in 3 and it already seems like we’ve got goals in this team…What we don’t have is pace or anyone who can take on a man…Either way I can’t see us spending anything like what Birmingham would want so it’s not going to happen.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace said in his Rovers TV interview he wants any new signings that are ready to play for us as soon as the sign here. 

Gone from we need 4 or 5 in, to whoever we can get as fast as possible 

Bizarrely after having 10m put into the bank 

Bonkers Blackburn 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace said in his Rovers TV interview he wants any new signings that are ready to play for us as soon as the sign here. 

I’ve got a lot of time for Eustace. He talks a lot of sense and gives off an air of a man you wouldn’t want to fuck with. 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fair play to whoever's leading the recruitment at the moment - Gueye, Ohashi and Weimann have all hit the ground running (the first two being a damn sight better than anything we had upfront last year).

Imagine what we could do if they bring in an equally good LW and GK...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Gone from we need 4 or 5 in, to whoever we can get as fast as possible 

Bizarrely after having 10m put into the bank 

Bonkers Blackburn 

Wonder if they've had a word with him and said "look we can afford one or two more that will impact the starting XI, or four or five bodies for the squad" and he's chosen the former.