BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

17 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Gone from we need 4 or 5 in, to whoever we can get as fast as possible 

Bizarrely after having 10m put into the bank 

Bonkers Blackburn 

He said the opposite of that. He said the players that come in have to make the team better. 

11 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

People saying we just need a few wingers etc.

We need a hell of a lot of new players.

LB, CM, CF, ST, LW, RW, GK.

Why do need 2 more strikers when weve already signed 2 and play 1 up front?

Keeper, left back, midfielder and 2 wingers are needed. I think a right back too although JRC is best there.

13 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

People saying we just need a few wingers etc.

We need a hell of a lot of new players.

LB, CM, CF, ST, LW, RW, GK.

We do, but we also need to prioritise certain positions, and with Ohashi, Gueye and Weimann all coming in, the need for another CF and ST is less compared to the other positions mentioned.

A winger for either side would be nice, but I suspect we may need a RW more than LW as Hedges and Siggy can cover that role. JRC at RW isn't convincing and I'd prefer him either in central midfield or at right back.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why do need 2 more strikers when weve already signed 2 and play 1 up front?

Keeper, left back, midfielder and 2 wingers are needed. I think a right back too although JRC is best there.

Gueye replaced Gallagher, Ohashi replaces Brereton Diaz.

CF to replace Szmodics.

Then 2 wingers, Left Back, CM, GK

Edited by RoversClitheroe

25 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I’ve got a lot of time for Eustace. He talks a lot of sense and gives off an air of a man you wouldn’t want to fuck with. 

Yes I've warmed to him too. Being sat behind the benches on Tuesday we saw first hand he is someone who has standards and expects everyone, from the players to the guy handing out water bottles, to live up to them. I also think he has a bit more nous than JDT in how to hold the management to account in public without burning bridges. Let's hope he gets what he wants.

Edited by danger19_80
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Pretty sure 'thin air' replaced Gallagher, because that's how effective he was last season 😅

My mum loved Gallagher - always stuck up for him when everyone around us in the Jack Walker was groaning as he fluffed another attack "Oh but he works hard and he's good in our box". Even she thinks Gueye is a big improvement on him. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Gueye replaced Gallagher, Ohashi replaces Brereton Diaz.

CF to replace Szmodics.

Then 2 wingers, Left Back, CM, GK

Its not about directly replacing players because other players may have changed positions since, or be better suited. Ohashi plays as a striker whereas Brereton played on the left anyway. Ultimately its about how we are covered now.

We have Dolan and Weimann best suited to playing centrally . We have Gueye and Ohashi with Leonard behind them to play in that one striking role. We have only really Hedges and Sigurdsson as natural wide men and neither are fast. Get 2 in there and we look well covered.

• Like 1

The defence is going to let us down this season. As well as a number 1 goalie we still need a couple of defenders in my opinion. Eustace must know he's got no leaders at the back and a lack of quality.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Neal said:

Poku would certainly fit that.

I'm behind on the Poku chatter. Is there a real chance we'll get him or is it just speculation?

He seems a good replacement for Szmodics from the little I've seen.

52 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Bare minimum of a GK, LB, CM and LW. 

A RW and a AMC too ideally. 

JRC hasn’t looked convincing in his role so far. Does make some good runs into the box but would start Weimann on the right in our next game. 

• Like 1

This Poku fella just isn’t happening, rumour started from a fake ITK.

Extremely disappointed that we are still not close to anyone, especially since we’ve just flogged our star player for 10m. The club will of known Szmodics was always going to happen so we should have players lined up ready to go. 

Eustace must be pulling his hair out.

Venkeys out! 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

This Poku fella just isn’t happening, rumour started from a fake ITK.

Extremely disappointed that we are still not close to anyone, especially since we’ve just flogged our star player for 10m. The club will of known Szmodics was always going to happen so we should have players lined up ready to go. 

Eustace must be pulling his hair out.

Venkeys out! 

I heard this elsewhere.