BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 hour ago, BRFC4EVA said:

That Poku guy seems exactly the kind of player we should be signing.

Which is exactly why we won't be signing him.

The current recruitment team do seem to target players in the last year of their contract, or those with release clauses - so maybe there's some smoke to this fire. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, booth said:

That still doesn't fix the issue of having a leaky defence.

I'm not quite sure why some fans don't want a better defence. It's clear from the first two league games that we're going to need 3 goals+ to win a game. We had the league's top scorer last season and we still couldn't stop them going in the other end. I've seen no evidence that it's changed this season. We've conceded 4 goals against two poorly performing teams.

Mainly because the GK doesn't save anything and often gifts the opposition a clear cut chance or two a game. 

• Like 1

I know Chaddy likes to spout ‘pacey winger’ at every opportunity but do we really play with old school wingers? Are we looking at more of a wide forward than the traditional ‘hugging the touch line‘ winger of old? That’s my assumption anyway, and if that’s the case it’s not really going to help getting balls into the box for Mak to attack… unless we are talking about proper wingers and basically changing our formation. 

Just now, Ricky said:

I know Chaddy likes to spout ‘pacey winger’ at every opportunity but do we really play with old school wingers? Are we looking at more of a wide forward than the traditional ‘hugging the touch line‘ winger of old? That’s my assumption anyway, and if that’s the case it’s not really going to help getting balls into the box for Mak to attack… unless we are talking about proper wingers and basically changing our formation. 

The current formation calls for the wingers to play wide - hence why Eustace has a left footer on the left and a right footer on the right (to start at least). 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Who is saying they don’t want a better defence? I think it’s universally agreed that we need better full backs and a new GK. 

Poorly performing? Norwich were top six last season. 

That was last season. They've conceded 2 against Oxford and 3 against Stevenage. I didn't see the Stevenage game but they were downright abysmal against Oxford.  Norwich were awful today and with better defenders we'd have come away with all 3 points.

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Regarding Poku, he wouldnt leave for free either way due to his age, and their bell end chairman said earlier in the summer that he wouldnt be going either way. 

He said that about Szmodics. He also said we'd have to pay more than we did.

Neither of which happened.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, booth said:

That was last season. They've conceded 2 against Oxford and 3 against Stevenage. I didn't see the Stevenage game but they were downright abysmal against Oxford.  Norwich were awful today and with better defenders we'd have come away with all 3 points.

Nobody really knows who is good/bad just yet. Norwich could be awful away but good at home. Oxford took Coventry to 97mins last night derby beat boro after them thumping Leeds at elland road. There’s no established form really to make any confident predictions  

• Like 1

Think Dembele could thrive under JE. Also Poku would be needed as a new goalie. But don't think it will happen. Stupid to loan Conor out but surely there's a clause to recall him if needed. 

Edited by neophox

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its impossible to get a dead cert either way, a veteran isnt a dead cert. You look at the veterans we have been linked with, Ruddy relegated and released with the fans blessing after a poor season, Begovic released by QPR after a poor season and Krul who has barely played in years. If anything, it is more risky because the clock is ticking on their career.

It'll all come out in the wash, as it always does. 

I've just watched Watford's goals against Stoke, Johansen was a popular choice to come here, no thanks on that performance. 

7 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Nobody really knows who is good/bad just yet. Norwich could be awful away but good at home. Oxford took Coventry to 97mins last night derby beat boro after them thumping Leeds at elland road. There’s no established form really to make any confident predictions  

Eh? I said they were poorly performing now, I wasn't making any predictions.

If anything the message I responded to was.

Edited by booth

31 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Mainly because the GK doesn't save anything and often gifts the opposition a clear cut chance or two a game. 

Brittain and Pickering were poor defenders with Kaminski between the sticks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

"Pears' error almost gifted Norwich an equaliser as Sainz cut out his pass and fed Sargent, but Tronstad hurled his body in the way of the shot for a remarkable block." BBC.

Please can we just BUY A DECENT KEEPER

That incident was really appalling from Pears. How could any defender have confidence in him after that?

Really depressing.

Only seen video highlights but judging from the noise we didn't seem to have many fans there?

Difficult place to get to place to. All roads lead to London!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Could Tomas Koubek be an option in goal?

31 and just seen he’s a free agent after leaving Augsburg. Czech international.

Drop Waggott a line, but make sure you get the finders fee, not him or Suhail/Jerome.

Sw4aggot@rovers.co.uk

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 47er said:

That incident was really appalling from Pears. How could any defender have confidence in him after that?

Really depressing.

Only seen video highlights but judging from the noise we didn't seem to have many fans there?

Difficult place to get to place to. All roads lead to London!!

829 fans is pretty good support for such an awful journey. 

• Like 2

Maybe Posh likes us a bit after we just gave them a couple of million? 😉

on a side note - Dilan Markanday has found his league

9 in rating in first match for Chesterfield. Two assists.  

IMG_1431.jpeg

Edited by alexanders
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

A second frustrated manager within a year demanding reinvestment from the owners. And a second likely to be let down. Will he be a second to walk?

Eustace wouldn't walk away tho, and also we still have 12 days of a transfer window to come which I think we will make a number of signings, but what you seem to forget that for example we might want a keeper from another club but that club need a replacement in also. It will be a mess the last week of the window as it always is. 

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

It just kicks the can down the road, we arent as desperate for older heads now, we need a number 1 that can do the job for a number of years. 

We cant be put off because of one poor signing otherwise we would only sign steady heads in every position. With the older keepers mentioned, they tend to have shown signs of decline which will only worsen so it comes with its own risks.

so would a 27-31 age range year old keeper who is experience and knowledge would be older head wouldn't it? is that what you want an experience keeper in? 

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

Do you go to bed dreaming of a 'pacey winger'!?

You could rationally argue we need 7 to 8 quality additions.

Number 1 priority is goalkeeper.  

Only Carter in our back four is up to scratch.

Need some creativity in midfield.

Need two wingers who can really drive with the ball.

Need another central striker.

Even our 'first eleven' will struggle and that's before injuries and suspensions bite.  Two league games and we've got lucky - it won't continue.

The last two weeks of the window will determine not just our season but perhaps even our very existence.

Make no mistake, we are in a mess and you can only paper over the cracks for so long.

No Mercer, we aren't in mess at all, we are in good place on the pitch under Eustace and we aren't going down for sure under him. Off the pitch probably not depending what happens on Tuesday. 

I have already stated what I want from the rest of the window and with you luck comment, you created your luck in life. 

We have bought in some quality signings like Gueye, Ohashi and Weimann. Lets get that quality keeper, winger, centre back and left back in. Then if we could bring another attacking player who can play wide and up front would be great. Lets see in the next 12 days what happens

4 hours ago, damo100 said:

829 fans is pretty good support for such an awful journey. 

I didn't know it was 829, that's why I was asking! Thanks for telling me and I certainly admire anyone who made that journey.