BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

And what? 

Ipswich paid 20m for Delap and he scored 8 goals all last season for Hull, Stansfield is a better player than him all day long. Plus he is only 21 years old and signing him and paying that sort of fee would be massive statement of intent from us. He is quality. 

Chaddy, we are never ever paying 6million for anyone this window. I would be amazed if we spend more than 2million.

• Like 1

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

We have known in the past that for whatever reason Venkys often have money available for a striker, Gallagher etc 

However, would striker be my top choice no. Spend the money on a goalkeeper first then a fullback. 

Or a winger, if German sings we have 3 decent options at a number 9…Winger and a GK is a must.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Could it be that we agreed a fee post game for Germain? 

Given they're 8 hours in front it's unlikely as it would be night time there

If you take it as a serious rumour, and I cant see for one second a £6m signing. Stansfield taken in isolation is a talented Champipnship striker at a good age with lots of potential. As an individual he would really be a good signing for whoever got him permanently.

I just cant see in terms of what we need why he would be a primary target. We are desperate for speed out wide.

Germain is another striker, so it would leave us with 4 for one position and still lacking out wide.

Its also hard to not see Ruddy coming who would be a very poor signing and leave us facing another season with 2 liability keepers again dropping points.

And we cant let Travis go.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Stansfield might be available for £6 Million, but if you think we’ll be spending £6 Million on a player, I’ve got some other news for you- The Easter Bunny and Father Christmas aren’t real…..

Could be a venkys special of a loan with (no) intention to buy.

7 minutes ago, London blue said:

What? 

You know what, never mind. Derby were great and we showed incredible skill and capability to get past them, they'll be up there at the end of the season. The Norwich game was completely even and you couldn't separate the two teams. Ding dong battle. 

That make you feel better?

Derby beat Boro yesterday 

Norwich had a decent run at home since we beat them there last season.

Agreed we need more players but on the evidence of the first two league matches we look to be going in the right direction,and don't look nailed on for relegation which was a major worry throughout the summer

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Obviously we need a good Championship quality keeper. Iversen fits that bill. Ruddy definitely doesnt and I dont think Krul does.

Iversen deffo fit the bill, first team football and being a number 1 keeper here

5 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Chaddy, we are never ever paying 6million for anyone this window. I would be amazed if we spend more than 2million.

lets see, Nicko is saying its Eustace who is pushing this one. 

3 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Given they're 8 hours in front it's unlikely as it would be night time there

If we agreed a fee yesterday lets say before our game kick off but would that be post match for Germain club game? (hope that's makes sense)

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

If you take it as a serious rumour, and I cant see for one second a £6m signing. Stansfield taken in isolation is a talented Champipnship striker at a good age with lots of potential. As an individual he would really be a good signing for whoever got him permanently.

Well, I suggested him reppeatably last summer as the one we should go for, Rovers did. Eustace did sign him and pushing for it now according to Nicko. 

I just cant see in terms of what we need why he would be a primary target. We are desperate for speed out wide.

You can still sign a wide player. 

Germain is another striker, so it would leave us with 4 for one position and still lacking out wide.

4? 

1000% agree, 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its also hard to not see Ruddy coming who would be a very poor signing and leave us facing another season with 2 liability keepers again dropping points.

We can also sign a winger. Just because Nixon, who you regularly criticise, hasn’t linked us with one doesn’t mean we don’t want to sign one. 

You can’t have too many good players. If Germaine is as good as he looks on clips then that would be 3 good attackers (Gueye, Yuki, Germaine) signed for a total of about £2m. 

If Ruddy comes in and plays it’d be sure JE thinks he can do a job. You have no idea if he’d cost us points. 

Travis may be replaced by someone better. 

14 minutes ago, London blue said:

What? 

You know what, never mind. Derby were great and we showed incredible skill and capability to get past them, they'll be up there at the end of the season. The Norwich game was completely even and you couldn't separate the two teams. Ding dong battle. 

That make you feel better?

No but balance is required 

derby at home did we expect to win - I did and most did and we did (they went on to beat boro yday)

Norwich away after losing szmodics very decent first half and poor second half draw good result especially after giving away the lead and seemingly ready to concede another we found a bit about us again to score late on - game of two halves 

4/6 good return with cup win to boot 

• Like 1

Not a chance we are spending £6m on one player.

A loan with an obligation if we got promoted or something (😂), like the O'brien deal that fell through. 

And if that deal meant not signing a decent keeper or no wingers, it wouldn't be worth it anyway.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If we agreed a fee yesterday lets say before our game kick off but would that be post match for Germain club game? (hope that's makes sense)

It's possible, their game will have finished around 8pm (their time) I think, factor in post match activities and it's after 9. Possible but unlikely I would say.

I hope it is true as he looks an exciting prospect, although I am just going off YouTube videos but he looks to be clinical with a real fierce shot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

It's possible, their game will have finished around 8pm (their time) I think, factor in post match activities and it's after 9. Possible but unlikely I would say.

I hope it is true as he looks an exciting prospect, although I am just going off YouTube videos but he looks to be clinical with a real fierce shot.

He’s 29 so im interested to see what deal we’ve offered him, hopefully not another 1 year deal. 

Stansfield would be absolutely incredible business. 6M would be excellent value - he’s a real talent. 

My best mate is a Fulham fan so I have been aware of him for a while. He can play anywhere across the forward the line and would be excellent off Gueye.

However, Silva from Fulham already announced that he will be staying as part of their squad for this season and is expected to get minutes in the prem. He came off the bench against United on Friday. No chance of that happening. 

Edited by TruRover

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think only Gueye and Harry Leonard will be our classic strikers, while the others are more versatile forwards. Stansfield would be a great addition, but think we’ll only reinvest the Szmodics money in full if the court case is successful. 

If Travis leaves we’re short on the middle of the park, but maybe that means Hull won’t chase Gustavo Puerta. A bit sceptical to letting him leave at this moment but waiting to see who we will replace him with. 

Stansfield:

“I made my Premier League debut as a left winger. But I played right winger and as a number nine throughout my youth career so I’m comfortable playing anywhere across the front four, but I think I can impact the games more as a number 10.”

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

We can also sign a winger. Just because Nixon, who you regularly criticise, hasn’t linked us with one doesn’t mean we don’t want to sign one. 

You can’t have too many good players. If Germaine is as good as he looks on clips then that would be 3 good attackers (Gueye, Yuki, Germaine) signed for a total of about £2m. 

If Ruddy comes in and plays it’d be sure JE thinks he can do a job. You have no idea if he’d cost us points. 

Travis may be replaced by someone better. 

Just to clarify, I am reacting specifically to these rumours. I have not taken it as a fact that they will be signing and that will conclude our business.

Nixon has been more accurate this summer than his usual guesswork admittedly with someseemingly his mate John Park is leaking transfer news to him.

I or indeed anyone doesnt know for sure that any player will come in and succeed or fail. I am just giving my opinion on Ruddy and indeed every other player. He is IMO well past his best as he showed at Birmingham last season, hence why they released him and the fans were happy with that. He looked poor whenever I saw Birmingham including against us. He is 37 now and I want someone younger who can be a longer term number 1.

I think Stansfield is a really talented young striker and in isolation not factoring in squad balance would be a great addition to any Championship squad. But as I said yesterday, I dont feel like any central strikers should be a priority. If we do have £6m to spend which I seriously doubt then I feel like more natural wide men would be the place to spend that.

Everyone knows a new keeper is a priority, but if you want to see how goalkeeping standards have declined over the last decade or so (I blame Pep personally), look at Victor Johansson yesterday for Stoke. A keeper people would have loved here and awful for all 3 goals.

The dingles first goal against Cardiff was laughable and even Kaminski had a rush of blood and got sent off.

There just aren't that many about

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Tugayisgod said:

Everyone knows a new keeper is a priority, but if you want to see how goalkeeping standards have declined over the last decade or so (I blame Pep personally), look at Victor Johansson yesterday for Stoke. A keeper people would have loved here and awful for all 3 goals.

The dingles first goal against Cardiff was laughable and even Kaminski had a rush of blood and got sent off.

There just aren't that many about

Obviously all keepers make mistakes, its the quantity. But Johansson also saves his teams more points than he costs. You cant just base it on one poor game.

Stansfield would be amazing piece of business. Cracking player with a high ceiling of potential.  Even at 6 million I believe we would recoup the money and some more . An investment signing to sell on in the future as our assets get less and less by the month. With all that said he won’t be coming here and we all know why

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2