BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

5 minutes ago, Polky said:

If we sign Germain our ESC slots will be full unless we sell Siggy.

This would mean that Krul, Begovic and Ruddy would be more likely than a keeper from a European club.

Siggy now qualifies as he played enough minutes last season.

Whether anyone at Rovers has bothered to check that out though is another thing.

So we should have 2 left.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

Siggu now qualifies as he played enough minutes last season.

Whether anyone at Rovers has bothered to check that out though is another thing.

So we should have 2 left.

What's Waggott's number?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Everyone knows a new keeper is a priority, but if you want to see how goalkeeping standards have declined over the last decade or so (I blame Pep personally), look at Victor Johansson yesterday for Stoke. A keeper people would have loved here and awful for all 3 goals.

The dingles first goal against Cardiff was laughable and even Kaminski had a rush of blood and got sent off.

There just aren't that many about

Been saying this for years now the actual goal KEEPING standards have plummeted in the need to make numbers 1's have outfield abilities on the ball.

Also commanding centre defenders will become a thing of the past which doesn't help.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

I cannot see in any world how we would be paying 6million for stansfield lol as much as I would love that to be right history with these clowns would suggest not 

Suggests they may be confident they’re winning the court case…Yikes.

1 minute ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

I cannot see in any world how we would be paying 6million for stansfield lol as much as I would love that to be right history with these clowns would suggest not 

We have a good track record with our marquee signings now. Rhodes we made a profit with, same with Arma and Breo could've been sold for a profit but 'we' chose not to. I think Venky's are realising the model is working but my guess is we have to wait for the outcome of the court case. Germain announcement in a day or two, and then we will see...

Stansfield came on in the 90th minute on Friday btw. 

3 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Could Dolan possibly be off then? Seems we'll be quite stacked in the forward positions all of a sudden, if we bring in both him and Germain. 

JE speaks very highly of some players he inherited (Hedges and Carter recently) but reading between the lines I don’t think he’s convinced by many of them. I think Dolan would fit that category. Dolan knows he has to contribute goals and assists if he wants to be a No10, he’s referenced it a couple of times in interviews. I’d imagine that is the message being hammered home to him by JE.

If he wants a bumper new contract he’ll have to earn it. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers looking at Ruddy, Iversen, Schwabe or Krul keeper

Nicko is saying cos Newcastle wanted Trafford from dingles, so one of those back up keeper will move on like Ruddy. 

Iversen is available from Leicester for £1.6 m. Would be my first choice keeper target. 

Schwabe would be available from Koln cos they got relegation last season

Big no to Ruddy from me. Krul is injured and hasn't played much the past few years so would definitely prefer Iversen or Schwabe.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers looking at Ruddy, Iversen, Schwabe or Krul keeper

Nicko is saying cos Newcastle wanted Trafford from dingles, so one of those back up keeper will move on like Ruddy. 

Iversen is available from Leicester for £1.6 m. Would be my first choice keeper target. 

Schwabe would be available from Koln cos they got relegation last season

I think Iversen is a great keeper, surprised he didn’t get the Leicester shirt as was excellent at Knob End.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Stranded would be amazing piece of business. Cracking player with a high ceiling of potential.  Even at 6 million I believe we would recoup the money and some more . An investment signing to sell on on the future as our assets get less and less by the month. With all that said he won’t be coming here and we all know why

I get stranded alot. Waiting for the bus

6 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Or Nixon is talking nonsense which would be a lot more realistic 

yes he’s been better this year but 6million for a player for rovers - can’t see it hope I’m wrong

He hasn't been talking nonsense all summer so why would he start now? But hope someone on his Patreon follows up and asks if Stansfield is depending on the courtcase and/or if it's one of the deals that he classifies as 'some harder than others'.

@chaddyrovers?

https://x.com/reluctantnicko/status/1824417643660562524

Edited by Torgeir

40 minutes ago, Polky said:

If we sign Germain our ESC slots will be full unless we sell Siggy.

This would mean that Krul, Begovic and Ruddy would be more likely than a keeper from a European club.

Unless a keeper is brought on from a European club at a decent level.  Rovers obviously looking in Belgium, Netherlands etc, and the top tiers there are decent enough to qualify players for work permits outright

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

yes he’s been better this year but 6million for a player for rovers - can’t see it hope I’m wrong

Could be cheaper than what Nixon has quoted. One things for sure you never know what can happen at this club. Brereton deal came from nowhere. With majority of our assets being sold they need to be replaced. Mowbray always stated funds would be made available for the right investment. And with Eustace being Waggotts choice he might make funds available for him

1 minute ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Seems like with the return of John Park, Nixon has been on the ball again. 

Stansfield would be an excellent signing. Played a lot on the left wing for Birmingham. Quick, excellent work-rate and can score goals. Great on the break. However it seems very unrealistic to spend that amount of money when there are limited funds and big holes in the squad elsewhere.

I know Birmingham have tried all summer to resign him. But also the fact that the Fulham manager publicly stated he was staying only 3 days ago, makes it unrealistic. 

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

He hasn't been talking nonsense all summer so why would he start now? But hope someone on his Patreon follows up and asks if Stansfield is depending on the courtcase and/or if it's one of the deals that he classifies as 'some harder than others'.

@chaddyrovers?

https://x.com/reluctantnicko/status/1824417643660562524

His title is 'Blackburn dream of Stansfield swoop' so guessing it's one of the harder deals to do. Tom Cannon on loan from Leicester an option? Probably a very expensive loan option...