BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Any other club that had taken in the amount of transfer money we have recently would be looking to make a couple of decent signings. The sort that are the first names on the team sheet. However we aren’t “ any other club “ .

We can’t afford to sell Travis without bringing in a replacement, ideally somebody who can boss the midfield without getting carded every game.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, JHRover said:

Going to be interesting to find out which Rovers player he's going to link with a move away now Adam and Szmodics have both gone.

I give it a week and he'll be on to the next one.

He didn't make it to a week, moving quickly on and now it's Travis to Hull.

It seems they are desperate to continue the cutbacks and sales, not content with the £16 million+ this summer.

We all know that multimillion purchases ain't happening here (though they could and should be with the money brought in) but of course it is free to try and con people into believing it and keeps the fans occupied for a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

His title is 'Blackburn dream of Stansfield swoop' so guessing it's one of the harder deals to do. Tom Cannon on loan from Leicester an option? Probably a very expensive loan option...

Nixon will have been tipped off that JE wants to sign Stansfield. It may be JE’s way of putting pressure on the board to spend money. He said after yesterday game that the SS money has to reinvested, and the Board were mentioned in his response. 

I’d imagine Waggott choked on his cornflakes when he saw the headline!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

He didn't make it to a week, moving quickly on and now it's Travis to Hull.

It seems they are desperate to continue the cutbacks and sales, not content with the £16 million+ this summer.

We all know that multimillion purchases ain't happening here (though they could and should be with the money brought in) but of course it is free to try and con people into believing it and keeps the fans occupied for a couple of weeks.

Wasn't there something about Travis being one of the highest earners and they were looking to move him on. I can't remember if that was Nixon or someone else reporting it

• Like 1

Stansfield? Now surely that is someone putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5. Absolutely no chance Rovers go and spend 6 million on a player. Barely any point discussing the 'what if' scenario of Rovers actually bringing him in. Germain on the other hand, sound far more likely.

On goalkeepers, Iversen is the standout choice if it can be done, even as a loan...but it'd be just typical Rovers / Waggott to sign Tim Krul, knowing full well he's injured.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Wasn't there something about Travis being one of the highest earners and they were looking to move him on. I can't remember if that was Nixon or someone else reporting it

It makes sense, him being the captain and a long serving player. He’ll be on a decent wedge by now.

4 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Indeed. I've long believed they are working their way through a list of the top earners and are forcing them out.

• Like 1

We could give Fulham a buyback clause for £25m.

@JHRoverI know you're pessimistic an rightfully so. I'll judge our dealings on September 1, and continue to let myself dream more than a little bit in the meantime. 'Defenders are coming', deals made late with no time to replace, only for no replacement to be bought in the next transfer window either. Wish someone would challenge the transfer windows in the court systems tbh. Anyway... we have a good group of players and a manager that knows the importance of having a good dressing room, so they'll make sure we have the right characters in place. Seems a bit counter-productive to usher out Travis in that sense so wonder if that's the work of SW rather than Eustace.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Indeed. I've long believed they are working their way through a list of the top earners and are forcing them out.

He'd get a pay-rise at Hull, that's for sure. Don't think he'd mind that himself and he's seen a few of his mates leave, plus there must be pre-existing issues that are still there, and that led up to his January loan move to Ipswich. 

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Stanfield £6mil. Bollocks.  No way we sign someone for that fee from a prem league club. Wages alone  would be a non-starter. 

Loan - maybe🤷🏻‍♂️

Probably room for extra wages for marquee signings. Plus he's young so wouldn't think he's on daft wages really.

Although £6 million is a lot of money, unless he gets a long term injury you are pretty much guaranteed a profit on Stansfield. If there is money in the bank I wouldn’t be surprised if they did part with it for him. Could easily be worth 10-15 million next summer if he has another decent season.

They have form for paying money for players of that ilk, knowing they are likely to sell him on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Stanfield £6mil. Bollocks.  No way we sign someone for that fee from a prem league club. Wages alone  would be a non-starter. 

Loan - maybe🤷🏻‍♂️

He signed his last contract at Fulham last summer, as a 20 year old academy graduate who hadn't played above league one (barring 3 sub appearances for Fulham)

Wouldn't imagine wages would be an issue, but the fee required would surely be out of Rovers reach unless there is a massive change in mindset from those in control of the purse strings

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

We could give Fulham a buyback clause for £25m.

@JHRoverI know you're pessimistic an rightfully so. I'll judge our dealings on September 1, and continue to let myself dream more than a little bit in the meantime. 'Defenders are coming', deals made late with no time to replace, only for no replacement to be bought in the next transfer window either. Wish someone would challenge the transfer windows in the court systems tbh. Anyway... we have a good group of players and a manager that knows the importance of having a good dressing room, so they'll make sure we have the right characters in place. Seems a bit counter-productive to usher out Travis in that sense so wonder if that's the work of SW rather than Eustace.

I wish I could also 'dream' but am more grounded in my expectations. The saddest part is that we should be spending that sort of money on those sort of players and there's nothing that should be stopping us with £40 million+ banked recently.

These owners and this CEO are not going to allow that,  but they will allow the likes of Nixon to filter it out to the fans as it suits them for people to believe we are trying to do this sort of business.

I totally agree that it would be 100% counter productive to offload Travis or indeed any others of our 1st team given the lack of depth we have and performances so far this season. I don't think Eustace would want to. 

But the manager is only one small part of the equation here and if the Indians or charlatan CEO / shadow have a 'project' of selling someone it will happen regardless of impact on manager or team.

They'll probably sweeten it by telling Eustace he'll get a load of money to reinvest afterwards, he won't. 

2 weeks ago he said he wanted 3 or 4 additions. Since then none have come in and Szmodics has gone for another £10 million and freeing up yet more wages.

People are deluded IMO if they think further sales are necessary or going to make and positive difference now.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Although £6 million is a lot of money, unless he gets a long term injury you are pretty much guaranteed a profit on Stansfield. If there is money in the bank I wouldn’t be surprised if they did part with it for him. Could easily be worth 10-15 million next summer if he has another decent season.

They have form for paying money for players of that ilk, knowing they are likely to sell him on.

if they spend 60000 million they can still fuck off ..

never forgive or forget

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We have seen it before here the owners have sanctioned money to be spent on a young forward whilst other areas of the squad are either ignored or filled with loans so I wouldn't totally rule out a bid for Stansfield.

For us fans Rovers is everything. To them it’s just a business. 

• Like 2

Anyone who thinks Rovers will pay £6million for any player then they need to go and lie down in a dark room.

Even if we had that sort of money, it would be madness to spend on one player when we are in need of at least 4 quality additions.

Disecting this morning's speculation and views on here:.

Goalie - we shouldn't touch Ruddy or Krul with even the proverbial shitty stick.

Travis - would be madness to sell him given the way he's started, like a different player.

Stanstead- as already commented

Germaine would make perfect sense.

Definite players to offload include Siggy and Vale.

• Like 3