BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

43 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

He hasn't been talking nonsense all summer so why would he start now?

He said Yuki was in England having a medical and then it turned out he was still in Japan. If that alone doesn't show he makes some stuff up I don't know what does.

• Like 5

Not a chance you’d even get a sniff of Stansfield for £6m. 
He’s 21, English, plays for a Prem team under contract and has already had a cracking season in the championship. 

He’s £10m+ and I think people are under estimating what these clubs pay to their academy prospects / what sort of wage they could achieve from other (none-Rovers) clubs.

• Like 4

£6m on one player under this regime? It’s not going to happen. Stansfield’s position is hardly a priority anyway

The lightning rod for the current funding crisis and the club’s future direction is the goalkeeper dilemma

Pears is barely adequate in this division and will continue to cost us points like he did last season. He needs to be replaced, and Eustace knows it. Failure to do so will send a signal that the club is resigned to mere survival this season and also I imagine will make Eustace question his future at the club

• Like 5

1 minute ago, superniko said:

Not a chance you’d even get a sniff of Stansfield for £6m. 
He’s 21, English, plays for a Prem team under contract and has already had a cracking season in the championship. 

He’s £10m+ and I think people are under estimating what these clubs pay to their academy prospects / what sort of wage they could achieve from other (none-Rovers) clubs.

Gallagher took a pay cut to come here for £5m if I remember correctly. If he wants to play then that might be motivation enough. Probably less than 10% of it happening, but seeing has he's linked at least we get a bit of discussion going.

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

£6m on one player under this regime? It’s not going to happen. Stansfield’s position is hardly a priority anyway

The lightning rod for the current funding crisis and the club’s future direction is the goalkeeper dilemma

Pears is barely adequate in this division and will continue to cost us points like he did last season. He needs to be replaced, and Eustace knows it. Failure to do so will send a signal that the club is resigned to mere survival this season and also I imagine will make Eustace question his future at the club

He can play across the front and we definitely need more bodies, especially ones with pace. What happens if Gueye is injured; who will hold the ball up? 

9 minutes ago, Rover1984 said:

For us fans Rovers is everything. To them it’s just a business. 

For the Indians it’s a troublesome child they’d rather forget about. For the management at Ewood it’s a cash cow for their pension pots

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Torgeir said:

Gallagher took a pay cut to come here for £5m if I remember correctly. If he wants to play then that might be motivation enough. Probably less than 10% of it happening, but seeing has he's linked at least we get a bit of discussion going.

He is playing, albeit as a sub, in the premier league. Jiminez is getting on a bit and won't feature that much I wouldn't have thought. Only takes a knock to Muniz and he's probably starting games 

The GK who went to Stoke (Johanssen) was excitedly spoken about by the GK scouts on here as someone we should have signed. Think @roversfan99 was a big admirer. 

Just watched the Stone highlights, he gifted Watford 2 goals. 

Then I watched the Burnley game. Horvath was another spoken about as the 2nd coming of Gordon Banks. He’s hilariously wank. Think @chaddyrovers was huge admirer. 

This recruitment game isn’t easy! 

• Like 1

Just now, Ossydave said:

He is playing, albeit as a sub, in the premier league. Jiminez is getting on a bit and won't feature that much I wouldn't have thought. Only takes a knock to Muniz and he's probably starting games 

Yeah, if he's getting off the bench in the prem, he isn't going to sack that off to come here for a lower table finish in the championship.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Anyone who thinks Rovers will pay £6million for any player then they need to go and lie down in a dark room.

Even if we had that sort of money, it would be madness to spend on one player

We all said the same when they pulled out £7m for Diaz! Long term investment that they let walk for free, madness.

No one can second guess these morons pal.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Stansfield might be available for £6 Million, but if you think we’ll be spending £6 Million on a player, I’ve got some other news for you- The Easter Bunny and Father Christmas aren’t real…..

To be fair it's the kind of bonkers thing these owners sanction. £6m on a striker when you've scored 12 in 3 and peanuts on a GK.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

The GK who went to Stoke (Johanssen) was excitedly spoken about by the GK scouts on here as someone we should have signed. Think @roversfan99 was a big admirer. 

Just watched the Stone highlights, he gifted Watford 2 goals. 

Then I watched the Burnley game. Horvath was another spoken about as the 2nd coming of Gordon Banks. He’s hilariously wank. Think @chaddyrovers was huge admirer. 

This recruitment game isn’t easy! 

Agree with this 100%
im fully behind replacing pears but it’s not just that simple the goalkeeping position is probably the hardest 

hull new goalkeeper had a howler during the week too

kaminski has had a shocking start to the season also along with the ones you have mentioned 

it’s def an area/priority position needing addressed but it’s a difficult one  

1 minute ago, danger19_80 said:

Kaminski was also hilariously bad yesterday and i think we'd all have him back in a heartbeat. You can expect most keepers at this level to make some mistakes. Pears just does it on the regular.

I watched the game. Kaminski was excellent until he had a rush of blood to the head. 

Im taking about these young keepers who get hyped over older experienced keepers. Young keepers make mistakes. 

Think we can all laugh at the Stanfield links. 

A good window from now would be Germain, Iverson and Poku which would cost less than Stanfield. 

Good to hear the right names it's just I only believe Germain will be the one to be realistic or likely to get done (cheap). 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Agree with this 100%
im fully behind replacing pears but it’s not just that simple the goalkeeping position is probably the hardest 

hull new goalkeeper had a howler during the week too

kaminski has had a shocking start to the season also along with the ones you have mentioned 

it’s def an area/priority position needing addressed but it’s a difficult one  

Pears is wank, the sooner he’s dropped/ sold the better.

I’m not against an experienced keeper like Ruddy. They tend to be more solid.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I agree 100% but we all got excited about Leo and he turned out to be worse

i would prefer experience at some level ideally iversen (not sure how realistic that is) before a ruddy 

8 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Ruddy is 38 this year and since leaving Norwich about 7 years ago has averaged less than 20 games per season.  Very much part of a very poor relegated Birmingham team last season.

He is no use to Rovers.

We need a number 1 goalie whose best days are not behind him and who is immeasurably better than Pears.

Pears needs to be out the door.  I wouldn't want him even as a number 2 - it's inevitable how he'd perform if and when called upon.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Ruddy is 38 this year and since leaving Norwich about 7 years ago has averaged less than 20 games per season.  Very much part of a very poor relegated Birmingham team last season.

He is no use to Rovers.

We need a number 1 goalie whose best days are not behind him and who is immeasurably better than Pears.

Pears needs to be out the door.  I wouldn't want him even as a number 2 - it's inevitable how he'd perform if and when called upon.

Experience buys time. Like Batth and Fadz, Ruddy would mean the recruitment team have a year to source a younger player that they see as long term. 

Experience is always of value. 

25 minutes ago, Gav said:

We all said the same when they pulled out £7m for Diaz! Long term investment that they let walk for free, madness.

No one can second guess these morons pal.

You are right.

Enjoy your stay down there - Suffolk and Norfolk have much to offer.

• Like 1