BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Stansfield would make perfect financial sense if £6mill is the actual asking price. A good season and his value skyrockets as a young English forward player. A very prudent way of reinvesting the Szmodics money. Whether we have the sense to see this is another matter. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

He said Yuki was in England having a medical and then it turned out he was still in Japan. If that alone doesn't show he makes some stuff up I don't know what does.

You ignored me when I replied to this last time.

Nixon didnt claim Yuki as an exclusive and the "being in England for a medical" was from the fella and who did break it Molla on X. 

Screenshot_20240818-112332.png

Edited by islander200

2 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Ryo Germain stats are awful, never managed over 10 goals in a season and the one season he came close was in the Japanese 2nd division.

Apart from this season where he has 15 in 21 in the J league?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ryo-germain/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/511448/plus/0?saison=2023&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Experience buys time. Like Batth and Fadz, Ruddy would mean the recruitment team have a year to source a younger player that they see as long term. 

Experience is always of value. 

It does if the player is currently at the level we need. Ruddy isnt.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Ryo Germain stats are awful, never managed over 10 goals in a season and the one season he came close was in the Japanese 2nd division.

IMG_0135.jpeg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, pick32 said:

It's a fair comment. Does seem like a one season wonder so far but considering he's probably going to cost next to nothing it's very low risk. At least you're buying a player full of confidence in current goal scoring form. Some players can just be late bloomers. Japanese players seem to be very hard working and if he can come in and match Gallaghers output, get 7-8 goals with a few assists it would be decent business. I don't mind us taking the gamble at such low risk. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Ruddy is 38 this year and since leaving Norwich about 7 years ago has averaged less than 20 games per season.  Very much part of a very poor relegated Birmingham team last season.

He is no use to Rovers.

We need a number 1 goalie whose best days are not behind him and who is immeasurably better than Pears.

Pears needs to be out the door.  I wouldn't want him even as a number 2 - it's inevitable how he'd perform if and when called upon.

I disagree.

His two errors at Ewood in goal for Brum were the difference that sent them down and kept us up in the final analysis.

I'd say that was extremely useful for Rovers..

But i'm with you in saying forget about signing him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Neal said:

It's a fair comment. Does seem like a one season wonder so far but considering he's probably going to cost next to nothing it's very low risk. At least you're buying a player full of confidence in current goal scoring form. Some players can just be late bloomers. Japanese players seem to be very hard working and if he can come in and match Gallaghers output, get 7-8 goals with a few assists it would be decent business. I don't mind us taking the gamble at such low risk. 

Because our other two risky striker signings have been somewhat successful, I would class Germain as a free-hit.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So Ruddy is actively first choice and we would revert to a far superior and younger option as a back up? Bizarre.

Screenshot_20240818_110100_X.jpg

"May have to turn" made me laugh... Images of a blind folded Waggot in an office chair throwing darts at walls full of pictures of players.

FFS just turn.... It's a 38 year old, useless fat iceberg right in front of you. GET A DECENT KEEPER. We're desperate. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Neal said:

You could argue szmodics was/is a one season wonder yet fans on here were expecting 15/20million for him at his age 

• Like 3

Poku in with Leonard on loan the sweeten the deal.

I can't think of the last rovers player who'd be described as a humanoid rapid assault weapon so for that alone sign him up 

Can't lose sight of a keeper

Still very light in the middle of the park (big lump signed and a technical loanee would be nice) 

Competition for Pickering 

Pace needed 

• Like 2