BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Just now, Forever Blue said:

I’m turning Japanese, I really think so….

One two three four

We're turning Japanese I think we're turning Japanese 

I really think so

One two three four

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Not impressed at all by Ryo. 

Says everything about Venkys that that is the standard of player we are after despite selling Szmodics

Me neither, but hopefully he counts as a completely free hit because he's very cheap (contact expires in January) and we still plan to sign a GK, a LB and two wingers.

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Not impressed at all by Ryo. 

Says everything about Venkys that that is the standard of player we are after despite selling Szmodics

I’d imagine you said the same about Yuki🤔

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

I’d imagine you said the same about Yuki🤔

Ah yes Yuki the confirmed championship success after two games. 

I don't know if we hit the jackpot with Yuki (I hope so) but I do know I would rather not have to play the lottery when we have millions in the bank to spend on good quality targets

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gamst said:

Stansfield would make perfect financial sense if £6mill is the actual asking price. A good season and his value skyrockets as a young English forward player. A very prudent way of reinvesting the Szmodics money. Whether we have the sense to see this is another matter. 

He only makes financial sense if you're able to shift Sigurdsson or Dolan on for a couple of million. 

He'd be a sensational signing as our #10, but we've got about 4 players that want to play there (and realistically it's probably Leonard's best position too). 

Nothing stopping us spending the likes of £6m if the court case is a success for Venkys. We are well within the financial rules. Would be a statement of intent for sure. Surprised if that happens. Loan maybe?

Someone needs to get big John in a dark room and slap some sense into him. Ruddy is not the answer. He hasn't been the answer for about 8 years now. 

• Like 3

Stansfield - yes please, but chance would be a fine thing.

Germain - not seen mention of the fee, but if it’s low-risk, it opens up Leonard for a loan out in January and Vale out this window and I’d welcome it. I actually think Ohashi moves to the 10 as a result of this one and Gueye and Germain compete for the 9.

We really need cover and competition on both flanks, RB, LB, RW, LW.

We practically shouldn’t be looking at anything before GK is solved. Sounds like Tronstad really caught Pears yesterday, every chance he’s a risk for Oxford. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Ah yes Yuki the confirmed championship success after two games. 

I don't know if we hit the jackpot with Yuki (I hope so) but I do know I would rather not have to play the lottery when we have millions in the bank to spend on good quality targets

As an aside, could anybody see Gally scoring with that header ? He’d be back on his heels around the penalty spot.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bethnal said:

Stansfield - yes please, but chance would be a fine thing.

Germain - not seen mention of the fee, but if it’s low-risk, it opens up Leonard for a loan out in January and Vale out this window and I’d welcome it. I actually think Ohashi moves to the 10 as a result of this one and Gueye and Germain compete for the 9.

We really need cover and competition on both flanks, RB, LB, RW, LW.

We practically shouldn’t be looking at anything before GK is solved. Sounds like Tronstad really caught Pears yesterday, every chance he’s a risk for Oxford. 

He’s a risk anyway.

I’m tired of reading about cover and competition. We need some starters in. The guys we’ve got now can be the cover and competition.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, islander200 said:

To be fair I'd rather be in that cult than have an irrational hatred for someone if never met.

No irrational hate. I just accept that his 'job' involves generating speculation and peddling rumour. So whilst he does get quite a few things right, he also clearly puts stuff that he has no idea if it is true or not. All in order to get people to pay for his Patreon to read it. If he never posted anything about a club until he actually knew something then he would get the attention he does, thus have less followers, less subscribers and less money.

Now don't get me wrong. If he links us to a player I will have a look who it is. It's not like Nathan Jones who does actually seem to make shit up.

My original comment this morning was to someone implying that he had been accurate all summer, when there are plenty of 'links' which haven't seemed to have gone anywhere and the obvious example I've quoted where he was peddling an untruth as fact with no source other than a random Japanese account.

As for the cult of Nixon comment, I apoligise as that was probably a bit harsh. But I didn't answer you last time firstly as I never even claimed he had the transfer exclusive and, as I've shown, you were wrong to claim he didn't state being in the country as fact. I just couldn't be bothered having this argument.

He's been selling Trav all summer. Let's see.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

His movement was excellent. The finish even better. Gally wouldn’t have made the box. 

A very Jordan Rhodes header. Reminds me of a couple he scored… at home to Watford rings a bell?

• Like 2

Germain looks a different player from Gueye and Ohashi again. He looks like a really solid built player with a hammer of a left foot. I can see him being competition for the space currently filled by JRC. 

The question mark again will be he is able to come in, adapt and succeed at Championship level. There is a lot of footage of his goals doing the rounds, but what about his overall play? Is he able to offer the pace and power we lack?

He also looks like he may pose another threat when balls are put into the box.

Another exciting unknown quantity for Rovers. Good luck to him.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Just watched the highlights. Two excellent corners deliveries they scored from and a part in another goal when he slipped a superb pass through their defence. 

He showed some good touches for us against lower league teams in the Carabao Cup so this isn't really surprising.

He's just not very good at our level.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

He showed some good touches for us against lower league teams in the Carabao Cup so this isn't really surprising.

He's just not very good at our level.

I think he’s L1 level from what we’ve seen so far. Chesterfield have done well to get him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Give him the armband. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

No irrational hate. I just accept that his 'job' involves generating speculation and peddling rumour. So whilst he does get quite a few things right, he also clearly puts stuff that he has no idea if it is true or not. All in order to get people to pay for his Patreon to read it. If he never posted anything about a club until he actually knew something then he would get the attention he does, thus have less followers, less subscribers and less money.

Now don't get me wrong. If he links us to a player I will have a look who it is. It's not like Nathan Jones who does actually seem to make shit up.

My original comment this morning was to someone implying that he had been accurate all summer, when there are plenty of 'links' which haven't seemed to have gone anywhere and the obvious example I've quoted where he was peddling an untruth as fact with no source other than a random Japanese account.

As for the cult of Nixon comment, I apoligise as that was probably a bit harsh. But I didn't answer you last time firstly as I never even claimed he had the transfer exclusive and, as I've shown, you were wrong to claim he didn't state being in the country as fact. I just couldn't be bothered having this argument.

Ok fair points and for clarity I do not believe everything he says.I didn't say nixon didn't say he was in the country,what I said was he took that from Molla.I just feel his stories are worth discussing and he seems to have a little bit more knowledge of what is going on behind the scenes than he has the previous few summers. 

All these twitter guys are the same some right some wrong.Like O'Rourke tweeting Bruce was the new Jamaica coach and then an hour later McClaren was announced