BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Not necessarily bothered how much we spend, as opposed to getting the scouting spot on.

It isn't as if we'll be forking out £10 million on a player, at the level Rovers will be spending, it's as likely we'll get a good player for nowt, or next to now.

The money may well be better spent on wages than transfer fees. 

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s a risk anyway.

I’m tired of reading about cover and competition. We need some starters in. The guys we’ve got now can be the cover and competition.

Joe Hilton is a bomb scare, if we’ve not got another option, I’d rather Pears in there injured but another knock to the face and he could be out long-term. My point was that we probably need an emergency in.

”Cover and competition” wasn’t meant as signing players to be the cover and competition, it’s to create the concept of it in those positions. They can be starters, but I don’t think we’re going to shell out the required cash for starters in four positions.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

As an aside, could anybody see Gally scoring with that header ? He’d be back on his heels around the penalty spot.

Gallagher wouldn't have scored any of the three goals Yuki has scored so far. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s a risk anyway.

I’m tired of reading about cover and competition. We need some starters in. The guys we’ve got now can be the cover and competition.

The manager said exactly this after the game. Doesn't want squad fillers, said he can use the kids for that, wants players to come in and improve us. 

With that said, I hope he does his best to ship out Hyam and do whatever it takes for James Hill... An unused sub yesterday. (Highly unrealistic I know)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, M_B said:

Not necessarily bothered how much we spend, as opposed to getting the scouting spot on.

It isn't as if we'll be forking out £10 million on a player, at the level Rovers will be spending, it's as likely we'll get a good player for nowt, or next to now.

The money may well be better spent on wages than transfer fees. 

Would love to understand this a bit more.

We have received somewhere in the region of 35 million pounds for players in the last year. Yet you aren't bothered how much we reinvest in the squad because at the level of our self imposed spending restrictions free players are probably just as good as players we could get for a few hundred thousands?

But you do care that we should be reinvesting way more money into the squad though right?, see Coventry for a good example

21 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

What does he think about Dembele as a player?

Sorry it took time to get a response. Fast skilful but tries to do too much with the ball at times. But reckons Eustace has been the only manager to get him to tick. He's not heard anything else in the last 24hours. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Germain looks a different player from Gueye and Ohashi again. He looks like a really solid built player with a hammer of a left foot. I can see him being competition for the space currently filled by JRC. 

The question mark again will be he is able to come in, adapt and succeed at Championship level. There is a lot of footage of his goals doing the rounds, but what about his overall play? Is he able to offer the pace and power we lack?

He also looks like he may pose another threat when balls are put into the box.

Another exciting unknown quantity for Rovers. Good luck to him.

If he can't beat out JRC, then I don't know. JRC shouldn't be a starter, but such is the weakness at the moment of this squad, that had 2 poor games, might continue to start 

1 minute ago, Iceman said:

If he can't beat out JRC, then I don't know. JRC shouldn't be a starter, but such is the weakness at the moment of this squad, that had 2 poor games, might continue to start 

JRC looks leggy. Maybe it’s the beating him out that’s making him tired. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

It could just be, that because the squad is so thin right now, that the extra work load is catching up fitness wise..but, that shouldn't be after only a few games 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Would love to understand this a bit more.

We have received somewhere in the region of 35 million pounds for players in the last year. Yet you aren't bothered how much we reinvest in the squad because at the level of our self imposed spending restrictions free players are probably just as good as players we could get for a few hundred thousands?

But you do care that we should be reinvesting way more money into the squad though right?, see Coventry for a good example

Just as an example, £2.5 million gets you Jerry Yates. Would you right now swap  Ohashi for Yates? 

Also, would you be happier if we'd spent £2.5 million on Ohashi than get him for next to nothing? 

What I'm saying is, at that low level, with the right scouting, we're as likely to pick someone up of similar or better quality on a free or there abouts. Not sure of the potential fee for Germaine. 

The link with the Fulham player at £6 million is obviously a different level. You're then looking to speculate to accumulate. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Iceman said:

It could just be, that because the squad is so thin right now, that the extra work load is catching up fitness wise..but, that shouldn't be after only a few games 

5 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Eustace mentioned after the Derby game that JRC had been playing with an injury.  Maybe its just a case of JRC "playing through the pain" for the good of the team whilst the squad is stretched?

If that is the case, then hopefully a new signing or two will enable JRC to have a rest and get back to his best (which for me would also involve a switch back into midfield to compete/rotate with Travis/Tronstad)

• Like 6

Just seen the Peterborough lads goals from yesterday , took them very well 1 right foot 1 left don’t know if we are seriously in for him but looks a decent player 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Iceman said:

JRC is arguably our best RB and our second best CM. He's just not a AMR. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, M_B said:

Just as an example, £2.5 million gets you Jerry Yates. Would you right now swap  Ohashi for Yates? 

Also, would you be happier if we'd spent £2.5 million on Ohashi than get him for next to nothing? 

What I'm saying is, at that low level, with the right scouting, we're as likely to pick someone up of similar or better quality on a free or there abouts. Not sure of the potential fee for Germaine. 

The link with the Fulham player at £6 million is obviously a different level. You're then looking to speculate to accumulate. 

So would it be fair to say that you don't think the clubs needs to spend money on transfer fees at all to be successful as long as the scouting of players is good enough

2 hours ago, Neal said:

"May have to turn" made me laugh... Images of a blind folded Waggot in an office chair throwing darts at walls full of pictures of players.

FFS just turn.... It's a 38 year old, useless fat iceberg right in front of you. GET A DECENT KEEPER. We're desperate. 

Sounds like it’s the manager that wants Ruddy so suppose we need to trust his judgement

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

JRC is arguably our best RB and our second best CM. He's just not a AMR. 

Like I said, perhaps it's the thinness of the squad, and he has been asked to do something he is not comfortable, that he has looked poor. We have to make some signings, to round out this squad better 

15 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

He doesn't look fit at all, but he's also proving not to be a wide player (to be fair in the past I thought he could do a job there).

It's why I'm also against signing strikers that can play 'across the line'. I want genuine width and trickery out wide, not a reasonably quick, sub 6' bloke that can pop up at the back post and score every now and again.