BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

17 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

You seem to rate this Ryo chap unleaded. Does he have decent pace? 

He looks decently quick in the highlights (and Japanese players generally aren't slow - small, but not slow).

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He doesn't look fit at all, but he's also proving not to be a wide player (to be fair in the past I thought he could do a job there).

It's why I'm also against signing strikers that can play 'across the line'. I want genuine width and trickery out wide, not a reasonably quick, sub 6' bloke that can pop up at the back post and score every now and again. 

I might be wrong but I thought the JE tactic was to have an out-and-out winger on one side and more of a wide midfielder on the other so that the midfield is packed. That’s why Brittain ends up playing high up the pitch because he’s the outlet to get crosses in, and JRC tucks in to make an extra man in midfield. 

Just what I’ve gleaned for pre season and the Derby game. 

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He doesn't look fit at all, but he's also proving not to be a wide player (to be fair in the past I thought he could do a job there).

It's why I'm also against signing strikers that can play 'across the line'. I want genuine width and trickery out wide, not a reasonably quick, sub 6' bloke that can pop up at the back post and score every now and again. 

There is the possibility that when he is fully fit, he could play the wide role in a similar way to how he played RB (coming inside to create overloads)  But he is never going to be a "winger"

Edited by KentExile

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I might be wrong but I thought the JE tactic was to have an out-and-out winger on one side and more of a wide midfielder on the other so that the midfield is packed. That’s why Brittain ends up playing high up the pitch because he’s the outlet to get crosses in, and JRC tucks in to make an extra man in midfield. 

Just what I’ve gleaned for pre season and the Derby game. 

Pretty sure this is the plan, albeit hampered by JRCs current lack of fitness/mobility/legs

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Sorry it took time to get a response. Fast skilful but tries to do too much with the ball at times. But reckons Eustace has been the only manager to get him to tick. He's not heard anything else in the last 24hours. 

I can’t think who he was playing for now but I remember him coming to Ewood and giving us a bit of a chasing. That was before he went to Bournemouth.

Stoke have become my second favourite club(after Rovers) because of the massive favour they did us taking Ennis & Gallagher off our hands. Also got Moran in,I know......I wonder if they would swap goalies aka Pears out for Johannsson in(perhaps  with small cash amount to them)??

I think they maybe also enquired about Travis(should be a no-no given we could yet be in a relegation scrap).

Saves them time looking further afield, wouldnt you say?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KentExile said:

There is the possibility that when he is fully fit, he could play the wide role in a similar way to how he played RB (coming inside to create overloads)  But he is never going to be a "winger"

We really need to find the lads actual position, instead of plugging holes for JRC to fill in. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I probably should have made the ‘beating him out’ innuendo more obvious. Or I’ll just be less puerile🤣

But, yeah, he’s clearly unfit. 

The game passed him by yesterday. Especially in the second half when they were all over us. I thought the subs should have been done earlier.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

Germain is a short term option...same age as Sammie S ...different player.

As others have noted, has only played about 150 times in his career (in a much less physically demanding league) and before 22 was playing only semi-professionally for his university - might be like Vardy and have quite a few years left in him past 30 (one can hope).

Edited by jny
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

The extensive list is Pickering, Hyam, Carter, Tronstad, Gueye, Ohashi 

6 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

The extensive list is Pickering, Hyam, Carter, Tronstad, Gueye, Ohashi 

The fact you don’t have Travis in there speaks volumes of your lack of footballing knowledge 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jny said:

As others have noted, has only played about 150 times in his career (in a much less physically demanding league) and before 22 was playing only semi-professionally for his university - might be like Vardy and have quite a few years left in him past 30 (one can hope).

For me, the success rate of Japanese players playing abroad, and in England, gives me hope. I've not seen a Japanese player, whose work rate is lacking..even if Ryo doesn't score plenty this season, he can still play in various positions, plus he is another body that we need. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I hope it is true as he looks an exciting prospect, although I am just going off YouTube videos but he looks to be clinical with a real fierce shot.

Yes I seen bits of clips and he looks clinical 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think Stansfield is a really talented young striker and in isolation not factoring in squad balance would be a great addition to any Championship squad. But as I said yesterday, I dont feel like any central strikers should be a priority. If we do have £6m to spend which I seriously doubt then I feel like more natural wide men would be the place to spend that.

Its Eustace pushing this one and he would be very good signing for me, but you do make a very valid point and I agree that we need a wide player signing also in plus keeper, left back and centre midfielder. 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Iversen would be a good addition, he is the one that fits the bill.

great to see us agree on this

4 hours ago, Torgeir said:

He hasn't been talking nonsense all summer so why would he start now? But hope someone on his Patreon follows up and asks if Stansfield is depending on the courtcase and/or if it's one of the deals that he classifies as 'some harder than others'.

@chaddyrovers?

https://x.com/reluctantnicko/status/1824417643660562524

Yes I can asked him, its no problem

9 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

The fact you don’t have Travis in there speaks volumes of your lack of footballing knowledge 

Travis reverted back to his typical self 45 mins into the season. He was not good yesterday and his yellow card was particularly moronic

Two separate Brighton friends have texted me today saying this guy is going out on loan and they think/hope he comes to Ewood.

“Second coming of Saka” (believe it when I see it).

Has he been linked before?

3 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Travis reverted back to his typical self 45 mins into the season. He was not good yesterday and his yellow card was particularly moronic

Travis was absolutely superb against derby and only for the subs scoring and getting the headlines his performance was overlooked

bar 25mins yday he was exactly what we want him to be so again how you’ve come to the conclusion in 2 games he’s been shite speaks volumes of yourself rather than realistic views/opinions