BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Just now, Emerald Isle Rover said:

bar 25mins yday he was exactly what we want him to be so again how you’ve come to the conclusion in 2 games he’s been shite speaks volumes of yourself rather than realistic views/opinions 

Travis yesterday for their second goals sums him up, lumbering around with no intensity, pointing is his strong point!

3 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Two separate Brighton friends have texted me today saying this guy is going out on loan and they think/hope he comes to Ewood.

“Second coming of Saka” (believe it when I see it).

Has he been linked before?

Mentioned him before, looks good.

• Like 1

Not too sure what to make about Germain. Positionally, we already have 2 new strikers fighting for one spot (Ohashi seems to want to run in behind so not sure he is as suited playing in attacking midfield) so this would be a third out and out striker, regardless of he can "do a job" elsewhere.

Ohashi also seemingly was a bit of a late bloomer but he had a more prolonged spell of a couple of years of regular goalscoring, and is a year younger. So there is perhaps more chance of Germain being just enjoying a (very) good spell of form.

I think the key is whether this deal is aswell as rather than instead of a winger or two. If its the former then perhaps he could be a very useful and cheap pickup as we look to spread the goals around.

13 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Like who?

That’s the point. There aren’t any players like that now. They’re just wannabe hard lads. Look at that with Scher and Brererton yesterday - pathetic. I’d be totally embarrassed.

You get charged over like that, you pick yourself up and take the free kick and you wait for your chance to really hurt the bastard. It’ll come, just be patient.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its Eustace pushing this one and he would be very good signing for me, but you do make a very valid point and I agree that we need a wide player signing also in plus keeper, left back and centre midfielder. 

Who says Eustace is pushing for Stansfield?

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not too sure what to make about Germain. Positionally, we already have 2 new strikers fighting for one spot (Ohashi seems to want to run in behind so not sure he is as suited playing in attacking midfield) so this would be a third out and out striker, regardless of he can "do a job" elsewhere.

Ohashi also seemingly was a bit of a late bloomer but he had a more prolonged spell of a couple of years of regular goalscoring, and is a year younger. So there is perhaps more chance of Germain being just enjoying a (very) good spell of form.

I think the key is whether this deal is aswell as rather than instead of a winger or two. If its the former then perhaps he could be a very useful and cheap pickup as we look to spread the goals around.

From what we’ve seen so far, neither of the two new strikers have more than 60 minutes in them. In that case we need subs that can take over.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

45 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

So would it be fair to say that you don't think the clubs needs to spend money on transfer fees at all to be successful as long as the scouting of players is good enough

I've just said that the Fulham player would be a different situation. 

It isn't black and white, we might pick up a gem for £2 million, but in general you don't get much for your money at that level. 

Buying 5 players for £10 million wouldn't necessarily appease me any more than 5 free transfers where we may have to pay higher wages to get better quality. 

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just a typical Travis performance. Good bits, bad bits and a pointless yellow card. Real hard players don’t get involved with stupid shit like that. They make the cards count.

What was Travis booked for? I saw the referee flash his card just after Travis made a challenge on the far touchline and thought it was for that. The game restarted with a throw in so it can't have been for the challenge.

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

What was Travis booked for? I saw the referee flash his card just after Travis made a challenge on the far touchline and thought it was for that. The game restarted with a throw in so it can't have been for the challenge.

I’m not sure. It might have been for something he said afterwards. They’d been trying to wind him up all game. Sly shoves off the ball that went unseen by the officials etc. He should know better really. Buckley’s the same.

31 minutes ago, neophox said:

Hopefully, Poku, Dembele, Stanfield and Germain in along with a goalie and a defender and midfelder on loan from prem clubs..my bet.

Dolan and Vale to leave.

Haha, not a chance we get all them permanent.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Based on transfer rumours so with a heap of salt, it feels like Eustace's heart is still in Birmingham and hes trying to get the gang back together.

Or he's trying to cherry-pick the best players from his time there.

• Like 2

Quick sign them all up before Tuesday.. who knows what could happen. Could be like last year where suddenly nothing else gets approved..

Signing someone like the Fulham lad would be a sensible reinvestment of Smod funds, finally give Leonard the loan he needs etc. But no doubt theres 10 other clubs with more money/clout. I'm happy with cheaps risks like Germain as squad players, injuries will no doubt start coming soon. (JRC, Hedges)

Interesting how well the Japenese signings are doing in this league/celtic etc. Any proper duds?

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

From what we’ve seen so far, neither of the two new strikers have more than 60 minutes in them. In that case we need subs that can take over.

On this... I think this also comes down to a change of style in play, high press is a lot more demanding and the top clubs often make subs to forward players to keep it affective. That's why more attacking players like Ryo are needed. Wouldn't imagine big Mac lasts many 90 mins this season. 

• Like 1

I think Stansfield would be a very good signing for us and in 2 years time if we don't get promote I think he would be worth £15m. I can understand people's point of view that you could use that money to bring a new keeper(Iversen), Winger(Poku), another forward(Germain) plus a left back and centre midfielder. I just think signing him would take us to another level and give us a chance of getting playoffs place this season(also if we sign a quality keeper, left back and winger)) or next season. 

1 hour ago, unleaded said:

Can I join !! 😅😎. Thanks anyways … 

Can I join 🤣

Just now, Mercer said:

Who says Eustace is pushing for Stansfield?

Nicko. I said that this morning in my posts that Eustace is pushing for Jay Stansfield. Source was Nicko. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m not sure. It might have been for something he said afterwards. They’d been trying to wind him up all game. Sly shoves off the ball that went unseen by the officials etc. He should know better really. Buckley’s the same.

One of my pet hates is players getting cautioned for technical offences like dissent or kicking the ball away. For somebody like Travis who plays on the margins a cheap yellow card often takes a lot away from his game.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Gueye has had no pre season games in Belgium and the only he has played this season was 45 mins in a friendly and leagues/cup games here. Eustace said this post match yesterday. 

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

One of my pet hates is players getting cautioned for technical offences like dissent or kicking the ball away. For somebody like Travis who plays on the margins a cheap yellow card often takes a lot away from his game.

Stupid play. Like Buckley getting three games for bouncing the ball on an opponents head. Mindless shit. He’d got his chance of playing again after being out of the team for a while. Then he goes and does that and he’s out of the team again ! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Judge21 said:

For 1.5 mil, I am surprised we have not been linked with Luke McCowan from Dundee.

Big jump in level but he is improving all the time and in last year of his deal

I mentioned him about 100 pages back. Cracking player

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Stansfield would be a very good signing for us and in 2 years time if we don't get promote I think he would be worth £15m. I can understand people's point of view that you could use that money to bring a new keeper(Iversen), Winger(Poku), another forward(Germain) plus a left back and centre midfielder. I just think signing him would take us to another level and give us a chance of getting playoffs place this season(also if we sign a quality keeper, left back and winger)) or next season. 

Can I join 🤣

Nicko. I said that this morning in my posts that Eustace is pushing for Jay Stansfield. Source was Nicko. 

It doesn’t work quite like that at Rovers. In the very unlikely event of us spending £6 million on a striker and he has a good season he’ll be off next August - see Sammi. If he doesn’t have a good season he’ll hang around like a bad smell - see Gally.

48 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can’t think who he was playing for now but I remember him coming to Ewood and giving us a bit of a chasing. That was before he went to Bournemouth.

Peterborough.  He looked a threat in that game running withc the ball from deep.   I don't think he's really progressed since then.  A bit like Rothwell. Unplayable on his day  but not very consistent. Can't see him being the answer to our wing issues. 

• Like 1

It does raise the point, if Stansfield does sign then would he and Mak be ok rotating? Mak has looked good to my eyes so far and so would feel unfair to immediately lose his spot.  Also don't think either would happily rotate.  Competition is good. 

I do think we are light up front but would rather spend money on keeper, winger, someone off the striker, central midfield and full back (in that order).

It might be a gamble but a decently aged big man (23/24) might be worth a gamble to understudy Mak 

• Like 1