BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It doesn’t work quite like that at Rovers. In the very unlikely event of us spending £6 million on a striker and he has a good season he’ll be off next August - see Sammi. If he doesn’t have a good season he’ll hang around like a bad smell - see Gally.

He is quality Tyrone and he will never be like Gallagher in a miles years. 15-20 goal season player 

• Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, M_B said:

It isn't black and white, we might pick up a gem for £2 million, but in general you don't get much for your money at that level. 

I thought your whole argument was having some super duper scouting setup allows you to get good freebies. Wouldn't the same super duper scouting set up be able to get you good players for that money

Just seems to me you are trying to justify any pathetic amount of money Venkys will spend

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Peterborough.  He looked a threat in that game running withc the ball from deep.   I don't think he's really progressed since then.  A bit like Rothwell. Unplayable on his day  but not very consistent. Can't see him being the answer to our wing issues. 

That was the game. It’s still handy having a midfield player who can carry it from your half to their half at speed. None of  Tronstad, Travis or JRC can do that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, neophox said:

Hopefully, Poku, Dembele, Stanfield and Germain in along with a goalie and a defender and midfelder on loan from prem clubs..my bet.

Dolan and Vale to leave.

Are we linked to Poku? 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He is quality Tyrone and he will never be like Gallagher in a miles years. 15-20 goal season player 

You could well be right about his ability but my point was if he is successful he’ll be off next season. We’ll never be able to build a team as long as the Chicken Chokers are calling the shots because they sell every decent player we get.

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I keep saying this but Brian Clough said - “ Nobody can lose you a game quicker than your goalkeeper so sign the best one you can get “ . That was after people questioned him paying a record fee to sign Peter Shilton. He was right then and he’s still right now.

The best teams are the ones with the best goalkeepers. That's why my team that I played in was so dam good 😉

Much as I would love Stansfield here, even if we DID have £6m to spend , can't see them wanting both Germain and Stansfield.

Any money we might have needs to go on a keeper and wide man, with possible loans at full back and cm

Off topic, but I was just looking at these 2 seasons. Just in terms of attendance under Sparky, and it shows, put a good squad together, and the fans will come out. Okay Venkys is still the odd one out here, but I hope the next week or so, we can find some good additions, where the fans are ready to get behind 

Screenshot_2024-08-18-15-59-21-91_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2024-08-18-15-59-40-18_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

6 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Could we afford him?

I don't know, but perhaps a season long loan deal..could run that flank, and get Ryo, Yuki, Weimann and MG on the end of some good scoring chances 

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Stansfield would be a very good signing for us and in 2 years time if we don't get promote I think he would be worth £15m. I can understand people's point of view that you could use that money to bring a new keeper(Iversen), Winger(Poku), another forward(Germain) plus a left back and centre midfielder. I just think signing him would take us to another level and give us a chance of getting playoffs place this season(also if we sign a quality keeper, left back and winger)) or next season. 

Can I join 🤣

Nicko. I said that this morning in my posts that Eustace is pushing for Jay Stansfield. Source was Nicko. 

Chaddy, there is absolutely no chance we will sign Stansfield.

It is fantasy island stuff - even if we could get him for a £6million fee, a 4 year deal would cost in the region of £14million including wages and NI and out of our range.  You certainly would not also get "a quality keeper, left back and winger" - as the saying goes, we would be 'all fur coat and no knickers'.

Edited by Mercer

26 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I thought your whole argument was having some super duper scouting setup allows you to get good freebies. Wouldn't the same super duper scouting set up be able to get you good players for that money

Just seems to me you are trying to justify any pathetic amount of money Venkys will spend

That's just a ridiculous reply,you're picking out the bits that suit an argument and ignoring the rest. 

A million in wages is the same as a million in transfer fees. The lower the fee, the more you can pay in wages, which may get you a better player. 

50 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You could well be right about his ability but my point was if he is successful he’ll be off next season. We’ll never be able to build a team as long as the Chicken Chokers are calling the shots because they sell every decent player we get.

I am very right on his ability. I wanted us to sign him on loan last summer, we didn't, Eustace and Birmingham did

25 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Chaddy, there is absolutely no chance we will sign Stansfield.

It is fantasy island stuff - even if we could get him for a £6million fee, a 4 year deal would cost in the region of £14million including wages and NI and out of our range.  You certainly would not also get "a quality keeper, left back and winger" - as the saying goes, we would be 'all fur coat and no knickers'.

Lets wait to see Mercer. If we do sign Stansfield I would be thrilled and delightful. It could be loan for 12 months which wouldn't surprise me, but equally I understand and recognise we need 4 new players in before the window closes, in a number 1 keeper, left back, centre midfielder and left winger. Its looks like Ryo Germain is coming who hopefully will have an impact like Ohashi and Gueye have.  

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Whilst I agree with him that Siggy and Gueye do not take up an ESC Slot (and Ohashi does).  I am not sure that what he states about Mafoumbi not needing to take an ESC slot due to his being U21 is correct.

I am almost certain that Sunderland had to use an ESC slot on Mayenda last season and he was 19 at the time

Edit - Apparently not Mayenda, but U21 players do take up a slot as per below.  So Rovers have 2.  Mafoumbi & Ohashi

https://analyticsfc.co.uk/blog/2023/06/21/introducing-esc-the-new-gbe-guidance-opens-up-recruitment-post-brexit/

"Sunderland have been mentioned for their penchant for niche cases in their recent recruitment. They were one of the few clubs to have used the different process for Under 21 players successfully, bringing the likes of Jewison Bennette and, recently, Nectarios Triantis to the North East. The ESC slots give them the opportunity to work their network and model to an even greater degree, as was the case in the Semedo deal."

Edited by KentExile

10 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Not sure that what he states about Mafoumbi not needing to take an ESC slot due to his being U21 is correct.

I am almost certain that Sunderland had to use an ESC slot on Mayenda last season and he was 19 at the time

I’m not sure that’s a reliable twitter account

• Like 3

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Don't know but he's been touted here..

If Daniel Iversen is available at 1.6m get him in and make him first choice. 

Signing Iversen for between 1-2 mill should be a no brainer!   good pedigree, Bags of championship experience, perfect age for a keeper when they're just reaching their peak years, big commanding keeper (won fans player of the year at preston)  Why wouldn't you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Signing Iversen for between 1-2 mill should be a no brainer!   good pedigree, Bags of championship experience, perfect age for a keeper when they're just reaching their peak years, big commanding keeper (won fans player of the year at preston)  Why wouldn't you!

He apparently wants £25,000 a week , way out of our salary bracket if true. Would need some serious negotiations 

• Like 2