BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

58 minutes ago, M_B said:

That's just a ridiculous reply,you're picking out the bits that suit an argument and ignoring the rest. 

A million in wages is the same as a million in transfer fees. The lower the fee, the more you can pay in wages, which may get you a better player. 

But we don't go and buy huge free agents, we buy free agents no one else wanted or those on low wages.

You are being completely delusional 

21 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

He apparently wants £25,000 a week , way out of our salary bracket if true. Would need some serious negotiations 

But the chance of playing regular and first team football over sitting in Leicester reserves tho? decision to be made there

16 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

You’re in a world of your own you Chaddy! The evidence says otherwise. 

As for Stansfield, see below 👇 

IMG_7905.jpeg

I am fully aware of Silva's comments but situations can change in transfer window. 

I feel like Rankin Costello is at risk of becoming a victim of his own versatility. There is a really good player in there but he seems to be shunted around perhaps to fill in where we are short.

I dont think playing him wide suits him at all, he isnt very quick and he struggles to cause full backs problems. He wasnt as ineffective in the middle but I still wasnt totally convinced by him there either. By far his best spell in a Rovers shirt was at right back where he became a real asset on the ball and was surprisingly competent defensively.

A primary position should be chosen for him and we should build and recruit around that, and that shouldnt be out wide. If its judged that hes best at right back, we look fine there. If hes seen as a midfielder, I still think we could do with another but its less of a pressing matter.

• Like 4

Firstly, JRC is carrying an injury but playing through it. Good on him. 

In all fairness, he has played 2 games there so far. Give it more time and let him get fit but he isn't playing wide but cutting more inside and allowing Brittain to play wide. 

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Chaddy, there is absolutely no chance we will sign Stansfield.

It is fantasy island stuff - even if we could get him for a £6million fee, a 4 year deal would cost in the region of £14million including wages and NI and out of our range.  You certainly would not also get "a quality keeper, left back and winger" - as the saying goes, we would be 'all fur coat and no knickers'.

None of us (bar maybe unleaded and one more) have a clue who or what we can afford. Chaddy is ultra positive (I prefer it), but why people think they can slap him down and ridicule his hypothesis in a thinly veiled attempt to make themselves appear like they know something is laughable.

No one knows what Venkys will do and there’s no precedence other than they’re completely inconsistent. Under V’s tenure, we’ve gone full windows and spent nothing, we’ve loaned great players and shit ones, we’ve signed players for a million and some for two million. We’ve spent £5-7m on players in surprise “special” cases…and set up multimillion pound deals before ‘forgetting’ to press send (on more than one occasion)🤬🤦🏽‍♂️

Honestly, no one knows what this lot will do.

PS - We’ve never been in a stronger position (in terms of FFP headway) and the owners could find the £14m you speak of down the back of their couch. A change of the wind could sort Stansfield. 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 4
  • Downvote 3

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly, JRC is carrying an injury but playing through it. Good on him. 

In all fairness, he has played 2 games there so far. Give it more time and let him get fit but he isn't playing wide but cutting more inside and allowing Brittain to play wide. 

If injured shouldn't be playing.

In any event, if playing in a role that doesn't suit him or reduces his effectiveness then poor management.

1 hour ago, CambridgeRover said:

But we don't go and buy huge free agents, we buy free agents no one else wanted or those on low wages.

You are being completely delusional 

You obviously don't understand the concept. 

20 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

None of us (bar maybe unleaded and one more) have a clue who or what we can afford. Chaddy is ultra positive (I prefer it), but why people think they can slap him down and ridicule his hypothesis in a thinly veiled attempt to make themselves appear like they know something is laughable.

No one knows what Venkys will do and there’s no precedence other than they’re completely inconsistent. Under V’s tenure, we’ve gone full windows and spent nothing, we’ve loaned great players and shit ones, we’ve signed players for a million and some for two million. We’ve spent £5-7m on players in surprise “special” cases…and set up multimillion pound deals before ‘forgetting’ to press send (on more than one occasion)🤬🤦🏽‍♂️

Honestly, no one knows what this lot will do. 

Don't talk feckin nonsense.

Firstly, just where in my post is there "a thinly veiled attempt to make themselves appear like they know something" ?  There isn't and you are spouting crap.

Secondly, Silva said he's going nowhere and even if he changed his mind, I would suggest 99 out of 100 Rovers' fans would be scratching their head in bewilderment as to how we can find £6million and relatively huge wages of £20kish pw when all our actions and behaviours of recent times indicate we haven't a pot to piss in!!!!!  And you say you are a business man!?!?

IMO, it's Nixon bullsh1t designed to make Rovers' fans think the garden's coming up rosy.  I've little doubt he's getting nuggets of genuine information but perhaps in return he's expected to paint a 'rosy picture' every now and then  to assuage the fans and sadly, some like Chaddy will fall for it.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IMO, it's Nixon bullsh1t designed to make Rovers' fans think the garden's coming up rosy.  I've little doubt he's getting nuggets of genuine information but perhaps in return he's expected to paint a 'rosy picture' every now and then  to assuage the fans and sadly, some like Chaddy will fall for it.

That's exactly what it is if you ask me, he will have been smirking as he typed it

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Signing Iversen for between 1-2 mill should be a no brainer!   good pedigree, Bags of championship experience, perfect age for a keeper when they're just reaching their peak years, big commanding keeper (won fans player of the year at preston)  Why wouldn't you!

Because it's us? :I

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Secondly, Silva said he's going nowhere and even if he changed his mind, I would suggest 99 out of 100 Rovers' fans would be scratching their head in bewilderment as to how we can find £6million and relatively huge wages of £20kish pw when all our actions and behaviours of recent times indicate we haven't a pot to piss in!!!!!  And you say you are a business man!?!?

Tbf, you say you're a businessman and yet you think £6 million plus 4 years of 20k p/w wages (4 million) and NI adds up to £14 million. You also think gambling on the incorrect outcome is a 'license to print money'. So, whilst I don't believe we'll be signing him, stones and glass houses come to mind.

• Like 6

So in our keeper search, who identifies our keeper targets.  Is it our keepr coach Benson?  If so I hope he is better at recuiting than he seems to be coaching.  Sadly I believe he needs replacing too.  Could be just me but looks like our keepers go backwards.  Kaminski being most obvious.  He did look to go downhill some, most.noticable.was a drop off in his distribution.  Was.giod when he came and got to be poor.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If injured shouldn't be playing.

In any event, if playing in a role that doesn't suit him or reduces his effectiveness then poor management.

Most players will have niggles throughout a season and will play games with them. 

25 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Indian court case has been a factor for the last 12 months but this summer, we seen some smart transfer moves like Ohashi, Gueye and Weimann have improve our team and I am expecting more this last 12 days of the window. I am fully aware of Silva's comments on him thanks as I have said previously but things can change like a striker gets offer to them on the last week of the transfer window and they go and sign him, will further reduced his playing time there and he asks for a move away

25 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Nixon bullshit? Got the Batth, Gueye and Weimann coming here spot on. Plus every backroom change right. 

Yes you told about Ipswich in for Szmodics about 12 to 18 hours before Nixon ran the story so yes you were right they wanted him and bid for him, but also you said it would be done weeks before it was done. 

• Like 1

These "special cases" are massively overstated. That summer when we signed Brereton and Armstrong for £10m is very much a special case. Other than that, we bought Gallagher in 2019 in a summer when our net spend was around £1m. Since, its been freebies, loans and low 6 figure fees almost exclusively. The biggest flurry since was the £4m spent in 2022. We also had a number of frugal summers prior to that. These multimillion deals that fell through are again a mistruth, Maguire had to be turned into a loan because they wouldnt reinvest a slither of the Wharton money and the O'Brien deal was a loan that would have only led to a fee if we had got an unlikely promotion. Not that either matter as they didnt happen.

They dont need to find the money down the side of the couch, we have made £40m in sales. Venkys have a track record of not reinvesting sales. Rhodes, Armstrong, Wharton, Gestede etc.

Its not about positivity and negativity and you dont need to know more than what is in the public domain. History shows that it would be very unlikely. Granted the fees in dwarf those but equally they have been really relentless on the cutbacks in the last 12 months for other self inflicted issues. There is also questions regarding whether he is even available, whether he would come, whether we would outbid others if he was available and whether he plays in a position that is of critical need. So the widespread doubt is understandable and logical.

• Like 9

Just now, USABlue said:

So in our keeper search, who identifies our keeper targets.  Is it our keepr coach Benson?  If so I hope he is better at recuiting than he seems to be coaching.  Sadly I believe he needs replacing too.  Could be just me but looks like our keepers go backwards.  Kaminski being most obvious.  He did look to go downhill some, most.noticable.was a drop off in his distribution.  Was.giod when he came and got to be poor.

it will be Park, Gestede, Eustace and Owen who do

Being bored and trying to practice some basic web scraping, and having never seen a J League game before in my life but finding myself increasingly infatuated with Ohashi - see below some statistical stand outs...

Matheus Savio looks to be lethal on the wing and putting a ball in, doesnt qualify for a work permit but 27 (Soccer AM good age here)

Another to note is Yan Matheus available just in time for the end of the January window.  Looks rapid on youtube - could be the next Carlos Villanueva.

Best Dribble Success Dribble Attempts Shots On Target Key Passes Crosses
Matheus Savio 53 86 49 23 88 202
Yan Matheus 43 92 41 21 47 72

A striker option is 22 year old Marcelo Ryan.  6ft2, 22 years old and in and around the same goals scored record as Germain but 5 years younger and with 3 less pens.

Best Dribble Success Dribble Attempts Shots On Target
Marcelo Ryan 21 44 62 34

As an option to compete with Pickering, Hatsuse is a 6ft left back who seemingly throws a cross in at every opportunity and can take a free kick.  Like a Japanese Brittain with the headband too.   Free by the end of Jan..

Best Key Passes Crosses
Ryo Hatsuse 56 227
  • Like 5

Isn't it refreshing to have a centre forward who is willing to put his head in where it might hurt, in order to score? I know we haven't had much in the way of crosses and wing play for many years, but a bullet header from Yuki-San makes you salivate at the prospect of a striker who understands that his job is to score goals... Come on you Japanese Blues!

• Like 3