BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

5 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

All entitled to their opinion but the opinion is with unconscious bias towards rovers. It’s very simple to do some research to show how much 29 year olds go for 

and when you taken into consideration 

it’s been a one off (so far) 

never played higher level than championship

wanted to go to prem 

all those factors the fee was in and around the right amount 

Delap 20m? 🤣

Muric is shite

8 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

All entitled to their opinion but the opinion is with unconscious bias towards rovers. It’s very simple to do some research to show how much 29 year olds go for 

and when you taken into consideration 

it’s been a one off (so far) 

never played higher level than championship

wanted to go to prem 

all those factors the fee was in and around the right amount 

I think the point that is being missed is that he was worth more than that much to Rovers, or at least he should have been.

Unfortunately this is not a real football club anymore and just like with Adam Wharton they couldn't wait to get him out the door as soon as there was a hint of a few quid being waved about.

9 million for the guy who single handedly kept us in the division last year is a great deal for the buyer.

Edited by Upside Down

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Delap 20m? 🤣

Muric is shite

You must have missed the main part about age then yea? Help is 21 he’s 8 years on Sammie so effectively a better ceiling. Do I think he’s worth 20 no do I think Sammie is worth more than 9 yes I’m simply stating that age is a massive factor when it comes to transfer fees especially those who have never played in a top division before it’s crap I know but it’s true 

3 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I think the point that is being missed is that he was worth more than that much to Rovers, or at least he should have been.

Unfortunately this is not a real football club anymore and just like with Adam Wharton they couldn't wait to get him out the door as soon as there was a hint of a few quid being waved about.

9 million for the guy who single handedly kept us in the division last year is a great deal for the buyer.

He’s worth 100million to rovers does that mean that’s what we get?

id disagree with your second part of it was like that he would have been sold weeks ago we negotiated what was at the very least reasonable 

point is and always will be being 29 next month has took millions off his value and to add to that having never played in a top league before will have went against the price 

there was one team in for him because he’s a risk (one worth taking in my view) at his age with little experience 

• Like 1

It is pretty self explanatory. Delap is clearly not as good as Szmodics and we dont know if he ever will be. But he is far, far earlier in his development and he has become far better in the last year. There is much more of a chance that Delap could earn them a substantial amount in the future due to his age.

Szmodics is at his peak so even if he has a stormer and proves to be Premier League quality, aged 30 no one will be putting massive money.

Its not comparing like for like. They are paying what they are for Szmodics for the very immediate future. They are paying for Delap knowing that he has plenty of progression left in him. Comparing the price to a keeper is even more stupid.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It is pretty self explanatory. Delap is clearly not as good as Szmodics and we dont know if he ever will be. But he is far, far earlier in his development and he has become far better in the last year. There is much more of a chance that Delap could earn them a substantial amount in the future due to his age.

Szmodics is at his peak so even if he has a stormer and proves to be Premier League quality, aged 30 no one will be putting massive money.

Its not comparing like for like. They are paying what they are for Szmodics for the very immediate future. They are paying for Delap knowing that he has plenty of progression left in him. Comparing the price to a keeper is even more stupid.

I genuinely can’t understand how a lot of rovers fans cannot grasp this but yes spot on

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Honestly I think we were in a bind with Szmodics. His head had been turned at the potential to play in the PL (and the riches that come with it). Now I'm sure he'd have eventually buckled down and got on with it, but he's an emotional guy - he wouldn't have been happy.

For a well-run club (which we're obviously not), £10m (or £9m + add ons) for a 29 year old 5'7" AM who's had one sensational season in his entire career is incredible business. Especially considering what we paid for him.

• Like 3

I dont think that Liam Delap is worth the money paid, let me be clear. I think with that amount of money and a bit of creativity, you could spend it far more efficiently.

The point is that you simply cannot directly compare the price of a 21 year old striker to a 29 year old attacking midfielder. It cannot be used as a benchmark.

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

"So we took advantage of a financially distressed club and I'm here to sing our praises about it".

The modern game in a nutshell. 

financially distressed my ****,smoke and mirrors by a bunch of c***s and a ceo who likes looking after himself more than the club

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

financially distressed my ****,smoke and mirrors by a bunch of c***s and a ceo who likes looking after himself more than the club

Absolutely - it was sell Wharton or turn the lights off. The owners weren't fronting up the money - the very definition of financially distressed.

The CEO steals £300k a year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Just looking at gueye ohashi and Germain all very very good in the air. Whilst for me goalkeeper needs to be the main priority and some pace in the team (not all pacy wingers have good delivery) we need someone who excels in crossing/set pieces someone who is reliable with deliveries. Brittains cross yesterday was sublime and very brave from ohashi 

It’s funny how Markanday put in two cracking goal scoring corners yesterday for Chesterfield. Did he ever take them for us ?

Chaddy won’t see this as I’m one of the many many people who he has blocked for challenging his nonsense. 

The Delap thing is something he seems to have got hung up on. Delap is 8 years younger than Sammy, where was Sammy 8 years ago?? He was on loan at Braintree. It then took him until 5 years ago (so Delap would have three more years) to get a Championship move when he managed a massive 3 games for Bristol. 

Thats why Delap is going for decent money. He’s way ahead of where Sammy was at a similar age.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ricky said:

Chaddy won’t see this as I’m one of the many many people who he has blocked for challenging his nonsense. 

The Delap thing is something he seems to have got hung up on. Delap is 8 years younger than Sammy, where was Sammy 8 years ago?? He was on loan at Braintree. It then took him until 5 years ago (so Delap would have three more years) to get a Championship move when he managed a massive 3 games for Bristol. 

Thats why Delap is going for decent money. He’s way ahead of where Sammy was at a similar age.

Far easier to be ignorant when everyone is blocked. I'm on the list, too.

• Like 6

We surely need someone to better defend defensive set pieces! You saw what happend in the 3 games this season, we conceded two goals from Derby, one from Stockport and almost a few from Norwich. Also as someome mentioned we have the slowest defence in the league.

1. Tall DM a priority(so we can have one more good and tall player to defend set pieces) also good work rate is a must, reasonable quickness and pace would be very useful.

2. Better keeper than Pears, who isn't hugging goal line like AP

Look no further than Polish and maybe Czech and Slovak league as they are known to have good goalkeepers.

If you want a goalkeeper that is good with ball in his feet look at Dutch league(Droomel?!)

3. Spanish CM also needed as we all know that they are famous by their creativity, we can surley find someone in La liga 2, maybe someone from Portugese league

4. One or maybe two pacy wingers who are not affraid to attack a defender.

5. Left back with good work rate and quicker than Pickering

6. Quicker CB with a little versatility, someone like Hill from last season

Edited by zelenik

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well its felt like weeks lets be honest, you are very quick to blame for moving the goal posts but no one has reported this, but Ipswich knew the fee we wanted and given what they have spend on Delap who Szmodics out scored 4 to 1 last season and they spend 10m on Muric who is awful. They should have re sign Hladky instead. They have got a bargain for £10m for Szmodics. Kevin Gallacher on Saturday during his commentary on radio Lancs bemoaning the fee we recieved saying it should be much higher for the championship and FA cup top scorer 

Read the local media stuff in Ipswich!

As for what we got, a player is only worth what another team is prepared to pay.

Rovers could have held him to his contract could they not?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

As for what we got, a player is only worth what another team is prepared to pay.

@chaddyrovers "No other teams were after him and Blackburn could do with the money"...   What Parrish is reported as saying about Wharton.  Same for Sammie!?!?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well they didn't get a bargain when they overpaid for Muric, Delap and Hutchison did they? 

Also that's Former Rovers player Kevin Gallacher opinion.  

That's down to Ipswich.

As for Gallacher's opinion, why he works for Radio Lancashire rather than in employment as a DOF, manager or coach.

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

@chaddyrovers "No other teams were after him and Blackburn could do with the money"...   What Parrish is reported as saying about Wharton.  Same for Sammie!?!?

100% Club could hold out for the value they want. Then the risks come with it, Bad injuries or drop in form/ player doesn’t reach potential anticipated and the valuation drops. Then comes the bombardment of posts saying we should of taken the offer in previous window

Edited by Rover1984
  • Like 1

I've read a few times on here people mentioning how it's not worth taking a punt on a league 1 player who is in their late 20s and has had one good season. He's unproven in this league, surely if he was any good we would have seen it sooner etc etc is banded about. Not saying there's anything wrong with those comments. However now many feel SS should have gone for 15m+ based off one good season in the championship. 

Yes I think he'll do well, but we have to accept only one club was willing to take a punt on him and they had a price in mind.

1 hour ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Based on the year previous again do a little research it’s not hard to find 

Delap is shite. I have watched him since breaking through and he isn't good. 8 goals in 31 games for Hull and Ipswich paid 20m for that striker. The football world has gone mad, just like the fees being paid for young players in the PL and what clubs are paying for unproven talents and selling their best young players for PSR rules. Do a little research and listen to Villa Sporting Director interview on Talksport this week

53 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Couldn't give a shit what Ipswich local media stuff is saying. Ipswich knew the price and mess us around for weeks. Ipswich could have got it 2 weeks earlier. Bias for Ipswich side of the story. Nicko told us for weeks what the problem was, you didnt. Rovers held firm and rightly so we did

Edited by chaddyrovers