BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Former Rovers player with a valid opinion. 

The fact he’s a former rover is irrelevant. His ‘valid opinion’ is no more valid than any other Celtic supporter, let alone actual Rovers fans.

He is now a freelance pundit, paid only to generate attention for whomever pays him.

Same goes for all pundits.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Delap is shite. I have watched him since breaking through and he isn't good. 8 goals in 31 games for Hull and Ipswich paid 20m for that striker. The football world has gone mad, just like the fees being paid for young players in the PL and what clubs are paying for unproven talents and selling their best young players for PSR rules. Do a little research and listen to Villa Sporting Director interview on Talksport this week

Couldn't give a shit what Ipswich local media stuff is saying. Ipswich knew the price and mess us around for weeks. Ipswich could have got it 2 weeks earlier. Bias for Ipswich side of the story. Nicko told us for weeks what the problem was, you didnt. Rovers held firm and rightly so we did

I've not heard the interview with the Villa director but I noticed that a few young PL players moved around for really high fees. Chelsea always seemed to be involved one way or another, which just adds fuel to fire that it's to get around rules.

I'll look that interview up and have a listen.

11 minutes ago, Brfcrule1 said:

I think one thing we can all be clear on the board really need to bring in players with the money & support JE their can be no excuses for failure they have 2 weeks they need work hard to strengthen the squad and JE has said how many he needs 

Anyone getting flashbacks from the Lambert/JDT eras?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Polky said:

A long thread about Ryo Germain that includes some clips.

Gives a good insight into his play style and ability on and off the ball.

Wouldn't normally be that excited by a cheap market punt like this. But after signing two seemingly top notch players from nowhere in Geuye and Ohashi I am very intrigued if we can make it a hat trick?

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

"So we took advantage of a financially distressed club and I'm here to sing our praises about it".

The modern game in a nutshell. 

Well we do it as much as anybody else, and have done it for as long as football has existed too... Not sure we can blame Palace or indeed Ipswich at the moment for making the best offer for a player to a club whose owners & administrators have decided they need the money. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mercer said:

Read the local media stuff in Ipswich!

As for what we got, a player is only worth what another team is prepared to pay.

Rovers could have held him to his contract could they not?

Of course we could, but some fans make you believe, that Sammie would have thrown his toys out, and this was the last chance saloon at PL football. I still believe, that those reasons, should not be enough to force us into a sale, unless our valuation has been met. This was the same for Adam Wharton, or any other player under contract 

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Why, were you in goal ?

Indeed.... That's why I have a soft spot for Pears, as shit as he is, I do feel it's one of the toughest and roughest positions to play. Easily go from Hero to Zero within minutes. 

On Pears, I do think he is a capable number 2, but we do need a much more commanding goalkeeper as the 1. He just doesn't handle that area of his with authority, and I can't remember when I've seen him come out strongly to corners or set pieces, and just clear out anybody in his path 

Edited by Iceman

1 hour ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Few websites stating we are interested in Jay Stansfield, IF true would be thrilled with this one.

I'm sure we're interested.

Fulham have stated he isn't going anywhere though, and even if they changed there minds we wouldn't meet the fee.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Delap is shite. I have watched him since breaking through and he isn't good. 8 goals in 31 games for Hull and Ipswich paid 20m for that striker. The football world has gone mad, just like the fees being paid for young players in the PL and what clubs are paying for unproven talents and selling their best young players for PSR rules. Do a little research and listen to Villa Sporting Director interview on Talksport this week

Couldn't give a shit what Ipswich local media stuff is saying. Ipswich knew the price and mess us around for weeks. Ipswich could have got it 2 weeks earlier. Bias for Ipswich side of the story. Nicko told us for weeks what the problem was, you didnt. Rovers held firm and rightly so we did

I agree delay isn’t that good but I’m debating the points your making because you haven’t researched 

you said how has he progressed - it’s very simple the season before last he had less games less goals less assists - last season he played a lot more got more goals got more assists - it’s the definition of progression

and again if you can show me the value of unproven 29 year olds going for more than 12 million then il happily apologise 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Wouldn't normally be that excited by a cheap market punt like this. But after signing two seemingly top notch players from nowhere in Geuye and Ohashi I am very intrigued if we can make it a hat trick?

Hope im wrong, but we are due a poor signing anytime soon.

10 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

But once again, if you have a well organised scouting team who can consistently hit on free players, then why would you not allow them to spend a bit extra to get that extra quality.

Agree with that, that's exactly what should be happening. It may well be what happens with the Fulham player. 

The point I'm making is that signing a free or virtually free transfer, doesn't necessarily mean you're signing a lower quality player,it's often the opposite. It isn't justifying cost cutting by Venky’s, it's people doing their job properly. 

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chaddy, you are coming across as a sore loser.

I would suggest Ipswich didn’t mess us about but rather Rovers messed Ipswich about.

Ipswich opening offer of £6million did suggest to me there was an agreement (formal or otherwise) between Rovers and SS that he could leave for sub £10million to a PL which is where we have broadly ended up.

My understand is Ipswich agreed a deal with Rovers and then Rovers went back for more as has seemingly been reported at the Ipswich end hence a delay of 18 days (and not weeks).  As you are an avid MB user, you will have read the same allegations that I have about Waggott - allegedly he has form for trying to change the goal posts when deals have been agreed, notably with players.

The bottom line is Ipswich were the only show in time and a player's market value is only what a buyer is willing and able to pay.  

Edited by Mercer

16 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Chaddy, you are coming across as a sore loser.

I would suggest Ipswich didn’t mess us about but rather Rovers messed Ipswich about.

Ipswich opening offer of £6million did suggest to me there was an agreement (formal or otherwise) between Rovers and SS that he could leave for sub £10million which is where we have broadly ended up.

My understand is Ipswich agreed a deal with Rovers and then Rovers went back for more as has seemingly been reported at the Ipswich end hence a delay of 18 days (and not weeks).  As you are an avid MB user, you will have read the same allegations that I have for Waggott having form in this area and trying to change the goal posts when deals with players have been agreed.

The bottom line is Ipswich were the only show in time and a player's market value is only what a buyer is willing and able to pay.  

I refuse to think Blackburn as a club had agreed fee with Ipswich. I think it's more an agent or somebody else who said to Ipswich that Blackburn need money, could sell at a discount or something. 

Ipswich started low ballin and Blackburn refused to sell. Ipswich thought they could get a discount, but Blackburn stood firm. 

And Ipswich had to act and pay. That is my view on the transfer. 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Few websites stating we are interested in Jay Stansfield, IF true would be thrilled with this one.

I'm interested in Maya Jama now she's split from Stormzy, but I think that's got about as much likelihood.

• Like 5