BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I like Travis. I would want him around the squad/Team.

But the conundrum is that Tronstad is a level above as a Pivot midfielder. Travis may get around the pitch well and add real energy, however his ability to play those forward defence splitting passing/be a ball carrier is quite limited. Against weaker opposition I feel there will be better options to play in there alongside Tronstad.

I’m personally a massive fan of JRC in CM and think he compliments Tronstad really well. He’s also much better in there at RM where he struggles to get into the game. He provides the quality on the ball that Travis lacks and works well as the more forward thinking player of a dual pivot.  

ATM we have Buckley, Travis, Tronstad and JRC in there as options. We probably need another body as cover (PREM loan ideal) and we’re pretty set. If we sold Travis and brought in someone who is an upgrade (perhaps the Colombian lad from Bayer Levekusen) then it would probably be quite smart business - mainly due to the midfield balance it would give us.

I’m just not sure Travis and Tronstad are the best fit, unless we are doing a defensive job against superior opposition, which shouldn’t be too often. Then you have the issue of dropping Travis and the captain against weaker opposition which we know Travis doesn’t take well. 

If we brought in a good replacement then it could make sense all round.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, sabino said:

Trav ...5 million? No way anyone sees him worth half that. But it will mean more chance of being seen as a failure.

I don't think he's worth that, but the question was what price would you deem acceptable. It's late in the window, he's our captain and like it or not, a leader. Everyone has a price and for me, currently, 5m would be his.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

What would we (on the forum) consider an acceptable fee for Travis?

Ignoring the usual boring arguments of how much of it would be reinvested. Just what would we consider a fair price?

I think the fee for Travis may well be determined by the outcome of tomorrow's court proceedings in India.

Yep, we all want the best achievable price for our players but if Travis played for another club and we were after him, what would we as fans be happy to see Rovers pay?  There probably lies the answer and it's a lot less than some of the numbers quoted on here!

• Like 1

Every player has a price but we should not be selling Travis. He's not a world beater but we'll be significantly weaker without him - and the squad is thin enough as it is, and we all know the money won't be spent on a replacement

This all smells of cost cutting and another chance to offload a high earner. I wonder how Eustace feels, because I can't believe he wants Travis to go.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I like Travis. I would want him around the squad/Team.

But the conundrum is that Tronstad is a level above as a Pivot midfielder. Travis may get around the pitch well and add real energy, however his ability to play those forward defence splitting passing/be a ball carrier is quite limited. Against weaker opposition I feel there will be better options to play in there alongside Tronstad.

I’m personally a massive fan of JRC in CM and think he compliments Tronstad really well. He’s also much better in there at RM where he struggles to get into the game. He provides the quality on the ball that Travis lacks and works well as the more forward thinking player of a dual pivot.  

ATM we have Buckley, Travis, Tronstad and JRC in there as options. We probably need another body as cover (PREM loan ideal) and we’re pretty set. If we sold Travis and brought in someone who is an upgrade (perhaps the Colombian lad from Bayer Levekusen) then it would probably be quite smart business - mainly due to the midfield balance it would give us.

I’m just not sure Travis and Tronstad are the best fit, unless we are doing a defensive job against superior opposition, which shouldn’t be too often. Then you have the issue of dropping Travis and the captain against weaker opposition which we know Travis doesn’t take well. 

If we brought in a good replacement then it could make sense all round.

Spot on, especially the bit about him being inferior to Tronstad as a DM, and not being technically good enough as a No8.

JDT had him sussed quite early in that regard. 

However,  JE wants more options in CM anyway, so he’ll need at least 2 x CMs to be signed before the window shuts next Friday. How likely is that?

Edited by Forever Blue

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think the fee for Travis may well be determined by the outcome of tomorrow's court proceedings in India.

Yep, we all want the best achievable price for our players but if Travis played for another club and we were after him, what would we as fans be happy to see Rovers pay?  There probably lies the answer and it's a lot less than some of the numbers quoted on here!

I take your point but he plays for this club, and the current circumstances dictate - to me, at least - that his value is inflated. A sale for a couple of million give or take at this point would be a joke.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think Travis and Tronstad can compliment each other well. Whilst I appreciate that we could with a more technical alternative, Tronstad sitting back allows Travis to go box to box as he did against Derby.

You look great Tronny

No, you look great Travvy

*complement

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Theres absolutely no reason to sell Travis. Shouldnt be any pressure whatsoever for further sales, we are already short in midfield and Travis has been very good since returning.

As ever, it would be the owners fucking us over.

If the owners are trying to get some money back before they leave, there is.

20 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Read an article about Barry Douglas earlier and it mentioned him playing for Blackburn and I absolutely cannot remember him playing for us. Wiped the whole thing from my head 

30 games in 2020/21 when fans were not allowed to attend

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Hull confident of landing Travis according to this:

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hull-city-target-double-midfield-9492509

And after how Eustace has gone on about Travis and made him captain, I would think against his wishes.

A slippery slope........................

Seems like Rovers Insider correct, again!

With any normal situation, I wouldn’t be against us selling Travis. I think he needs to kick on, and his early season scintillating form isn’t going to fool the vast majority of us. He didn’t get a sniff when he went out to Ipswich and there’s a good reason for that…Sonny is miles better than him.

BUT, we are not a normal club and I don’t trust them to replace him properly which would massively destabilise us.

Argh…feels like this week, signings, sales and V’s court case will potentially pivotal to our history!? 🤦🏽‍♂️🤡🤞🏽🙏🏽💙

Travis was great against Derby and to coin a well worn cliche is " one of our own". If he is one of our higher earners then the similarities between him and Gallagher end there.

Must be in a minority of one but I still can't see what all the fuss about Tronstad is about. Very over-rated imo. In addition JRC has also started the season in dreadful fashion so a sale of Travis now would be an absolute disaster necessitating the addition of two decent central midfielders before the window closes.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. I wouldn't have thought with hindsight that  it was in dispute that loaning Travis out last season to save a few quid was a massive mistake that we only just got away with, yet here we are allegedly looking to compound the error!

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

24 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Read an article about Barry Douglas earlier and it mentioned him playing for Blackburn and I absolutely cannot remember him playing for us. Wiped the whole thing from my head 

Yep, on loan for a season. Nothing special.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Hull confident of landing Travis according to this:

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hull-city-target-double-midfield-9492509

And after how Eustace has gone on about Travis and made him captain, I would think against his wishes.

A slippery slope........................

Seems like Rovers Insider correct, again!

No way would I been selling Travis for any price. 

I don't think Eustace would have made him captain if we wanted to sell him

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Travis was great against Derby and to coin a well worn cliche is " one of our own". If he is one of our higher earners then the similarities between him and Gallagher end there.

Must be in a minority of one but I still can't see what all the fuss about Tronstad is about. Very over-rated imo. In addition JRC has also started the season in dreadful fashion so a sale of Travis now would be an absolute disaster necessitating the addition of two decent central midfielders before the window closes.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. I wouldn't have thought with hindsight that  it was in dispute that loaning Travis out last season to save a few quid was a massive mistake that we only just got away with, yet here we are allegedly looking to compound the error!

You lost me at Sonny being “overrated” - literally the best holding midfielder we’ve had since we dropped out of the PL. Arguably better than most we had in the PL for the last few seasons we were in there.

Completely agree it would necessitate us signing two good CM’s and I wouldn’t trust em to get those done either.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

Chaddy, you are coming across as a sore loser.

I would suggest Ipswich didn’t mess us about but rather Rovers messed Ipswich about.

Ipswich opening offer of £6million did suggest to me there was an agreement (formal or otherwise) between Rovers and SS that he could leave for sub £10million to a PL which is where we have broadly ended up.

My understand is Ipswich agreed a deal with Rovers and then Rovers went back for more as has seemingly been reported at the Ipswich end hence a delay of 18 days (and not weeks).  As you are an avid MB user, you will have read the same allegations that I have about Waggott - allegedly he has form for trying to change the goal posts when deals have been agreed, notably with players.

The bottom line is Ipswich were the only show in time and a player's market value is only what a buyer is willing and able to pay.  

sore loser? over what? I haven't lost anything? 

Always blaming Rovers. So if that your understanding why hasn't Alan Nixon or Elliott Jackson or SSN reported it? nothing got reported by any one of these people. 

Ipswich mess us around for days/weeks. Just like Luton did with Kaminski or Southampton with Armstrong 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, davulsukur said:

I've not heard the interview with the Villa director but I noticed that a few young PL players moved around for really high fees. Chelsea always seemed to be involved one way or another, which just adds fuel to fire that it's to get around rules.

I'll look that interview up and have a listen.

Monchi wasn't happy with the PSR rules at PL level

Monchi sends PSR demand to Premier League after Aston Villa forced into transfer action (msn.com)

Edited by chaddyrovers