BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

41 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Read an article about Barry Douglas earlier and it mentioned him playing for Blackburn and I absolutely cannot remember him playing for us. Wiped the whole thing from my head 

I had a similar experience when I spotted that Dominic Samual played for us last time we played Oxford at Ewood. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Eustace doesnt appear happy as it is. Selling Travis against his will might tip him over the edge.

Where have I seen this before? Could never be this club right? 

Edited by Iceman

20 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Travis was great against Derby and to coin a well worn cliche is " one of our own". If he is one of our higher earners then the similarities between him and Gallagher end there.

Must be in a minority of one but I still can't see what all the fuss about Tronstad is about. Very over-rated imo. In addition JRC has also started the season in dreadful fashion so a sale of Travis now would be an absolute disaster necessitating the addition of two decent central midfielders before the window closes.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. I wouldn't have thought with hindsight that  it was in dispute that loaning Travis out last season to save a few quid was a massive mistake that we only just got away with, yet here we are allegedly looking to compound the error!

You're definitely in the minority.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

People hating on Rovers Insider - they've been right on pretty much everything.

Thats not even remotely true! Just the same as Nathan jones just says 10 different things and people remember the 1 he gets right. Broken clock basically 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I had a similar experience when I spotted that Dominic Samual played for us last time we played Oxford at Ewood. 

I remember Samuel , mainly as he was dacks mate. Was hoping he would be a Poundland Marcus bent but he was more marceo rigters

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

You lost me at Sonny being “overrated” - literally the best holding midfielder we’ve had since we dropped out of the PL. Arguably better than most we had in the PL for the last few seasons we were in there.

I keep reading views along those lines, yet we only stayed up on the last day of the season.

Does not compute but each to their own, I recognise I'm in the minority on this, I just don't get him as a player.

And if he's that good, why aren't other teams racing to sign him up?

Edited by RevidgeBlue

The problem with Travis is he has these good spells off games, then looks leggy and gets drawn into stupid shithousery instead of playing ball. Been better these couple of games but watch him fall into his old ways. 

Also feel he could do more to take charge of games again. Both versus Derby and against Norwich we came out in the second half running around chasing the ball, but not able to do much with it once we won it back. I think he has quality but is far from irreplaceable. At the moment we don’t have many to fill his spot so would be crazy to sell. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, unleaded said:

The Germain deal taking a while to get over the line …. Back to not all agreeing crap ….Eustace needs to understand he applied for a coach job & not an old school manager type appointment ….

Hearing he wasn’t up to signing Ohashi too but now can’t keep smiling every time his name is mentioned ….. also wanted to keep Gallagher & wasn’t playing ball with the Gueye signing ….

Wants Demble over Germain … Personally don’t rate Dembele ..  goes missing half the season …Another Dolan …. Here’s hoping they go over his head again …. 

Hope this is the case with Ruddy and they bypass Eustace 

9 minutes ago, unleaded said:

The Germain deal taking a while to get over the line …. Back to not all agreeing crap ….Eustace needs to understand he applied for a coach job & not an old school manager type appointment ….

Hearing he wasn’t up to signing Ohashi too but now can’t keep smiling every time his name is mentioned ….. also wanted to keep Gallagher & wasn’t playing ball with the Gueye signing ….

Wants Demble over Germain … Personally don’t rate Dembele ..  goes missing half the season …Another Dolan …. Here’s hoping they go over his head again …. 

Really interesting. Thanks.

19 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Germain and Dembele seem like different players to me.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Il revert back to a post a wee while ago

jurys out on Eustace for me….

Not even on a footballing level, there’s something about him I just can’t warm too but I’ve no idea what it is.

Also, Troy Deeney called him a mate, negative one point immediately.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Anything on an actual professional standard GK and some wingers?

3 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Not even on a footballing level, there’s something about him I just can’t warm too but I’ve no idea what it is.

Also, Troy Deeney called him a mate, negative one point immediately.

Early days still for me to make a real judgement on him but if unleaded is correct and he’s digging his heels in against certain signings and aiming for ‘long ball’ team then I’d certainly be against that 

17 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Il revert back to a post a wee while ago

jurys out on Eustace for me….

Kept us up last season when we were in free-fall, 4 points from the first 2 games this year.

Passing every test with flying colours so far. Is it because he doesn't have JDT's cheeky chappy smile?

• Like 6
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Kept us up last season when we were in free-fall, 4 points from the first 2 games this year.

Passing every test with flying colours so far. Is it because he doesn't have JDT's cheeky chappy smile?

This is funny

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Nope still early days this season ( very happy with the start though)

without going into it again too much I’m not sold on the ‘kept us up’ narrative - technically we stayed up but I found a lot of poor results/performances were a result of him. But that was last year so it’s gone

jury still out in terms of judgement really I’d say around 15/20 games in this season be a half decent gage 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The criticism is silly based on the back of a bit of hearsay. 

6 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Early days still for me to make a real judgement on him but if unleaded is correct and he’s digging his heels in against certain signings and aiming for ‘long ball’ team then I’d certainly be against that 

Where’s the long ball stuff come from? It’s nothing like it. And if it was he would have been happy with Gueye, and not  against selling Gally who is not suited to long ball football.

9 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

The criticism is silly based on the back of a bit of hearsay. 

Where’s the long ball stuff come from? It’s nothing like it. And if it was he would have been happy with Gueye, and not  against selling Gally who is not suited to long ball football.

‘Long ball’ prob the wrong phrase so il take that back il rephrase to ‘boring’ ‘uninspiring’ team selection or players wanted - if true from unleaded Gallagher staying ruddy a likely target - ohashi gueye been breath of fresh air 

Dembele is more of the profile and type of player that we need, a quick winger. Just not the quality.

Its all based on speculation but I am not fond of the idea of Eustace just going for former players. 

One thing I am sure of is that we have no time for disagreements, we need players in ASAP. Time is running out and I also dont see how we can afford to lose Travis.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Tbh, I can completely understand why he wants his own men. People he’s worked with and can trust..It’s fine us saying he should remember he’s a coach and not a manager, but in the event that Ohashi and / or Gueye were “Telelovic” bad, and we’d lost the first two games, it would be Eustace’s neck on the block, not Rudy or John Parks.

It’s weird that it seems to be Dembele OR Germain as they don’t look like the play in the same position, or do the same job to me.

Either way, I’m not too concerned whether the player is the managers choice or Rudys so long as they get them right. So far, so good!

As for JE, as long as the signings continue to positively impact the team like the ones signed so far, he’ll be happy!