BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 hour ago, unleaded said:

The Germain deal taking a while to get over the line …. Back to not all agreeing crap ….Eustace needs to understand he applied for a coach job & not an old school manager type appointment ….

Hearing he wasn’t up to signing Ohashi too but now can’t keep smiling every time his name is mentioned ….. also wanted to keep Gallagher & wasn’t playing ball with the Gueye signing ….

Wants Demble over Germain … Personally don’t rate Dembele ..  goes missing half the season …Another Dolan …. Here’s hoping they go over his head again …. 

Gallagher played under four different managers while at Rovers, and was a preferred option by every single one. He's like catnip for them for some reason. 

Edited by Commondore
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Tbh, I can completely understand why he wants his own men. People he’s worked with and can trust..It’s fine us saying he should remember he’s a coach and not a manager, but in the event that Ohashi and / or Gueye were “Telelovic” bad, and we’d lost the first two games, it would be Eustace’s neck on the block, not Rudy or John Parks.

It’s weird that it seems to be Dembele OR Germain as they don’t look like the play in the same position, or do the same job to me.

Either way, I’m not too concerned whether the player is the managers choice or Rudys so long as they get them right. So far, so good!

As for JE, as long as the signings continue to positively impact the team like the ones signed so far, he’ll be happy!

They clearly don't play the same position and you've got to think Germain will be incredibly cheap (4 months left on his contract and coming from the J League).

It surely can't be either, or. Germain has to be a bonus. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Commondore said:

Gallagher played under four different managers while at Rovers, and was a preferred option by every single one. He's like catnip for them for some reason. 

They love a player who gets a calf injury for 4 months every season to lean on as an excuse if they lose?

• Like 1

Id say the way for us to have the required quality in midfield is to change our system to be more of a 433 with three in the middle. Fitting Tronstad, Buckley and JRC together would help us a lot. Means dropping number 10 from 4231 but I'd do that...

At the moment we're quite top heavy  pushing four up front. Change to 433 pulls a man back but should give us more dominance in the middle.

New GK

Brittain.     Carter.   Hyam.   Pickering 

JRC.   Tronstad.   Buckley

Dolan.    Gueye.    Hedges.

We definitely need to keep Travis for rotation and we need another technical play maker who can rotate with Buckley. Be good if they were left footed as well for balance.

That said I think Eustace is happy to not control the ball centrally and push more players up to press instead so I think he will stick with a 4231 with water carriers as DMs.

• Like 1

On 18/08/2024 at 03:27, Torgeir said:

His title is 'Blackburn dream of Stansfield swoop' so guessing it's one of the harder deals to do. Tom Cannon on loan from Leicester an option? Probably a very expensive loan option...

DREAM being the key word, pipe dream in fact   Looks pretty quality from the highlights.  Yeah we are never getting him.

1 hour ago, unleaded said:

The Germain deal taking a while to get over the line …. Back to not all agreeing crap ….Eustace needs to understand he applied for a coach job & not an old school manager type appointment ….

Hearing he wasn’t up to signing Ohashi too but now can’t keep smiling every time his name is mentioned ….. also wanted to keep Gallagher & wasn’t playing ball with the Gueye signing ….

Wants Demble over Germain … Personally don’t rate Dembele ..  goes missing half the season …Another Dolan …. Here’s hoping they go over his head again …. 

It doesn’t surprise me that Eustace didn’t want Ohashi. When asked about him after signing he confirmed he didn’t know much about him. He kept calling him the “J-League’s top goal scorer” during the Sky TV build up and post match interviews for the Derby match, which wasn’t true 😂

On 18/08/2024 at 04:13, Upside Down said:

For anyone believes that Rovers are going to pay 6m for a player, have I got the deal of a lifetime for you.

Magic beans for sale at the bargain price of just £450 each.

PM me if you're interested.

Would you do 2 for 800?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Kept us up last season when we were in free-fall, 4 points from the first 2 games this year.

Passing every test with flying colours so far. Is it because he doesn't have JDT's cheeky chappy smile?

He is however, undoubtedly, a worse manager than Tomasson. Surely you can’t disagree with that.

• Like 5
  • Downvote 4

On 18/08/2024 at 06:08, callumrovers said:

New WhatsApp - Ryo Germain is flying over tomorrow for a medical 👍

Long flight, plenty of time to try to reduce terms as he is in flight.  As with all incomings I don't believe it till I see confirmation from Rovers. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Id say the way for us to have the required quality in midfield is to change our system to be more of a 433 with three in the middle. Fitting Tronstad, Buckley and JRC together would help us a lot. Means dropping number 10 from 4231 but I'd do that...

At the moment we're quite top heavy  pushing four up front. Change to 433 pulls a man back but should give us more dominance in the middle.

New GK

Brittain.     Carter.   Hyam.   Pickering 

JRC.   Tronstad.   Buckley

Dolan.    Gueye.    Hedges.

We definitely need to keep Travis for rotation and we need another technical play maker who can rotate with Buckley. Be good if they were left footed as well for balance.

That said I think Eustace is happy to not control the ball centrally and push more players up to press instead so I think he will stick with a 4231 with water carriers as DMs.

Buckley can't get up and down the pitch enough to play as the runner in a midfield 3 and Dolan is wasted out wide (he essentially disapears). 

2 hours ago, unleaded said:

It's good to hear Eustace is trying to manage upwards and is putting demands on the purse holders and recruitment staff, JDT was no different.

He's showing he means business after last seasons yes man bedding in routine, the more headache he gives Waggot and the Shadow MD the better.

Chances of him seeing it out beyond January if they don't deliver ?

26 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

He is however, undoubtedly, a worse manager than Tomasson. Surely you can’t disagree with that.

I'm not so sure anymore.

As spectacular as the football eventually turned out to be under JDT and the impressive achievement of nearly getting us to the Playoffs with a squad assembled for the cost of two pieces of chewing gum and a Freddo, the end was equally as spectacular. We were hurtling towards relegation. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

He's just as blighted by the owners and dodgy decisions from the top. Difficult to judge.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

Depends how you look it. JDT had us finish 7th, but with a much better group of players and investment - Hyam, SS, Brittain etc. BUT then had us hurtling, 100% towards relegation with a depleted squad, which Eustace managed to galvanise and keep up. He’s lost MORE players, with minimal investment and yet, it seems is more likely to keep us in the championship than JDT was with a better group…?

So I’d say the jury is out on your statement!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Depends how you look it. JDT had us finish 7th, but with a much better group of players and investment - Hyam, SS, Brittain etc. BUT then had us hurtling, 100% towards relegation with a depleted squad, which Eustace managed to galvanise and keep up. He’s lost MORE players, with minimal investment and yet, it seems is more likely to keep us in the championship than JDT was with a better group…?

So I’d say the jury is out on your statement!

Let’s see if Sweden or Feyenoord come calling when Eustace leaves us 😉 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

Let’s see if Sweden or Feyenoord come calling when Eustace leaves us 😉 

I liked JDT and I think he’ll be a really good coach for those teams.

I think your comparison is a little off though, bearing in mind JDT’s profile as a player which absolutely does help - see the managerial chances Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard have had. 

FWIW - I wouldn’t be so quick to write JE off. He’s done pretty well under difficult circumstances at Birmingham and now, with us. He also seems well liked in the industry. Be interesting to see how he’d fair with a decent budget in that division. The type Scotty Parker, Chris Wilder and Co seem to get every season. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, unleaded said:

Firstly, thanks for sharing the info with everyone.

I was reading an article on the Athletic with Liverpool former head of data analysis Ian Graham during Rodgers and Klopp time there and the way Rodgers wanted certain players and he had to accept certain signings plus didn't embrace data analysis whilst Klopp did and trusted other people opinions on players like Michael Edwards, Barry Hunter and Dave Fallows  

Liverpool’s recruitment secrets – revealed by the man who helped shape it - The Athletic (nytimes.com)

This situation reminds of this. I can understand Eustace wanted players he has worked with before like Dembele, Stansfield and Ruddy but he has to trust Park, Gestede and Owen to bring in the right players. They have brought in Gueye and Yuki who looked very good signings so far. As they worked more together then the trusts built. I think we should be able to find a keeper who is good shot stopper, good communication skills, can command their area and organise a defence. 

2 hours ago, Rover1984 said:

Hope this is the case with Ruddy and they bypass Eustace 

Park, Gestede and Owen need to decide on a shortlist of 3 keepers then present them to Eustace and all decide on their 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice. 

We shouldn't be signing Ruddy for me. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I liked JDT and I think he’ll be a really good coach for those teams.

I think your comparison is a little off though, bearing in mind JDT’s profile as a player which absolutely does help - see the managerial chances Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard have had. 

FWIW - I wouldn’t be so quick to write JE off. He’s done pretty well under difficult circumstances at Birmingham and now, with us. He also seems well liked in the industry. Be interesting to see how he’d fair with a decent budget in that division. The type Scotty Parker, Chris Wilder and Co seem to get every season. 

All valid points, but if Venky’s said right, 30million to spend next window, who are you hiring, JDT or Eustace? And to be fair I’m not writing him off, he’s just a worse coach than JDT in my opinion. 

Edited by MB Rover
  • Like 3