BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

13 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

whats all the love for st lewis,he`s had one good game,come saturday 4.45pm you`ll all be slating him😃

He's fallible from time to time but you can't replace your experienced captain in the centre of midfield with a winger. That's fairly obvious, no?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

Flavien Boyomo at Valldolid. Spanish 2nd division centre back. Is one to watch, silly loan to buy deal potentially in the works. (We know how they work out) 

I believe counts as home grown as well as ex academy product. 

We may revisit this come Jan.

Where is this from?

26 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Starting centre back in la liga be a bit of a step down wouldn’t you say 

He’s not in La Liga, he’s in the Spanish 2nd division 

edit: he’s in la liga, I’m taking shite. As you were😉

Edited by Forever Blue

40 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

Flavien Boyomo at Valldolid. Spanish 2nd division centre back. Is one to watch, silly loan to buy deal potentially in the works. (We know how they work out) 

Didn’t he play for us as a kid? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I do appreciate they different types of forwards through (although I'm still trying to figure out what type of forward Gallagher was, other than pretty ineffectual in most areas)

Paying £5m for Gallagher may be the reason we don't pay £6m for Stansfield.

I'm not sure why Fulham would even allow him to go for £6m if he's some wonderkid.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, London blue said:

He's fallible from time to time but you can't replace your experienced captain in the centre of midfield with a winger. That's fairly obvious, no?

for the last time,poku is`nt a winger and it`s doubtful travis is getting sold,eustace seems to like him,can`t see hull meeting our price either,think travis is rated in the 3.5 million class or round that figure

4 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

What ever happened to the young wingers at Girona - that tore us a new one in the friendly last year? 

He looked fantastic, only young local lad who had come through ranks but no idea whether he played any part in their stellar 23/24 season.

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

for the last time,poku is`nt a winger and it`s doubtful travis is getting sold,eustace seems to like him,can`t see hull meeting our price either,think travis is rated in the 3.5 million class or round that figure

Every report and article suggests he's a winger.

https://www.theposh.com/news/2021/august/posh-swoop-for-exciting-winger

1 hour ago, TheKitGuy said:

Can we imagine Swag trying to negotiate with Valladolid owner, fat Ronaldo by saying my owners previously wanted to sign Ronaldinho 😂

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Il tell you right now what he isn’t - a holding midfielder. Forums are all for debate and opinions but I mean do some research man 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, M_B said:

I think you can add Haaland to that list, I could be wrong. It's because virtually all the power is with the player,unless under a long contract, meaning a lot of the time, free transfers are often the better players. 

Which is why, signing a "free" transfer often isn't anything of the sort,although you may well end up with a better player because the fact there's no fee, means he can ask for better terms for himself. 

If I were Travis and wanted to stay that's would I would do. I'd see my contract out and the ball would be in Rovers court.

"Either offer me a new contract or I leave for nothing to a club of my choice".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madon said:

I know it was only a friendly but that was one of the best performances I've ever seen by a winger at Ewood. He had us on toast every time he got the ball.

Looks like he suffered a bad injury but made his debut for high-flying Girona this spring. Probably very much in their plans, but the sort of talent that really excites the fans. I remember he tore us to bits.

6 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Id say the way for us to have the required quality in midfield is to change our system to be more of a 433 with three in the middle. Fitting Tronstad, Buckley and JRC together would help us a lot. Means dropping number 10 from 4231 but I'd do that...

At the moment we're quite top heavy  pushing four up front. Change to 433 pulls a man back but should give us more dominance in the middle.

New GK

Brittain.     Carter.   Hyam.   Pickering 

JRC.   Tronstad.   Buckley

Dolan.    Gueye.    Hedges.

We definitely need to keep Travis for rotation and we need another technical play maker who can rotate with Buckley. Be good if they were left footed as well for balance.

That said I think Eustace is happy to not control the ball centrally and push more players up to press instead so I think he will stick with a 4231 with water carriers as DMs.

W're relying on Buckley? Really?

And suppose Tronstad gets injured?

Selling Travis is just another weakening of the team for no good reason.

• Like 4

Enzo Boyomo, nice kid. Was shocked when he didn't sign up but fully understood his choice. 

He certainly always seemed to be the strongest pedigree in that (weak 2018) cohort - Sam Burns, Jalil Saadi, Isaac Whitehall, Dan Pike, James Connolly, Luke Brennan, Chanka Zimba, Jordan Eastham and Sam Durrant being the rest.

Whilst Saadi, Eastham and Whitehall are still somehow on the books, Burns has fallen to the Northern Premier league, Pike and Durrant are at Dundalk, Connolly (after a decent 2 years at Bristol Rovers) has just joined Crewe, Brennan has signed for AFC Flyde, and Zimba is (I think) without a club after being released from Cardiff after a spell at Maidenhead on loan.

Dreadful return all things considered. At least the year below have given us Garrett and Gilsenan.

* weak as far as career, they did have a mega run in the FA Youth Cup.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Screenshot_20240819-230446.png