BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

16 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

I didn't respond because what point are you trying to make. I don't know who I would have, Jerry Yates has struggled at Swansea and it is too early to know about Ohashi.

Would you rather have the 1 million pound player in Viktor Gyökeres (when Coventry bought him) or Ohashi? Would you rather have X player when Y was free?

The whole point is that no one knows 100% how a transfer will work out. But spending money, even if it is a million pounds or 500k, will on average get you a better player than a free transfer. 

Jamie Vardy was a million wasn't he?  You just never know.

11 hours ago, TheKitGuy said:

Flavien Boyomo at Valldolid. Spanish 2nd division centre back. Is one to watch, silly loan to buy deal potentially in the works. (We know how they work out) 

I believe counts as home grown as well as ex academy product. 

We may revisit this come Jan.

Absolutely no chance.

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

So just to clarify as of today.  4 days after selling our latest prize asset.  Around 40 million brought in over the last 12 months. Spent 1.5 mil spent tops.  No FFP issues. Smaller squad than last year's too small squad. Manager asking for players...and our main transfer link is our captain being sold.  

What's the project again?

To cap it off we may be considering paying a substantial fee for a player we had on our books for 4 years  but were to stingy to offer a decent contract for the sake of a few hundred quid.

Thank you Venkys. 

There’s no way we are paying anything for boyomo as there’s no chance he would leave la liga for championship 

2 minutes ago, roverblue said:

It is worryingly quiet on the transfer front in terms of links/rumours etc. Any normal club would have had a queue of deals and players waiting given the inevitability of Sammy leaving.

There, you’ve said it. Any normal club. 

That’s the problem. We are not a normal club.

6 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

There, you’ve said it. Any normal club. 

That’s the problem. We are not a normal club.

Though it comes under the "not a normal club heading" - they may be waiting to see the outcome of today's trial. At the end of the day some, if not all of the SS money may be swallowed up by running costs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Though it comes under the "not a normal club heading" - they may be waiting to see the outcome of today's trial. At the end of the day some, if not all of the SS money may be swallowed up by running costs.

I'm fairly sure someone has done some maths on this recently but I don't know where they are.

We're a relatively small championship club that, without the SS money has brought in at least £25m in transfer revenue in the past year. I don't buy that operating costs are still £20m p/a, especially after the multiple rounds of belt tightening we've seen. Operating costs is a wonderfully vague word for someone like Waggot to be able to wheel out. I'm by no means blaming anyone using the term cos we've all been conditioned by these pricks but it's really starting to get on my nerves.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

So just to clarify as of today.  4 days after selling our latest prize asset.  Around 40 million brought in over the last 12 months. Spent 1.5 mil spent tops.  No FFP issues. Smaller squad than last year's too small squad. Manager asking for players...and our main transfer link is our captain being sold.  

To cap it off we may be considering paying a substantial fee for a player we had on our books for 4 years  but were to stingy to offer a decent contract for the sake of a few hundred quid.

Thank you Venkys. 

That about sums Venkys tenure here, and still we have some fans fall for their BS 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Travis isn’t exceptional

The whole squad isn't exceptional!! The only exceptional player we've had recently is Adam Wharton.

We're a Championship team and Travis does a very reasonable job in it.

If we got £3M for him where would it go? On somebody better?

That's not our track record is it?

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Thank you Venkys. 

Well said.

31 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

We know what’s going to happen. No money, running costs are needed. 

More frustration sent our way.

• Like 1

The clubs plan is clearly to cash in on players when they believe they hold their maximum value. Results are secondary to this.

Someone believes Travis will never be worth more than he does this summer, given his age and the length of time remaining on his contract. this is why it’s seen as a priority to offload him this summer despite his clear value to the team.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

I think you’ve said that to every player we’ve been linked with 😉

And been correct with 95% of them!

I would say that's hardly a credible link though from Kitman on BRFCS.

Edited by MarkBRFC

11 hours ago, 47er said:

We're relying on Buckley? Really?

And suppose Tronstad gets injured?

Selling Travis is just another weakening of the team for no good reason.

I said keep Travis and get another midfielder also.. so my point was more to switch to a 433 to try and control the game more in midfield. 

I think Gueye is such a handful that we don't need to a midfield player up so far (as we are doing with Dolan at the moment) and surrender game in the middle.

28 minutes ago, FE123 said:

The clubs plan is clearly to cash in on players when they believe they hold their maximum value. Results are secondary to this.

Someone believes Travis will never be worth more than he does this summer, given his age and the length of time remaining on his contract. this is why it’s seen as a priority to offload him this summer despite his clear value to the team.

I think offering SS an improved contract, not selling Rothwell, allowing Breretons contract to run down somewhat contradicts this. Having said that - we are a club of contradictions 😉

• Like 1

Another GK option to come available

Dan Bentley at Wolves.

Wolves making a loan move for Ramsdale this week.

Bentley was always decent for Bristol City and knows this league. 

definitely take him over Ruddy. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, rover23 said:

Another GK option to come available

Dan Bentley at Wolves.

Wolves making a loan move for Ramsdale this week.

Bentley was always decent for Bristol City and knows this league. 

definitely take him over Ruddy. 

Premier league player = premier league wages. I'd personally forget that market all together. Champ, league 1 or small European clubs is our market. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I think offering SS an improved contract, not selling Rothwell, allowing Breretons contract to run down somewhat contradicts this. Having said that - we are a club of contradictions 😉

I think Lenihan, Rothwell, BBD, Nyambe, Dack is the reason they are now quick to sell- had opportunities to sell them all, failed to and as a result missed out on millions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neal said:

Premier league player = premier league wages. I'd personally forget that market all together. Champ, league 1 or small European clubs is our market. 

This is why I can see Tickle being an option for us. Small fee ( Wigan trying to flog everybody similar to us) young, highly thought of, cheap wages, high mark up in 12 months/2 years if he develops. England age group player.

11 minutes ago, FE123 said:

This is why I can see Tickle being an option for us. Small fee ( Wigan trying to flog everybody similar to us) young, highly thought of, cheap wages, high mark up in 12 months/2 years if he develops. England age group player.

Wigan still managed to get "an initial £3.5M + add ons" from Hull for Hughes.  so not sure quite how small any fee would be.  Plymouth also apparently interested after selling Cooper to Sheff Utd

https://the72.co.uk/2024/08/16/hull-city-fee-wigan-athletic-charlie-hughes/

HullLive journalist Baz Cooper has posted on X: “Yes, I’m told that’s correct (the fee). No doubt it will include add-ons etc, but the release clause was in the region of £3.5m. The delay has not been anything to do with the fee.”

Edited by KentExile

55 minutes ago, FE123 said:

That's the right policy as long as money is reinvested and good replacements are lined up to sign.

Still got to keep a good core of experience though to build around otherwise you start throwing stupid wages at one year contracts for old and i jury prone players, through desperation and contradicting the objective.

Never catch Waggot doing that though......

• Like 1