BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

28 minutes ago, rover23 said:

Another GK option to come available

Dan Bentley at Wolves.

Wolves making a loan move for Ramsdale this week.

Bentley was always decent for Bristol City and knows this league. 

definitely take him over Ruddy. 

Arsenal want him to go the other way as cover, had bids rejected a few weeks ago

a local hibs paper is crediting us with an interest in the 19 year-old copenhagen keeper, theo sander, this morning. 7 caps for denmark u19s.

could mean we're looking at a pears out situation; with ruddy/experience as a short-term first-choice and a young prospect coming in also to develop in the wings.

Edited by nbdrovers
clarity

Selling Travis would be as ridiculous as it was loaning him out last January. A solid committed first team championship player that was missed massively the end of last season.

It shouldn't even be a consideration unless we went out and bought 3 first class centre mids today.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, nbdrovers said:

a local hibs paper is crediting us with an interest in the 19 year-old copenhagen keeper, theo sander, this morning. 7 caps for denmark u19s.

could mean we're looking at a pears out situation; with ruddy/experience as a short-term first-choice and a young prospect coming in also to develop in the wings.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/blackburn-rovers-enter-race-copenhagen-theo-sander-hibernian/

Was first reported a month or so ago

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, nbdrovers said:

He was linked about 400 pages ago - on loan. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, FE123 said:

This is why I can see Tickle being an option for us. Small fee ( Wigan trying to flog everybody similar to us) young, highly thought of, cheap wages, high mark up in 12 months/2 years if he develops. England age group player.

What with our goalkeeping coaches .. Giv'or

He'l be shit within a few weeks!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Abu Kamara anyone? Just handed a transfer request at Norwich. Left footed right winger, 8 goals 10 assists for Pompey in League 1 last season. 21 years old, alternative to Poku?

Southampton, Hull City, Anderlecht and Celtic have all been touted as potential suitors during this close season.

Think that list of suitors would rule us out, but great young player

• Like 1

Wonder if they're keeping tabs on former Leeds goalie Kristoffer Klaesson. 

He left Leeds after this season for a Polish club, but seems to be in a conflict there which most likely ends with mutual termination of contract.

Preferably we would then also sign an experienced goalie as well, but at least he has a couple of clean sheets for Leeds.

21 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Abu Kamara anyone? Just handed a transfer request at Norwich. Left footed right winger, 8 goals 10 assists for Pompey in League 1 last season. 21 years old, alternative to Poku?

He wouldn't hand in a transfer request if there wasn't already a club ready to sign him, would he? It's just a formality, and another way to say "I don't care about my loyalty bonus, I just want to go away and play football."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

He wouldn't hand in a transfer request if there wasn't already a club ready to sign him, would he? It's just a formality, and another way to say "I don't care about my loyalty bonus, I just want to go away and play football."

If he's anything like me when I lived in Cambridge he's losing his mind at how flat and featureless the landscape is in East Anglia and he's desperate to escape. 

8 minutes ago, Iceman said:

We can't even find a 2nd choice PL goalkeeper, to come on loan to be a number 1? I'm surprised it's taking us this long to find a goalkeeper

Tbf most people of any profession won't accept being paid in buttons and IOUs so doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

But he’s not he is wrong 

How's our "friendly bet" going in view of the latest delay to the India court case?

I'd say the odds have swung in my favour don't you think? 

the money we have taken in past few windows should be able  to fund the Clun and if not venkys should pay the bond and allow us to function as a normal club tho it will not so we should be able to still spend given our highest paid players have been sold

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 47er said:

The whole squad isn't exceptional!! The only exceptional player we've had recently is Adam Wharton.

We're a Championship team and Travis does a very reasonable job in it.

If we got £3M for him where would it go? On somebody better?

That's not our track record is it?

Aye wait a minute, it was said in an obviously way, if your going to quote me then make sure you quote the whole lot because I said that we should keep travis.

out of context quote here 

Venky's waiting for their case now as I type.

Judgement day. Will probably tap into more cash if they are successful today, so A list will be on (Stansfield?). If not then it's the B list with Germain first in, followed by some low fee/frees and loanees from that are unproven/bigger gambles than others.

14 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Travis isn’t exceptional and I have been critical of him in the past but I would keep him just now, we don’t need any more outgoings just incomings thanks

47er how have you got that we should sell travis for 3 mill from this? Think it clearly states that he isn’t amazing but he is useful to our team at this time.