BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 minute ago, Torgeir said:

Venky's waiting for their case now as I type.

Judgement day. Will probably tap into more cash if they are successful today, so A list will be on (Stansfield?). If not then it's the B list with Germain first in, followed by some low fee/frees and loanees from that are unproven/bigger gambles than others.

Court case has been delayed till November apparently.

13 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Aye wait a minute, it was said in an obviously way, if your going to quote me then make sure you quote the whole lot because I said that we should keep travis.

out of context quote here 

Fair enough I wasn't having a go at you. i was just saying that none or our players now are exceptional.

Its not an excuse for tham to sell them though.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Court case has been delayed till November apparently.

Indian legal matters are notorious for dragging on! This could last years.

With dire consequences for us if they don't sell.

You would think Venksters would have known of a possible delay and that’s why we’ve not touched the Wharton/Raya/Szmodics money.

Everything spent so far has been covered by Gally/Wahlstedt/Telalovic. 

So the latest court delay (if true) may not affect the transfer plans in this window. 

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The court case doesnt change much in this window. Anyone expecting a potential late spree off the back of the case going in Venkys favour were deluding themselves.

At most, we was always going to spend a slither of the £40m received. At a push.

Of course it does. It means we have to hold back on the spending.

The big question is: Do Venky's really mind? They don't lose face/honour because it's not their fault, and they have stopped the drain of funds that is Blackburn Rovers for over a year and 'legitametely' telling the club to cut costs and generate its own revenue.

This is really bad.

• Like 2

Think Nixon's Stansfield link was always bullsh1t and perhaps a cynical attempt to assuage Rovers' fans - sadly, some bought it!

Goodness know where we go from here in the transfer market.  Who would rule out the sale of both Carter and Travis now?

Desperate times and we may well now be stuck with Pears as our number 1.

It really is frightening and Eustace, if he stays, faces an enormous challenge, again, to keep us in this league.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think Nixon's Stansfield link was always bullsh1t and an attempt to assuage Rovers' fans - sadly, some bought it!

Goodness know where we go from here in the transfer market.  Who would rule out the sale of both Carter and Travis now?

It really is frightening and Eustace, if he stays, faces an enormous challenge, again, to keep us in this league.

Or nothing will change. The player sales already made will cover losses for at least another year, dependant of course on how the payments are structured. 

If the owners can’t/won’t send funds then a tipping point will eventually be reached, but it won’t be until the £30m+ received in transfer fees has run out.

Edited by Forever Blue

52 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Of course it does. It means we have to hold back on the spending.

The big question is: Do Venky's really mind? They don't lose face/honour because it's not their fault, and they have stopped the drain of funds that is Blackburn Rovers for over a year and 'legitametely' telling the club to cut costs and generate its own revenue.

This is really bad.

But that only changes things if they were going to invest in the first place if they could. Which they still can, but wont. We have raked in so much in fees that any investment would be reinvestment of fees in, and even beyond that, they can invest and put an equal amount in the bond.

Talk of a late bumper kitty dependant on the court case (a week and a half before the window closes) was total delusion.

Who is next out of the door??

Ive no issue with the aggressive selling, IF aggressive(ambitious??)purchases are brought in. Sort of "freshening up the squad". Brighton anyone?? 

I know this is ONLY the Championship but we have an excessively threadbare squad! With the best will in the world, you would think Eustace is going to do his nut & walk if this continues.

• Like 1

Not that we had much of. Budget anyway this window but I can imagine it’s changed after todays outcome, can’t see us risking anymore spending. This Germain chap has gone all quiet, can’t see that  happening now and imagine the last few signings being cheap loans.

38 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think Nixon's Stansfield link was always bullsh1t and perhaps a cynical attempt to assuage Rovers' fans - sadly, some bought it!

Chadster being one of them 😄

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Valconite said:

And it begins. Who could have possibly seen this coming 🙄

image.jpeg.b6a1a33596ec46772645ce46ab359a6d.jpeg

I suppose it depends how much they are asking for a guy with 6 months left on his contract who is 29. 

The ‘full amount’ might be a stupid amount. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Valconite said:

And it begins. Who could have possibly seen this coming 🙄

image.jpeg.b6a1a33596ec46772645ce46ab359a6d.jpeg

They’re negotiating a deal. For all we know they could be asking for an unreasonable amount for a 29 year old who’s never played outside of Japan. Additionally, something else could’ve popped up. I’m sure unleaded posted that the manager preferred Dembele, so they might have gone for that option. Time will tell, no need for overreaction imo. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JonJonTheDon said:

They’re negotiating a deal. For all we know they could be asking for an unreasonable amount for a 29 year old who’s never played outside of Japan. Additionally, something else could’ve popped up. I’m sure unleaded posted that the manager preferred Dembele, so they might have gone for that option. Time will tell, no need for overreaction imo. 

True, how anyone could possibly overact after the past 14 years of this glorious ownership I will never know.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

True, how anyone could possibly overact after the past 14 years of this glorious ownership I will never know.

The owners are shite, that’s a fact we all know. My point was that we don’t know whether they’re going to sign him or not. Negotiations are still ongoing as it says in the tweet mon.

1 hour ago, JonJonTheDon said:

God loves an optimist !