BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

As predicted Nixon is coming out with all sorts.

Saying Germaine deal is set up but want to work through the players Eustace wants first before "pushing the button".

Eustace wants Ruddy, Dembele, Baker and Stansfield.

Back up options to Ruddy are Rushworth and Iverson.

Nixon has put a story up saying disagreements over signings .

According to Nixon Eustace wants Ruddy, Dembele, Stansfield and Baker.

The hold up in the Japanese guy deal is the club are working their way through Eustace list

Apart from Stansfield who we won't get I'd take a pass on the other 3.Baker maybe but not at the money Stoke want 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

Since last summer...

Phillips - £2m
Kaminski - £2.5m
Ennis - £0.5m
A. Wharton - £18m
Raya - £5m
Wahlstedt - £1m
Gallagher - £1.6m
Szmodics - £10m
Telalovic - £0.2m (?)
Gent - £0.2m (?)

About £41m in players sales there, give or take.

This summer, we've spent at a push about £1.6m on the likes of Gueye, Ohashi, Doherty and Mafoumbi... and now they're dragging their feet over what is likely a miniscule fee for Ryo Germaine.

Any other Club, with income like that, would reinvest at least £15m of it without question. We're using it to pay the bills, because our corrupt piece of shit owners can't (or won't).

They're a joke of the absolute highest order, get the fuck out of our Club.

Yep and split over a few years coming in instalments most of that lot will be earmarked for running costs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Saying Germaine deal is set up but want to work through the players Eustace wants first before "pushing the button".

Aye but which button to push? 

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon has put a story up saying disagreements over signings .

According to Nixon Eustace wants Ruddy, Dembele, Stansfield and Baker.

The hold up in the Japanese guy deal is the club are working their way through Eustace list

Apart from Stansfield who we won't get I'd take a pass on the other 3.Baker maybe but not at the money Stoke want 

Has he heard about the court hearing yet?

10 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I’ll be honest, I quite like Eustace and he is one of the very few things that still gives me a bit of hope ! However, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if he walked away, unless backed. Having said all that, how can anyone fancy a 40 year old stop gap keeper over Iversen 🙈

• Like 3

Unleaded broke this yesterday 

I don’t think it’s a matter of paying for germain it’s that Eustace wants dembele instead 

he wants ruddy as no 1 

he wants Stansfield - can’t imagine that would be feasible 

he has always wanted baker 

il reiterate jury’s out - the ruddy one is really baffling 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Great so sign Germain, and get Eustace his men too. Apart from Stansfield we aren't signing players on megabucks.

As we saw from last season, we'll get injuries, we've need a bigger squad for years.

5 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I’ll be honest, I quite like Eustace and he is one of the very few things that still gives me a bit of hope ! However, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if he walked away, unless backed. Having said all that, how can anyone fancy a 40 year old stop gap keeper over Iversen 🙈

Could get both with our player sales, and get rid of Pears and Hilton.

1 minute ago, booth said:

Great so sign Germain, and get Eustace his men too. Apart from Stansfield we aren't signing players on megabucks.

As we saw from last season, we'll get injuries, we've need a bigger squad for years.

Dembele will be on more money than any of our players.

We do need a bigger squad but for me Ruddy and Dembele would be poor signings and Baker at £2 million + a decent wage wouldn't be a great signing either 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Dembele will be on more money than any of our players.

We do need a bigger squad but for me Ruddy and Dembele would be poor signings and Baker at £2 million + a decent wage wouldn't be a great signing either 

I'd prefer Poku over Dembele myself.

Not ideal I know but I'd prefer Ruddy over a season of Pears too. Terrifying that we could be stuck with Pears till January.

Edited by booth
  • Like 3

There are question marks over Dembele and his work rate but he ticks a lot of boxes which we lack.

If it’s between him or Germain then I’d would go for Dembele. Quicker, younger and more an out n out winger…Also very good chnace we get our money back if he fluffs it.

Poku sounds a good option but seeing as there’s no concrete links to him, he’s not a target. 

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2

I was against Dembele a few seasons ago because I didn't think he'd score enough goals and we needed goals at that time. But now we've seemingly got a goalscorer in Yuki, and a target man in Big Mak, I'd be interested to see Dembele.

I remember him being fast and had a knack of making defenders lose their bodily functions whenever I saw him play. No idea what he's become now. He could be a good player to keep defenders busy so our strikers have more freedom.

Whoever we get, we need players in asap.

• Like 1

Whether the owners can't or won't fund the club, it amounts to the same thing; we're several players short.

Despite the positive start, I still stand by my pre-season prediction that based on Szmodics staying we'd be in a relegation battle, but without him, we're nailed on for the drop.

Unless Waggott et al sign at least 4 Championship calibre players in the next few days, we're screwed. The squad simply isn't deep enough, nor has it sufficient quality.  Before too long, injuries and suspensions will start to tell.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

Dembele is a more talented player than Germain so I can understand that preference. Big question marks over his attitude and work rate though. 

Stansfield is not happening. We all know that.

I don't see the connection between Dembele and Germain, surely different kinds of player . I would have thought it was more a question of Germain and Stansfield?

And if it's a case of Germain on a permanent for little money or Stansfield on loan (which is what Nixon is now suggesting),  I'd go for Germain all day long. J League top scorer this season

• Like 1