BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

42 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon has put a story up saying disagreements over signings .

According to Nixon Eustace wants Ruddy, Dembele, Stansfield and Baker.

The hold up in the Japanese guy deal is the club are working their way through Eustace list

Apart from Stansfield who we won't get I'd take a pass on the other 3.Baker maybe but not at the money Stoke want 

I like the one-way traffic we have ongoing towards Stoke at the moment. If they think Baker is past it, then we should trust their judgement. 😂

5 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I like the one-way traffic we have ongoing towards Stoke at the moment. If they think Baker is past it, then we should trust their judgement. 😂

Think it’s a case of the manager not fussed on him which is strange considering he got the winner and their only league goal so far and an assist and probably their best player in the cup 

age and injuries are a concern but there’s def talent in the player 

Feels like a bit of a power struggle and its not something we can afford so close to the deadline.

Very much against Eustace's desire to re-create his old Birmingham side and also our squad could go from being too young to too old in one window.

The Stansfield for big money suggestion was never going to happen and sounds based on what @Tugayisgod is suggesting that Nixon has backed down from talk of a multi million pound deal and is reporting that he would be a loan. As a permanent even though he isnt in a position where we need to strengthen, at least he would give us a younger asset of which weve been stripped. Good player but any loan would be expensive and we would face big competition.

Ruddy obviously a big no, would be a terrible and unacceptable signing especially considering superior alternatives.

Dembele would be a really uninspiring addition as touched on.

Baker has question marks, his injury record and the price previously reported is too much. He also again is an older player. But he is a decent player at this level who would provide a goal threat and an ability from set pieces.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Completely off topic but given there’s not alot going on… I still cannot believe some were happy to see the back of Raya. Unbelievable.

Tbf although I personally was never glad to see the back of him you've still got to remember that he was still far from the finished article whilst with us at that point, although obviously his potential was clearly there to see.. 

2 hours ago, rovers11 said:

Dembele is a more talented player than Germain so I can understand that preference. Big question marks over his attitude and work rate though. 

Stansfield is not happening. We all know that.

If Eustace can handle Dembele the right way we do have a great player. But I think we would need Germain, Poku, Stanfield too as it will be a long hard season. But a new goalie is a must and that should be Iversen.

3 hours ago, JonJonTheDon said:

They’re negotiating a deal. For all we know they could be asking for an unreasonable amount for a 29 year old who’s never played outside of Japan. Additionally, something else could’ve popped up. I’m sure unleaded posted that the manager preferred Dembele, so they might have gone for that option. Time will tell, no need for overreaction imo. 

Or we can sign him on a free on a pre contract agreement and he joins in January?

I'm also very much against the manager signing "familiar faces" approach. It too many drawbacks:

1. You are limiting yourself to a very small pool of players. Not likely a good a use of limited cash. The selling club will also be very aware and push for max profit. A lot of opportunity cost in it as well.

2. The other is that any change of manager will cause massive issues as the those players are likely to be loyal to the previous manager, and another squad revamp with the new manager's players.

Any progressive club like your Brighton and Brentford will have a proper recruitment plan with long-term scouting both and attributes/personality/culture-fit. They will determine what the squad needs together with the manager and then let the recruitment team bring in the most suited candidate. 

The manager/head coach position should be similar. Already tracking candidates that fits the profile of what the club has determined as philosophy in regards to style, squad, academy etc. 

This is the case of most clubs in Europe. The all-ruling manager approach is now an English thing to some degree.

• Like 1

If Nixon is correct about Eustace having his heart set on Ruddy then we could be in for a wait till deadline day on that one, they will probably only let  him out if they sign Trafford or another keeper.So that means Pears in goal for Burnley 

We need a longer term option, I mean I'd rather have Ruddy than Pears in goal  just kicking the can down the road it would have to be addressed again in the summer 

Eustace should have a say of course but say we did bring in Ruddy ,Dembele, Baker(sell Travis ) and loaned in Stansfield(I don't think we will) but If we did that would be quite expensive, fees for Dembele and Baker,  loan fee for Stansfield and Ruddy, Baker and Dembele will be on better wages than our top earner. Ruddy would be finished as a number 1 next season and Stansfield would be gone back.

Surely better could be found for that sort of outlay