BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

It's now Tuesday evening - we last played on Saturday. Does anyone have any confidence that we'll sign a player before we play again?

I certainly don't. That'll be four games with Pears in goal - absolute suicide. 

If it is true that our transfers are being held up because Eustace is interfering and insisting on signing crap like Ruddy and Dembele etc. then that is shocking. Gestede, Park and Owen better put their foot down and remind him his role is to coach players that they bring in. So far they have done what appear to be decent signings with what limited resources they have been given so trust them. Let them get on with it.

If needed, lock him up in the broom closet until the end of the transfer window.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Nah.

Raya though..........

Raya had a massive mistake in him every game when he was at Rovers.

I don't watch him enough to know if he's eliminated that from his game, but I assume he has for the money he's been sold for.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Feels like a bit of a power struggle and its not something we can afford so close to the deadline.

Very much against Eustace's desire to re-create his old Birmingham side and also our squad could go from being too young to too old in one window.

The Stansfield for big money suggestion was never going to happen and sounds based on what @Tugayisgod is suggesting that Nixon has backed down from talk of a multi million pound deal and is reporting that he would be a loan. As a permanent even though he isnt in a position where we need to strengthen, at least he would give us a younger asset of which weve been stripped. Good player but any loan would be expensive and we would face big competition.

Ruddy obviously a big no, would be a terrible and unacceptable signing especially considering superior alternatives.

Dembele would be a really uninspiring addition as touched on.

Baker has question marks, his injury record and the price previously reported is too much. He also again is an older player. But he is a decent player at this level who would provide a goal threat and an ability from set pieces.

Stansfield would be a massive upgrade over Sigurdsson and Dolan as the #10 - but obviously we're not paying £6m for him. 

Don't know why there's such negativity towards Ruddy to be honest, if anyone should know his capabilities/limitations it's Eustace. If he wants Ruddy, then Ruddy it is, Eustace will live or die by his decision. 

On a side note, Victor Johansson was a much desired potential signing for us. If anyone has seen his "performance" for Stoke at Watford, they might be thinking we've dodged a bullet there. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't watch him enough to know if he's eliminated that from his game, but I assume he has for the money he's been sold for.

I didn't rate him, however he wasn't overly bad with mistakes, it was his woeful distribution which infuriated me, which, ironically, is one of the main reasons arsenal signed him. He's probably the smallest keeper in the Premier league, another reason I wasn't sure on him. However he has improved dramatically since being at bretfrord, maybe the goal keeping coach is that much better pal 

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Valconite said:

If it is true that our transfers are being held up because Eustace is interfering and insisting on signing crap like Ruddy and Dembele etc. then that is shocking.

It won't be anything to do with Eustace. 

This is just another deflection exercise like we had with the rogue secretary and AWOL CEO on deadline day.

Transfers are being held up because of Venkys. Always have been always will be. 

The request for permission is probably sat at the bottom of a tray on a desk somewhere in India waiting for one of them to get around to thinking about whether to grant it or not.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He did, and so did Steele and Walton. All of them looked awful at times for us, yet all of them find themselves Premier League keepers whilst we flap about keeping our heads above water in the Championship. The same coaching staff throughout that entire time on our end - makes you think.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If Nixon is correct about Eustace having his heart set on Ruddy then we could be in for a wait till deadline day on that one, they will probably only let  him out if they sign Trafford or another keeper.So that means Pears in goal for Burnley 

We need a longer term option, I mean I'd rather have Ruddy than Pears in goal  just kicking the can down the road it would have to be addressed again in the summer 

Eustace should have a say of course but say we did bring in Ruddy ,Dembele, Baker(sell Travis ) and loaned in Stansfield(I don't think we will) but If we did that would be quite expensive, fees for Dembele and Baker,  loan fee for Stansfield and Ruddy, Baker and Dembele will be on better wages than our top earner. Ruddy would be finished as a number 1 next season and Stansfield would be gone back.

Surely better could be found for that sort of outlay 

Will Dembele be on highest earner at the club level wages factoring in a relegation drop?

Also I dont get why Newcastle would have to sign someone to let him go. He was a bizarre signing to begin with. He is 5th choice.

You are right though. Big outlay for a very short term focused recruitment haul. And Eustace keeps going on about building a football club etc, yet his choices of players seemingly spit in the face of that.

27 minutes ago, M_B said:

Don't know why there's such negativity towards Ruddy to be honest, if anyone should know his capabilities/limitations it's Eustace. If he wants Ruddy, then Ruddy it is, Eustace will live or die by his decision. 

On a side note, Victor Johansson was a much desired potential signing for us. If anyone has seen his "performance" for Stoke at Watford, they might be thinking we've dodged a bullet there. 

He will live or die by any decision. But he managed him for a brief opening of a season in which he showed to be on the decline physically, is now a year older, was released (in agreement with fans) by a side he played a part in the relegation of.

The reason that people are against him is because of his age and because he has actively declined in quality especially over the last year. Your counter argument is merely that Eustace has managed him before.

And Johansson has been a top quality keeper at this level for years. Basing his ability on the highlights of one game would be stupid. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It won't be anything to do with Eustace. 

This is just another deflection exercise like we had with the rogue secretary and AWOL CEO on deadline day.

Transfers are being held up because of Venkys. Always have been always will be. 

The request for permission is probably sat at the bottom of a tray on a desk somewhere in India waiting for one of them to get around to thinking about whether to grant it or not.

Yeh, seems fishy…Why agree terms with a player to then say hang on, lets just check through this list of players first before we make any decision.

Think they should compromise .. Ruddy No Dembele yes , Travis stays and we make a token Gesture of a Loan bid for Stansfield that is knocked back and we sign Germain and Scott Hogan at 11.55pm transfer deadline day 

I really don't get the Ruddy pursuit at all. Not just from a football POV, but from Ruddy's POV he's made a choice to go to a Premiership team knowing that he:

a) won't play so no stress or pressure
b) will get paid a ton of money
c) likely doesn't have to travel for matches as not included in the game day squad so gets to spend weekends with his family

He made that decision less than 2 months ago. Why would he be interested in going to a lower mid table Championship squad where he will be expected to play most weeks for less than half the money?

Raya was clearly a cut above this club I thought the same of Nzonzi and stilll can’t believe how either was doubted here, Raya has become world class, the first rovers since probably arguably Duff, Friedel to reach that level! 

Edited by pick32

1 hour ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Completely off topic but given there’s not alot going on… I still cannot believe some were happy to see the back of Raya. Unbelievable.

Same when we let N’Zonzi go for peanuts, Cairney too. It’s baffling at times.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

If Nixon is correct about Eustace having his heart set on Ruddy then we could be in for a wait till deadline day on that one, they will probably only let  him out if they sign Trafford or another keeper.So that means Pears in goal for Burnley 

We need a longer term option, I mean I'd rather have Ruddy than Pears in goal  just kicking the can down the road it would have to be addressed again in the summer 

Eustace should have a say of course but say we did bring in Ruddy ,Dembele, Baker(sell Travis ) and loaned in Stansfield(I don't think we will) but If we did that would be quite expensive, fees for Dembele and Baker,  loan fee for Stansfield and Ruddy, Baker and Dembele will be on better wages than our top earner. Ruddy would be finished as a number 1 next season and Stansfield would be gone back.

Surely better could be found for that sort of outlay 

From Eustace's comments, it's seems as if he was talking to McFadzean all summer as well, so guessing he pushed for that one too. For that reason I wouldn't rule out John Fleck signing on a deadline day deal until Christmas either. Ruddy is a big mehhhh for me, he's old and a bit heavy/slow and not good with the ball at his feet, but still better than Pears and someone our other GK's can learn from. We don't need a GK for the longer term right now, we need a better goalkeeper than Pears right now.

Dembele was really good against us last season and if JE can get the best out of him, than I trust his judgement. But he'll be a lot more expensive than Germain and we might have to shuffle our target list as we're obviously on a pretty tight budget (again). Clock is ticking...

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

What young keeper, any keeper for that matter, doesn’t?

2 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

The noises seem to be that the court case today won't impact new players coming in but we shall see. Good news if true.

We've heard that 100 times at this point and yet there always seems to be a hitch when it comes to getting things over the line. Since Tony left there hasn't been even a hint at building a team properly. Times running out to prove me wrong this window.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

The noises seem to be that the court case today won't impact new players coming in but we shall see. Good news if true.

They were not coming either way?