BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

29 minutes ago, paullarrygher said:

I really don't get the Ruddy pursuit at all. Not just from a football POV, but from Ruddy's POV he's made a choice to go to a Premiership team knowing that he:

a) won't play so no stress or pressure
b) will get paid a ton of money
c) likely doesn't have to travel for matches as not included in the game day squad so gets to spend weekends with his family

He made that decision less than 2 months ago. Why would he be interested in going to a lower mid table Championship squad where he will be expected to play most weeks for less than half the money?

Because it wouldn't be for less than half the money if we loaned him. And obviously he wouldn't come permanently unless we compensated the wages (which we wouldn't). So he would get just as much money, and get to play for one of his final seasons. Unless he's a right lazy git that should appeal.

Where the loan we are allegedly interested in attempting makes no sense whatsoever is from Newcastle's perspective. They signed him to be their backup keeper, why immediately send him out on loan, especially one which they'd have to subsidise? It's odd in the extreme that this is still being discussed here, and even odder if it's still seriously being discussed by ourselves and Newcastle.

52 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Will Dembele be on highest earner at the club level wages factoring in a relegation drop?

Also I dont get why Newcastle would have to sign someone to let him go. He was a bizarre signing to begin with. He is 5th choice.

You are right though. Big outlay for a very short term focused recruitment haul. And Eustace keeps going on about building a football club etc, yet his choices of players seemingly spit in the face of that.

He will live or die by any decision. But he managed him for a brief opening of a season in which he showed to be on the decline physically, is now a year older, was released (in agreement with fans) by a side he played a part in the relegation of.

The reason that people are against him is because of his age and because he has actively declined in quality especially over the last year. Your counter argument is merely that Eustace has managed him before.

And Johansson has been a top quality keeper at this level for years. Basing his ability on the highlights of one game would be stupid. 

My counter argument is obviously that Eustace has managed him before. What other argument would I use, or do I need? 

Edited by M_B

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Because it wouldn't be for less than half the money if we loaned him. And obviously he wouldn't come permanently unless we compensated the wages (which we wouldn't). So he would get just as much money, and get to play for one of his final seasons. Unless he's a right lazy git that should appeal.

Where the loan we are allegedly interested in attempting makes no sense whatsoever is from Newcastle's perspective. They signed him to be their backup keeper, why immediately send him out on loan, especially one which they'd have to subsidise? It's odd in the extreme that this is still being discussed here, and even odder if it's still seriously being discussed by ourselves and Newcastle.

Nixon said Newcastle haven't given an answer to  the loan request (not saying nixon is 100% right on this like just the info I'm going off)

Maybe they have had encouragement in buying Trafford  now and needed Ruddy previously to fill their English quota but if Trafford goes there they don't need Ruddy for that 

I really hope this one doesn't happen.

• Like 1

Eustace isn't trying to get his old Birmingham squad back together, But Eustace wants a couple of players who he has worked with. He wants Ruddy cos he knows him and what he can offer and trust him. Ruddy isn't my choice but I can understand his reasons why he wants. My choice would be Daniel Iversen. 

On Dembele, It someone who He knows and signed last summer for his old club. He has the attributes we want for a wide player we need but whether he is the right fit I don't know enough on his form there. 

On Stansfield, Its a no brainer for me, He is quality player and even if it just a loan for 12 months I would deffo take it. 

On Baker, I wouldn't be paying £2.5 mil for someone with 12 months left on his deal or willing to part with Travis as part of any deal or sell him to fund this move. 

Also we need a left back signing before the window shuts. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, M_B said:

My counter argument is obviously that Eustace has managed him before. What other argument would I use, or do I need? 

Outfield player so slightly different but he was younger ,Mowbray had Mulgrew under him gave him a new deal on decent money it wasn't long after that he was rarely in the starting 11 and we couldn't shift him due to the money he Is on.

Eustace had little input over the Ohashi and Gueye signings .What was the point in bringing in Park,Owen etc if we are just gonna sign the managers old players.Birmingham got relegated last season.

Eustace having him as a player previously isn't a good enough reason not to have major doubts over signing him

41 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Raya was clearly a cut above this club I thought the same of Nzonzi and stilll can’t believe how either was doubted here, Raya has become world class, the first rovers since probably arguably Duff, Friedel to reach that level! 

A cut above Blackburn Rovers? Good lord.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

haven't they got enough English players to fill quota given their amount of English players already in the squad

No idea mate just trying to come up with a logical reason why Newcastle would take Ruddy on a free and then loan him out

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Outfield player so slightly different but he was younger ,Mowbray had Mulgrew under him gave him a new deal on decent money it wasn't long after that he was rarely in the starting 11 and we couldn't shift him due to the money he Is on.

Eustace had little input over the Ohashi and Gueye signings .What was the point in bringing in Park,Owen etc if we are just gonna sign the managers old players.Birmingham got relegated last season.

Eustace having him as a player previously isn't a good enough reason not to have major doubts over signing him

You're looking at it the wrong way round, if Eustace had any doubts about him at all at Birmingham, why would he possibly go out on a limb to sign him for Rovers? 

• Like 1

Just now, Forever Blue said:

Cheers. Are we actively pursuing them? 

Can’t  imagine we’ll be spending the money needed to get Stansfield.

Nixon saying those are who eustace wants but there is disagreements.Holding up the deal for the guy from Japan while we go through Eustace list,unleaded posted similar on here yesterday and he is usually spot on with his info

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

You're looking at it the wrong way round, if Eustace had any doubts about him at all at Birmingham, why would he possibly go out on a limb to sign him for Rovers? 

But eustace wasnt there the majority of the season.I mean I didn't watch many full matches of brums but from highlights etc Ruddy looked gone to me...and they got relegated and the fans of Birmingham are happy he was replaced 

Eustace not having doubts about Ruddy would be a worry for me....it doesn't make me confident Ruddy is the right Target because I don't believe he is 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, M_B said:

Maybe an opinion of your own? 

Unless you have ultimate faith in him in terms of transfers? In which case, why?

Eustace hasnt worked with him for a year. He is very old and his performances have declined rapidly and he was let go by a team who went down. Perhaps his opinion is out of date.

6 hours ago, JonJonTheDon said:

The owners are shite, that’s a fact we all know. My point was that we don’t know whether they’re going to sign him or not. Negotiations are still ongoing as it says in the tweet mon.

But you'd agree that we've been down this road before? And the outcome is usually (nearly always) negative?

No reason to be optimistic is there?

5 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

As predicted Nixon is coming out with all sorts.

Saying Germaine deal is set up but want to work through the players Eustace wants first before "pushing the button".

Eustace wants Ruddy, Dembele, Baker and Stansfield.

Back up options to Ruddy are Rushworth and Iverson.

Is Baker better than Travis? Its obvious he's meant to be the replacement.

41 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon said Newcastle haven't given an answer to  the loan request (not saying nixon is 100% right on this like just the info I'm going off)

Maybe they have had encouragement in buying Trafford  now and needed Ruddy previously to fill their English quota but if Trafford goes there they don't need Ruddy for that 

I really hope this one doesn't happen.

Maybe they haven't replied because they assume the inquiry is a joke!

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

Is Baker better than Travis? Its obvious he's meant to be the replacement.

from what iv`e seen they are pretty much the same,ability wise,baker probably won`t get himself booked as often as travis but travis is more flexible,he can play right back very easily,not sure why we are considering it tbh,if you are going to offload travis get someone who is better,pretty sure baker is`nt that much ahead of him

• Like 1

Ruddy is done, he’s gone up there for a nice little earner and fair play to him, he’s had a good career and can contribute to what’s happening at Newcastle with one eye on his next move after his playing career.

But he’s done as a first-choice or backup goalkeeper. He looked tired in the two matches against Rovers last season and a handful of others I caught through the season.

Signing him and paying decent wages for the privilege is counter-intuitive. Pears is old enough to not need a wisened keeper backing him up with advice. We’re long past the “polishing up” phase with Pears. He’ll probably be suited to League One and there’s no shame in that, but he needs replacing.

If Ruddy’s being eyed up as a replacement for Ben Benson - well, that’s another matter entirely.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

What’s with all the Ben Benson hate? Is he shafting everyone’s wife? 🤔

He's shafting my enjoyment of Blackburn Rovers, if that helps? Clearly a terrible coach, but a symptom of a wider problem.

• Like 2