BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I thought Eustace was part of the transfer committee along with Waggott and Park? Surely he should have a major say in who we sign as he’s in charge of the team.

At least it puts to bed the ‘yes man’ nonsense that was dreamt up by some. 

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I thought Eustace was part of the transfer committee along with Waggott and Park? Surely he should have a major say in who we sign as he’s in charge of the team.

At least it puts to bed the ‘yes man’ nonsense that was dreamt up by some. 

All transfers are run by the head coach, at least that was the model under JDT and the staffing now isn't too dissimilar.

Why would Eustace say no to another Japanese player after watching Ohashi's impact first hand? Baffling.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

What’s with all the Ben Benson hate? Is he shafting everyone’s wife? 🤔

He just doesn't give most people, the impression of being any good at his job.

• Like 2

He should have a say, 100%. But if his idea is to just sign old Birmingham players and fill the team with too many over the hill players, that is a huge concern.

He keeps talking about building a team, yet would rather loan a pensioner goalkeeper over signing one of the alternatives.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

All transfers are run by the head coach, at least that was the model under JDT and the staffing now isn't too dissimilar.

Why would Eustace say no to another Japanese player after watching Ohashi's impact first hand? Baffling.

Just because Ohashi has started well doesnt necessarily mean that other Japanese players would.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I’d imagine most people don’t have a clue if he’s any good at his job. 

I remember Kaminski speaking highly of him though. 

From the time Benson has been at the Rovers, our keepers have been on average, pretty poor. That may be coincidence, but I doubt it.

45 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Maybe an opinion of your own? 

Unless you have ultimate faith in him in terms of transfers? In which case, why?

Eustace hasnt worked with him for a year. He is very old and his performances have declined rapidly and he was let go by a team who went down. Perhaps his opinion is out of date.

My opinion is that if, and we don't know if it's true, but if Eustace wants a former player, then his knowledge of said player would be many times more than yours or mine. Different if he was lumping on someone he hadn't worked with before. 

As I said the other day, I'm not against signing an experienced keeper at this point. If that's Eustace's opinion, then signing someone he knows and trusts short term would seem logical. 

18 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Feel waggot needs to put his leadership foot down & tell Eustace that signing old pals/ players from previous club is not acceptable… Mcfadz is more then enough …

If the manager doesn’t work you are stuck with his old mates… just doesn’t work … Look at Mowbray & Pears … 

what’s the point of a Recruitment department then …

Parks / Gestede need confidence building not degrading …..Germain deal was meant to be done 2 weeks ago but Eustace just wants his way …. He’s riding the wave of a good start to the season but Waggot needs to lead and back the new recruitment set up which he created ….. 

Waggott? Leadership? 😂😂😂

He was more than happy with Mowbray's old pals act for years, he'll be doing no such thing as putting his foot down. It will be Park and Gestede disputing the targets with Eustace, if the story is true, and down to them to put their feet down.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

But eustace wasnt there the majority of the season.I mean I didn't watch many full matches of brums but from highlights etc Ruddy looked gone to me...and they got relegated and the fans of Birmingham are happy he was replaced 

Eustace not having doubts about Ruddy would be a worry for me....it doesn't make me confident Ruddy is the right Target because I don't believe he is 

He may well not be a target anyway. 

If there is a standoff between Rudy/Park and Eustace, then honestly I would say Rudy/Park win all day long for two major reasons.. 

1.  If it is believed re the Gueye and Ohashi transfers that Eustace was against them then for me this is a clear indicator that R/P can pick a bargain. Early days I know but honestly don't remember such an encouraging start in recent years!?

2.  The model everywhere now is coach, coaches the team and the Dof/HoR set the structure up long term. As others have mentioned putting all eggs in any manager basket screws us long term.

Eustace should say I need a player who can do xy with this mindset and then they should go find him one that fits.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

No idea mate just trying to come up with a logical reason why Newcastle would take Ruddy on a free and then loan him out

They have loads of English players in their squad. They got 5 keepers in the first team squad. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Eustace isnt trying to get the old relegated Birmingham team together. Just half of it.

Now is a great time for transfer disagreements. Its not as if we have 10 days until the window closes and need 5 or 6 players.

It's 3 players. So you saying that you wouldn't want Jay Stansfield signing here? 

34 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Feel waggot needs to put his leadership foot down & tell Eustace that signing old pals/ players from previous club is not acceptable… Mcfadz is more then enough …

If the manager doesn’t work you are stuck with his old mates… just doesn’t work … Look at Mowbray & Pears … 

Parks / Gestede need confidence building not degrading …..Germain deal was meant to be done 2 weeks ago but Eustace just wants his way …. He’s riding the wave of a good start to the season but Waggot needs to lead and back the new recruitment set up which he created ….. 

I don't mind Dembele coming or Stansfield. 

Iversen should be the one we should be signing here. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

They have loads of English players in their squad. They got 5 keepers in the first team squad. 

It's 3 players. So you saying that you wouldn't want Jay Stansfield signing here? 

I don't mind Dembele coming or Stansfield. 

Iversen should be the one we should be signing here. 

So why did they sign Ruddy then?

And why would they loan him out

Edited by islander200

5 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

If there is a standoff between Rudy/Park and Eustace, then honestly I would say Rudy/Park win all day long for two major reasons.. 

1.  If it is believed re the Gueye and Ohashi transfers that Eustace was against them then for me this is a clear indicator that R/P can pick a bargain. Early days I know but honestly don't remember such an encouraging start in recent years!?

2.  The model everywhere now is coach, coaches the team and the Dof/HoR set the structure up long term. As others have mentioned putting all eggs in any manager basket screws us long term.

Eustace should say I need a player who can do xy with this mindset and then they should go find him one that fits.

I don't think it's that black and white. 

If you've a head coach who has knowledge within the game,and they all have, it would be detrimental if not mental to completely disregard his input. 

There is obviously going to be crossover at certain points. The knack would be for both parties to have trust in each other, although you would expect the recruitment team to have the major share. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, unleaded said:

The odd set up won't help he's a Head Coach but no  DoF to work under there fore he's trying to operate like a manager.

53 minutes ago, unleaded said:

I'd love to know who your source is. This sounds like water cooler griping from the recruitment team. "Bloody manager, wants a say in who we sign. Who does he think he is?"

• Like 1

I wonder if Hull signing Puerta will be as an alternative to Travis.

If we got Baker, it would have to be at considerably less than £2.5m to represent any value. But options of Baker, Tronstad, Travis, Buckley and at times JRC would leave us well stocked.

Saying that, Seri is going to Saudi Arabia and Hull's new midfielder is facing a lengthy ban so perhaps not.

Edited by roversfan99

Watching those 3v3s on the Youtube channel it was very competitive but one thing is obvious, the keepers are much good.

Save nothing that isn't straight at them at the perfect height.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

So why did they sign Ruddy then?

And why would they loan him out

Not a question I can answer tbh. 

Newcastle United have Pope, Gillespie, Vlachodimos(signed from Forest this summer), Ruddy and Dubravka

suppsupposedly Vlachodimos is available for loan. Would we be interest I wonder? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 hours ago, unleaded said:

It’s a tough one though. The manager is integral to the recruitment process and ultimately, if Rovers lose 5 on the spin, who will the fans be calling to leave? It won’t be the recruitment team, that’s for sure!

As long as we’re happy that this is an either, or situation then I’m confident it will all work itself out. I’d suggest it’s a pretty normal scenario when you’re looking at say 15x players across 5 positions and working out which you want most, which are likely to drop and how you distribute the budget. Add in the ESB thing, personal opinion and a ticking clock heading towards a deadline in just over a week. It’s complex.

Just make sure you press fuckin SEND lads! 

• Like 1

Fwiw - when I saw Ohashi and Gueye footage prior to them coming in, I could see what they were in terms of their potential role in the team. This was based on playing style, their physical attributes etc. I watched them both live in the Stockport friendly and called that both would be more effective in terms of attacking output than Gally.

I don’t get Ryo Germain. His video reels and lack of assists don’t suggest he’s a winger. He’s neither big and quick, or small and skilful. His track record doesn’t stack up…feels much more like a squad filler, akin to a Telelovic type decision. He’s probably the one JE wants least because of that?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mercer said:

Think Nixon's Stansfield link was always bullsh1t and perhaps a cynical attempt to assuage Rovers' fans - sadly, some bought it!.

Merc I think some of us who were posting back when Venkies trapped knew that.  File it with his other gems, 50m warchest.and we got a wee gem with Kean.  He seems to have done a bit better, makes me wonder how.  

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Fwiw - when I saw Ohashi and Gueye footage prior to them coming in, I could see what they were in terms of their potential role in the team. This was based on playing style, their physical attributes etc. I watched them both live in the Stockport friendly and called that both would be more effective in terms of attacking output than Gally.

I don’t get Ryo Germain. His video reels and lack of assists don’t suggest he’s a winger. He’s neither big and quick, or small and skilful. His track record doesn’t stack up…feels much more like a squad filler, akin to a Telelovic type decision. He’s probably the one JE wants least because of that?

Going off his reels Ryo’s a CF who looks fairly quick, good with his head, and with a good left foot. Think he’s just shy of 6 foot.

If he’s being signed as an alternative to a LW by the recruitment team, it’s not hard to see why JE would be a bit miffed. Ryo does not fit the bill of fast tricky winger that JE said he likes in his team. Dembele would appear closer to that description.

Edited by Forever Blue