BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Not overly bothered about JE wanting players he's worked with before, it's just that SOME of them aren't particularly appealing.

Added to that, it makes more sense signing familiar faces if you're just wanting to steady the ship initially at a club, but it would be nice to show a little ambition and TRY and progress a bit which JE should now be doing.

Above all else just get a frigging keeper in NOW, sleepwalking into the dingles game with Pears as #1 makes me not want to watch it. They'll be all too aware he's he can be got at, their fans will be cranking the pressure up on him with abuse and its really not a game for a keeper low on confidence. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
8 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

A cut above Blackburn Rovers? Good lord.

He is tbf. His and Wharton’s bring in the squads for the most recent Euro final is testament to that.

I think Eustace has made it clear what he wants from any new signings now- ready made players from this league.

Ruddy, Stansfield, Dembele, are all seasoned championship players. Right now we have two weeks left of the window and at the very least the Sammie money needs to be spent. However the likelihood is we will spend a million and get three loans in 😞

Saw some arguments about whether we sold SS on the cheap earlier in the board.

Does anyone know what is the record transfer for a 28/ 29 years old who has never played in the top flight?

Edited by RoversSG

39 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Right now we have two weeks left of the window 

I don't want to alarm you further but we don't. It's a week and 2 days now. Given our previous deadline day escapades I wouldn't fancy much happening on the Friday either so practically a week. 

7 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I don't want to alarm you further but we don't. It's a week and 2 days now. Given our previous deadline day escapades I wouldn't fancy much happening on the Friday either so practically a week. 

To be honest I am actually really looking forward to who they blame this time.

My guess is Chaddy's optimism proves they don't need any more players, Raos adjust the budget after reading his posts.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, imy9 said:

I think Eustace has made it clear what he wants from any new signings now- ready made players from this league.

Ruddy, Stansfield, Dembele, are all seasoned championship players. Right now we have two weeks left of the window and at the very least the Sammie money needs to be spent. However the likelihood is we will spend a million and get three loans in 😞

Yes but this doesn’t fit the model of backhanders and agents making money from overseas players/cuts so it won’t happen at rovers. Not the Kentaro way of which we’ve learnt to do things by  😂😂😄

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Sheesh, I’m holding onto the positive that our recruitment team seems knowledgeable and that our secretary knows how to hit send on the paperwork!

9 minutes ago, Ricceh said:

To be honest I am actually really looking forward to who they blame this time.

My guess is Chaddy's optimism proves they don't need any more players, Raos adjust the budget after reading his posts.

For an outsider looking in, or absent owners in this case, our start to the season probably suggests we're quite well equipped. Certainly the goals scored column looks OK, Swag could easily sell that to them.

To us fans, and obviously the manager, there's a clear need for players in certain positions but if we do that it affects the figures and Swags bonus - he ain't gonna be pushing for new additions. 

My guess is we'll see 2 new faces, at least 1 will be a loan. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

For an outsider looking in, or absent owners in this case, our start to the season probably suggests we're quite well equipped. Certainly the goals scored column looks OK, Swag could easily sell that to them.

To us fans, and obviously the manager, there's a clear need for players in certain positions but if we do that it affects the figures and Swags bonus - he ain't gonna be pushing for new additions. 

My guess is we'll see 2 new faces, at least 1 will be a loan. 

Waggott is running a ship on low fuel and conserving it as much as he can. Keep it steady and don't burn out until the next asset i sold. It's easy to point fingers but look at some of the other clubs that have passed us how well run they are; Ipswich, Brighton and Brentford are three that spring to mind. Look at Ipswich's broadcasts compared to ours with a studio and interviews and how full of energy their home ground was/is. Shouldn't be impossible for us either. I quite like some of the things Rovers publish on X and YouTube, but we probably don't have the budget or staff for it.

Brighton and Brentford have become experts in recruiment and developing players. It's easy to say we want to emulate that, but saying that and wanting that are two different things - we have to reinvest a proper portion of the transfer fees we receive when selling players, and we have to be taken seriously in the market again. There are rumours that some agents hate or don't want to deal with us any longer, and I'm sure that goes for some of the top clubs as well. We're Jekyll & Hyde in that sense and too unpredictable by constantly moving the goal posts.

8 hours ago, unleaded said:

Feel waggot needs to put his leadership foot down & tell Eustace that signing old pals/ players from previous club is not acceptable…

Waggot needs to lead and back the new recruitment set up which he created ….

Waggott should be nowhere near the football club after the events of the last few years

He certainly shouldn't be determining which transfers are acceptable and which aren't

What on earth qualifies him to decide that? 

• Like 9

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-looking-repeat-transfer-29774243

Iling-Junior could be a great pick up on loan for whoever gets him.  Fast young, left footed wide player. 

I would assume that Villa would ideally want to send him to a higher level than the Championship, and the wages/loan fees would probably rule Rovers out, but if the aim is to get him as much game time as possible....

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Waggott should be nowhere near the football club after the events of the last few years

He certainly shouldn't be determining which transfers are acceptable and which aren't

What on earth qualifies him to decide that? 

Don't think unleaded was saying that Waggott would decide - but the recruitment team should (though I would argue that should be a collaborative approach with the manager).

Having said that Waggott always has an influence due to the financial implications of any transfer.

If we can get Dembele on a cheap I would like that signing. 

potential bargain and JE is the best to know if his attitude is correct or not. He was a brilliant player for Brum first months under JE.

Could be very shrewd business.  

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

If there is a standoff between Rudy/Park and Eustace, then honestly I would say Rudy/Park win all day long for two major reasons.. 

1.  If it is believed re the Gueye and Ohashi transfers that Eustace was against them then for me this is a clear indicator that R/P can pick a bargain. Early days I know but honestly don't remember such an encouraging start in recent years!?

2.  The model everywhere now is coach, coaches the team and the Dof/HoR set the structure up long term. As others have mentioned putting all eggs in any manager basket screws us long term.

Eustace should say I need a player who can do xy with this mindset and then they should go find him one that fits.

I reference to point 1

last year identical start

the year before we won our first 4 games 3 league and cup

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alexanders said:

If we can get Dembele on a cheap I would like that signing. 

potential bargain and JE is the best to know if his attitude is correct or not. He was a brilliant player for Brum first months under JE.

Could be very shrewd business.  

He fits the bill of what we want, which is pace…Ideally I’d have him and Germain but guessing we’re only getting one attacker.

Very good chance that if Dembele doesn’t work we would get our money back. 

1 hour ago, RoversSG said:

Saw some arguments about whether we sold SS on the cheap earlier in the board.

Does anyone know what is the record transfer for a 28/ 29 years old who has never played in the top flight?

It’s around 12million using the same profile as szmodics one breakout season age and no top flight experience 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, superniko said:

Wouldn’t touch Dembele with a barge pole. Bang average and stinking attitude. 

We need players that can instantly go into the starting 11. Not squad fillers.

Agreed there must be some atttitude problems but ability wise he 100% gets in our starting 11.

• Like 2

The whole Eustace vs the recruitment team is one massive smokescreen, don't fall for it.

Either nothing is happening, or there are deals lined up and venkys won't sign them off.

We have been here before, many times.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 4

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Agreed there must be some atttitude problems but ability wise he 100% gets in our starting 11.

Maybe right now given how far we’ve dropped, but I can’t help but feel there’s better options out there (we haven’t a single loan in yet for example - what happened to the days of Elliott, Harwood-Bellis, Tosin, Reed etc. )

He's 27 now, only had 2 seasons in the Championship, which were hardly extraordinary, and sulking around at Birmingham now. If we spend money on him and he’s rubbish, his next move is L1 or abroad and we make a loss on what will no doubt be a high waged player.

• Like 1