BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Just now, FE123 said:

Had they lined up Germain deal pre selling Szmodics? Now there’s a bit of a budget they are shopping round for probably younger options ?

Surely there is a clear transfer strategy for each position, options lined up depending on price for each now? Somebody has to step up and make a decision or we risk the window closing with half a squad and money in the bank.

That's what they want you to believe.

• Like 1

Probably an unpopular opinion, since he's meant to be a little wanker who inhales balloons or something - but i'd love us to go for Brandon Williams.

Top player on his day, better than Pickering.

I know he's previously been on high wages, but he's earning zilch at the moment! Worth an ask.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

It's amazing that given the centre backs above and the 20 goals a year we've found out of any one we can that we've never come close to playoffs 

Why is that? 

Because a certain bunch of Indians always puts a spanner in the works and sabotages things to make it impossible.

3 hours ago, Ricceh said:

To be honest I am actually really looking forward to who they blame this time.

My guess is Chaddy's optimism proves they don't need any more players, Raos adjust the budget after reading his posts.

I want 4/5 more signings before the window ends. A keeper, left back, centre midfield, pacey winger and Stansfield(if possible)

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Or the deal as fallen through and he's trying to save face.

exactly or we moved on to other targets now

1 minute ago, Iceman said:

When does the transfer window close? 31st or 1st Sept? 

30th August

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I want 4/5 more signings before the window ends. A keeper, left back, centre midfield, pacey winger and Stansfield(if possible)

Got a feeling you might be disappointed. 

• Like 6

If we had proper ambitious owners, we'd sign the following players before the window shuts;

Daniel Iversen (£1.6m)
Brandon Williams (Free)
Yasin Ayari (Loan)
Siriki Dembele (£1.2m)
Franco Umeh-Chibueze (Loan)
Jay Stansfield (£6m)

If only eh? The Szmodics sale alone would cover all of that.

I dare say, we'd easily make the top-half with signings like that... with play-offs becoming a genuine possibility.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 2

Yeah Brandon Williams would be a class signing. Whether he has the best attitude or not, as long as it's not negative on the team then we aren't really in a position to let that be too big of a factor. He is young, English and could potentially be sold further down the line for big money. He'd still be at United if he didn't sign such a big deal that they were never going to offer him this time. Id assume a club in a lot better position than is will end up signing him but if not we should be all over it.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

It's amazing that given the centre backs above and the 20 goals a year we've found out of any one we can that we've never come close to playoffs 

and we managed it twice in the years before Jack when we had no money at all!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Yeah Brandon Williams would be a class signing. Whether he has the best attitude or not, as long as it's not negative on the team then we aren't really in a position to let that be too big of a factor. He is young, English and could potentially be sold further down the line for big money. He'd still be at United if he didn't sign such a big deal that they were never going to offer him this time. Id assume a club in a lot better position than is will end up signing him but if not we should be all over it.

Ticks a lot of boxes though doesn't he

No transfer fee

Can play and cover both right and left back.

Is quick

From the north west

Experience at a higher level

Good age and could be sold for reasonable value in a future fire sale

Only issue here will be wages. 

Same with iverson too, it makes sense on paper but we will be hesitant to pay those wages at this stage of the window. We will be looking for cheaper alternatives first.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Why’s he still a free agent? There has to be a lot more to it - if it was something as simple as small behavioural issues then he would have been snapped up by now. I’d say he really is a bad egg with a big ego and bigger wage demands

36 minutes ago, superniko said:

2020/21 we had Kaminski (future prem player), Daniel Ayala (only 30 at the time), Branthwaite (future England player albeit was 18), Harwood-Bellis (also was 18), Bradley Dack in his prime, Harvey Elliot (future England player), Lewis Holtby (who had caps for Germany), Joe Rothwell (future prem player), and then Armstrong (29 goals) and Diaz upfront (both future prem players).

Yet still finished 15th in the league and didn't get past the 3rd round of the cup. 

This was the season where I thought we would make the playoffs early on. I remember us playing some amazing football (5-0 vs Wycombe followed by 4-0 vs Derby), then another 4-0 vs Coventry and then battering PNE away. 

We were 8th heading into February and met the usual Mowbray death spiral, winning only 1 of the next 15 matches. We then obviously finished the season with a 5-2 win vs Huddersfield and a 5-2 win vs Birmingham when there was zero pressure on us at all.

We scored 65 goals, only 4 teams in the league scored more, and finished with a +11 goal difference (Coventry 2 points behind us had a -12 goal difference). Yet we still ended up 20 points off the playoffs!

If any season could sum up Mowbrays tenure with us, it was that one!

Makes you wonder? 

9 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Why’s he still a free agent? There has to be a lot more to it - if it was something as simple as small behavioural issues then he would have been snapped up by now. I’d say he really is a bad egg with a big ego and bigger wage demands

Rumours of an attitude problem and crashing his car at high speed whilst off his face on nitrous oxide last Christmas. hence why he didn't play for Ipswich in the second half of last season - allegedly 

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/man-utd-brandon-williams-claims-inhaled-laughing-gas-high-speed-car-crash/blt1c94cae5d3c3faa3

Edited by KentExile

45 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Not sure Dembele is the answer. Only 1 assist in 33 championship games last season. That's just not good enough at all.

Stansfield, obviously a decent player and would be a good investment, but can't see Fulham letting him go. He scored 12 goals in a relegated Birmingham team and probably would've scored more if they hadn't gone and appointed Rooney and dropped off a cliff. I'd be happy with the signing but just doesn't seem viable given Rovers circumstances.

Ruddy should only be brought in as a last resort IMO. It's an extremely short term solution and if Rovers can bring in someone as a more long term investment then they should be actively pursuing that first.

I still expect a couple of prem loans as is customary for most Championship clubs, but I imagine they'll come very late in the window, possibly deadline day.

That is the pool of players you shop in if you refuse to spend money though. Anyone with a proven track record, or proven quality, costs!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Okay, then they're going to move to goalposts and say your demands are unrealistic and therefore no point shopping around!

16 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Got a feeling you might be disappointed. 

Well we see on who we sign and by the deadline day. 

13 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

If we had proper ambitious owners, we'd sign the following players before the window shuts;

Daniel Iversen (£1.6m)
Brandon Williams (Free)
Yasin Ayari (Loan)
Siriki Dembele (£1.2m)
Franco Umeh-Chibueze (Loan)
Jay Stansfield (£6m)

If only eh? The Szmodics sale alone would cover all of that.

I dare say, we'd easily make the top-half with signings like that... with play-offs becoming a genuine possibility.

Ayari is in Brighton's First team squad and played on Saturday for the,

Id imagine he's weighing up his options holding on for the best possible deal. He was on 50k a week at United. He isnt going to be getting that wherever he ends up. But I think his agent will know his stock is high and without a transfer fee they'll be able to command decent wages and a hefty signing on fee.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Had they lined up Germain deal pre selling Szmodics? Now there’s a bit of a budget they are shopping round for probably younger options ?

Surely there is a clear transfer strategy for each position, options lined up depending on price for each now? Somebody has to step up and make a decision or we risk the window closing with half a squad and money in the bank.

clear strategy ??lol 

give over , are you for real or a dingle on the wumm?

9 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

‘Rovers Latest’ on twitter saying Ryo deal off cos his club don’t have time to find a replacement before window shuts in Japan

If that is the case, and with the rather large caveat that Rovers  can spend more money on wages/signing fees etc after the court date postponement yesterday, then agreeing an end of contract move on a free (a price even Rovers can afford) is the way to go.,  His contract expires in January

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ryo-germain/profil/spieler/511448

Edited by KentExile