BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

48 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I want 4/5 more signings before the window ends. A keeper, left back, centre midfield, pacey winger and Stansfield(if possible)

I want many things in life but I know they're not going to happen.

I would like however Rovers to make at least 4 signings before the window closes, a new goalkeeper in particular

I know also that it's unlikely they're going to happen

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

I want many things in life but I know they're not going to happen.

I would like however Rovers to make at least 4 signings before the window closes, a new goalkeeper in particular

I know also that it's unlikely they're going to happen

I would settle for just a new keeper, but I don't think even that will happen.

• Like 1

I can see Maggot coming out, saying we had a good transfer window, signing 6 players. This squad is so thin, and still no number 1 signed. It's absolutely ridiculous, having pocketed so much money, and spending virtually nothing. 

Look, at some point, the fans are going to kick off and protest for Venkys to fuck off. For now, they better hope, that results remain positive. If not, well, Venkys time here, will need to end 

• Like 1

Funny how Nathan Jones is commenting on every transfer link to nixon and others about rovers. Stating Wrong as if he’s in the know, This guy even stated that Ohashi was in Manchester doing a medical 4 days before he flew in to the country 

Just now, Iceman said:

I can see Maggot coming out, saying we had a good transfer window, signing 6 players. This squad is so thin, and still no number 1 signed. It's absolutely ridiculous, having pocketed so much money, and spending virtually nothing. 

Look, at some point, the fans are going to kick off and protest for Venkys to fuck off. For now, they better hope, that results remain positive. If not, well, Venkys time here, will need to end 

Aren't we 8 players or so down from our first team squad last season anyway? So if that were the case l, at best we'd be 2 players down on the threadbare squad that collapsed when the fixtures piled up last season.

There is absolutely zero planning for success in our structure, Waggott just learned that blowing smoke up the general fan by claiming we were going for play-offs is better PR than last seasons "we might survive".

4 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Their time here neede to end 14 years ago. 

• Like 2

The fact the JE has said that he wants four players and RG said three, surely suggests that we will get at least three through the door…doesn’t it? 

Since then we have sold SS. 

We can all see that we NEED a new keeper, would like either cover or a replacement for Pickering and ideally someone that can play wide. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Aren't we 8 players or so down from our first team squad last season anyway? So if that were the case l, at best we'd be 2 players down on the threadbare squad that collapsed when the fixtures piled up last season.

There is absolutely zero planning for success in our structure, Waggott just learned that blowing smoke up the general fan by claiming we were going for play-offs is better PR than last seasons "we might survive".

Please can we not start this again! 🤦🏽‍♂️

We got rid of a lot of players, some who were neither rated, or playing and have promoted Duru and Tyjon as well as welcoming back a couple of loans (Trav and Bucko). We don’t need another Samir Telelovic or Billy K. We don’t even need another Moran. We just need a group who are actually good enough and less passengers.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nic81 said:

The fact the JE has said that he wants four players and RG said three, surely suggests that we will get at least three through the door…doesn’t it? 

Since then we have sold SS. 

We can all see that we NEED a new keeper, would like either cover or a replacement for Pickering and ideally someone that can play wide. 

We haven't even signed loan players yet... We invariably end up with 3-4 loans 

So pretty sure we will hit those numbers. Obviously whether they are the right quality is a different question.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Rover1984 said:

Funny how Nathan Jones is commenting on every transfer link to nixon and others about rovers. Stating Wrong as if he’s in the know, This guy even stated that Ohashi was in Manchester doing a medical 4 days before he flew in to the country 

One of his recent was he's "been told we might bring in a keeper". Way to stick your neck on the line with a known recruitment focus there fella.

• Like 1

Jubilo Iwata probably want a relatively high fee considering they're fighting against relegation and will most certainly go down if they sell their top scorer. So we'll probably sign him on a free in January instead is my guess. And right now with Gueye and Ohashi we look okay for the striker spot, so it's a case of whether Germain would've played a wide role. Considering a lot of players aren't match fit, we need to get them in the building and going sooner rather than later. Will it panic station again on the final day? Stansfield falls through because of failed paper-work this time?

• Moderation Lead
31 minutes ago, Rover1984 said:

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to that young man. As much accuracy as a pisshead throwing darts at a dartboard.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

We got rid of a lot of players, some who were neither rated, or playing and have promoted Duru and Tyjon as well as welcoming back a couple of loans (Trav and Bucko). We don’t need another Samir Telelovic or Billy K. We don’t even need another Moran. We just need a group who are actually good enough and less passengers.

I don't disagree, but that doesn't change the fact that every season we collapse the second the squad gets stretched by fixtures and part of that is due to our squad being threadbare. Relying in the likes of Tyjon and Duru is at this point no different to having a Semir or Billy K because we have no idea if they can make that step.

We need numbers AND we need quality, not either or. Even if the core we have now is good enough we will struggle when injuries and suspensions set in.

Edited by RTM08
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MB Rover said:

That is the pool of players you shop in if you refuse to spend money though. Anyone with a proven track record, or proven quality, costs!

Don't disagree with that at all, its very true! That being said it feels a touch unimaginative if we do sign him, given that it'll be purely based on JE working with him before.

• Moderation Lead
6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

But then, the lads we are promoting might also not (yet) be good enough. Either way, our squad is way too light on numbers and quality. We all know whose fault that is, of course. Those that blatantly refuse to sign cheques at the minute….

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I want 4/5 more signings before the window ends. A keeper, left back, centre midfield, pacey winger and Stansfield(if possible)

As the great Brian Potter once said - "I want to moonwalk son, but life's a shithouse".

Think you're gonna be disappointed.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

This idea of replacing man for man last years squad is stupid. Not only because some players dont need replacing which you have considered but on the flip side, it would only work if our squad was well balanced in all areas last season, and it wasnt.

So no, Telalovic doesnt need replacing directly. But we only had 1 senior striker last season and he missed a lot of games. 

Its all about how we are looking in the here and now to see if we are well covered, rather than these illogical comparisons. 1 senior full back on either side, and 1 incompetent senior keeper, so we are 3 short there. 1 short in midfield, and a couple of wingers.

• Like 2