BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

37 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

We haven't even signed loan players yet... We invariably end up with 3-4 loans 

So pretty sure we will hit those numbers. Obviously whether they are the right quality is a different question.

Loans will start to happening shortly. PL will start releasing them on loan to Championship clubs

29 minutes ago, MarkBRFC71 said:

As the great Brian Potter once said - "I want to moonwalk son, but life's a shithouse".

Think you're gonna be disappointed.

Well we see in the coming 9 days. 

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

Page 666,what's the worst that could happen 🙄

Waggott brings Coyle and Kean back as joint head coaches, with Bradley Orr, Leon Best & Danny Murphy as their coaching team, whilst Anderson replaces Gestede as director of football?

• Like 3

My issue with Eustace wanting to call the shots in signing players he knows is that he hardly knows any at or around this level, he was manager at Brum for a year and a bit, prior to that he was non-league. At least Mowbray could remember being impressed by the likes of Dack and Armstrong having seen them play against his past teams.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Loans will start to happening shortly. PL will start releasing them on loan to Championship clubs

Well we see in the coming 9 days. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13152915/transfer-news-summer-transfer-window-2024-championship-ins-and-outs

I count 17 players loaned from Premiership clubs so far. Including Jesurun Rak-Sakyi who was in Palace's Prem squad last season and is likely to be quality at this level.

4 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

If we had proper ambitious owners, we'd sign the following players before the window shuts;

Daniel Iversen (£1.6m)
Brandon Williams (Free)
Yasin Ayari (Loan)
Siriki Dembele (£1.2m)
Franco Umeh-Chibueze (Loan)
Jay Stansfield (£6m)

If only eh? The Szmodics sale alone would cover all of that.

I dare say, we'd easily make the top-half with signings like that... with play-offs becoming a genuine possibility.

If we had proper ambitious owners, I would suggest we would be after players better than most of those!

I think some need to take a reality check.

Decent players like Iversen and Stansfield even if loaned, don't come cheap and probably out of our range when loan fee and wages factored in.  The fact we are trying to get rid of high end earners (like Travis) tells its own story.

I think the reality is we will be scavenging for a combination of cheap overseas' signings, those UK based players still without a club and loan signings from PL clubs who no one else wants. 

Those still dreaming of Stansfield need to wake up and smell the coffee - not a snowball's chance in hell he ends up here even on loan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

My issue with Eustace wanting to call the shots in signing players he knows is that he hardly knows any at or around this level, he was manager at Brum for a year and a bit, prior to that he was non-league. At least Mowbray could remember being impressed by the likes of Dack and Armstrong having seen them play against his past teams.

All speculation o can’t for a second think that Ruddy and Waggot won’t be calling the shots on all incomings  if any. I’d take all these rumours with a huge pinch of salt 

2 hours ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Might as well close this thread now, the court case being kicked down the road pretty much puts a stop on any spending IMO

Venkys probably told the court to postpone

19 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If we had proper ambitious owners, I would suggest we would be after players better than most of those!

I think some need to take a reality check.

Decent players like Iversen and Stansfield even if loaned, don't come cheap and probably out of our range when loan fee and wages factored in.  The fact we are trying to get rid of high end earners (like Travis) tells its own story.

I think the reality is we will be scavenging for a combination of cheap overseas' signings, those UK based players still without a club and loan signings from PL clubs who no one else wants. 

Those still dreaming of Stansfield need to wake up and smell the coffee - not a snowball's chance in hell he ends up here even on loan.

If we had proper ambitious owners, we would still be in the PL, or worse case scenario, have been promoted by now 

2 hours ago, KentExile said:

Waggott brings Coyle and Kean back as joint head coaches, with Bradley Orr, Leon Best & Danny Murphy as their coaching team, whilst Anderson replaces Gestede as director of football?

Or Venkys sells the club to their cousins, from the fathers side 

I'd be surprised if Travis leaves, or is in negotiations to, given the video the club have just posted on their socials with him talking about how much the armband means to him and his return to the club 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Posh Chairman in LT saying we’ve been robbed selling Szmods on the cheap - words to that effect. 

That’s because they had a sell on. When Szmodics is 30 next year, back in the championship, 10 million will be decent business I think

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, FE123 said:

That’s because they had a sell on. When Szmodics is 30 next year, back in the championship, 10 million will be decent business I think

Of course it will. Mcanthony is a gobshite talks so much nonsense the fact he says ‘ I don’t care if he’s 28’ (29 in less than a month) speaks volumes. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

How is it poor business nobody has answered this question to me

29 year old 

1 breakout season 

no top flight experience before 

wanted to go

how on earth is that worth 17/18 million

Agreed. I think its a relatively fair price, perhaps very slightly under what we might have got but certainly nowhere near the 'rip off' nonsense that the Posh megamouth and others have spouted.

• Like 5