BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

A player scoring 30+ in a season would generally be worth more than £10m, even with the caveat of stepping up to the Prem. But what about a player who has scored about 70 goals in 9 seasons, mainly in the leagues 2 and 3 tiers below where you are signing him to? 

He had an incredible season, but do those who think he should have fetched around 15m or more also think Rashford, Sterling or Felix (7 goals last season) are worth about £5m? Of course not. 

That's before you consider age. A younger player either has time to develop more, can either be sold on or you get more years out of them. 

All things considered, I think 9m going to 11m is reasonable. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, alex l said:

A player scoring 30+ in a season would generally be worth more than £10m, even with the caveat of stepping up to the Prem. But what about a player who has scored about 70 goals in 9 seasons, mainly in the leagues 2 and 3 tiers below where you are signing him to? 

He had an incredible season, but do those who think he should have fetched around 15m or more also think Rashford, Sterling or Felix (7 goals last season) are worth about £5m? Of course not. 

That's before you consider age. A younger player either has time to develop more, can either be sold on or you get more years out of them. 

Spot on it’s just reactionary from rovers fans and a Peterborough chairman who didn’t even think he was worth 2odd million back in the day because he’s not getting a bigger sell on

his market value is right 

whether people agree or not that’s up to them 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

He did indeed and was on my list of players with same age category but what he has/had over szmodics was history 

18 goals in 11/12 

28 goals in 13/14

17 goals in 14/15

21 goals in 15/16 

consistency as previously stated - if Sammie had 2/3/4 seasons of similar stats behind him then absolutely 15 plus but he hasn’t 

his Villa stats the next season - 3 goals 

8 years ago... ever heard of inflation?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Do you agree that this summer was the best time to sell Szmodics given his age and that he’ll be likely worth less next season?  

How many millions have Rovers lost out on in recent years by not selling players at the right time and seeing them leave for nothing?

For the club to become self sustainable it has to buy low and sell high, and Szmodics is the textbook example of what we should be doing - provided we reinvest in the squad, which is the obvious question mark.

No I don’t, the best time was when we had a squad capable of beating the drop without him. It ultimately doesn’t matter what we sell players for does it, we see none of it reinvested. I’d happily have kept Szmodics til the end of his deal, that would’ve been the best deal for the club football wise. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, alex l said:

It’s all opinions, I’m not saying you’re wrong. But £9million will be worth fuck all to us if we get relegated. In a business as shockingly run as ours, all decisions should be football based and the best decision for that, was to keep him. Selling the top scorer in the division for £9million just isn’t enough money to be worth it for us in my opinion. No age, experience, nationality hair colour or eye colour factors will change that for me. The facts are he scored 27 league goals last season and has been sold for under what we COULD (should) have pushed for. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Ever heard of consistency? 

Its really not hard to understand 

akpom is the closest I can find to Sammie in terms of 

One great season (moderate previous seasons)

Went for 12million 2 seasons ago 

so we’ve sold Sammie for a 25% discount? Thanks for proving our point  😉 

Edited by MB Rover

Just now, MB Rover said:

It’s all opinions, I’m not saying you’re wrong. But £9million will be worth fuck all to us if we get relegated. In a business as shockingly run as ours, all decisions should be football based and the best decision for that, was to keep him. Selling the top scorer in the division for £9million just isn’t enough money to be worth it for us in my opinion. No age, experience, nationality hair colour or eye colour factors will change that for me. The facts are he scored 27 league goals last season and has been sold for under what we COULD (should) have pushed for. 

But that last part is simply wrong 

we could/should have pushed for? We got the max Ipswich were willing to pay hence the delay 

Just now, MB Rover said:

so we’ve sold Sammie for a 25% discount? Thanks for proving our point  😉 

Didn’t prove your point at all I said similar and given akpom was 26 going on 27 at the time two years difference would have inflated the price a touch 

nice try though - again do better research it’s not hard all online to find 👍

1 minute ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Ever heard of consistency? 

Its really not hard to understand 

akpom is the closest I can find to Sammie in terms of 

One great season (moderate previous seasons)

Went for 12million 2 seasons ago 

so around the 30% increase in line with inflation and let's also factor in Akpom was also in the last year of his contract... yeah £9m sounds really good for us doesn't it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

But that last part is simply wrong 

we could/should have pushed for? We got the max Ipswich were willing to pay hence the delay 

If your house takes a while to sell you don’t sell it for half its perceived value to you. You wait and sell it when you find a buyer. You CERTAINLY don’t sell it when you’ve no other property lined up to live in. To repeat, we have sold 27 league goals, and have signed nobody since. We will not use the money. And some expect us to be happy with it.

1 minute ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Didn’t prove your point at all I said similar and given akpom was 26 going on 27 at the time two years difference would have inflated the price a touch 

nice try though - again do better research it’s not hard all online to find 👍

You seem very upset and condescending, is everything ok at home? These are pixels on a screen my friend, not life and death! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spankus Munky said:

so around the 30% increase in line with inflation and let's also factor in Akpom was also in the last year of his contract... yeah £9m sounds really good for us doesn't it?

But Akpom had black hair! And played in red! Adds value remember

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

Well actually let’s factor in akpom was 2 years younger 

played in top division for paok

Played Europa league also

but shall we just ignore that to make your point correct?

Just now, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Well actually let’s factor in akpom was 2 years younger 

played in top division for paok

Played Europa league also

but shall we just ignore that to make your point correct?

You’re getting worse! Sigurdsson played champions league! Let’s see if that’s factored into his fee we get for him 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

You’re getting worse! Sigurdsson played champions league! Let’s see if that’s factored into his fee we get for him 🤣🤣🤣

If he scores 28 league goals then it could well make a difference but again you lads are missing the point entirely 

akpom - 28 league goals (1 more than szmodics)

2 years younger

the season before (not years before) played top flight football and Europa league went for 12million to ajax

szmodics - 27 league goals

29 in the next month

nefer played above championship level

18million he’s worth? Make it make sense 👍

2 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

If he scores 28 league goals then it could well make a difference but again you lads are missing the point entirely 

akpom - 28 league goals (1 more than szmodics)

2 years younger

the season before (not years before) played top flight football and Europa league went for 12million to ajax

szmodics - 27 league goals

29 in the next month

nefer played above championship level

18million he’s worth? Make it make sense 👍

Ok quite simple...

He went to the Premier League which pays higher fees on avaerage the Eredivisie.

He had 3 years left on his contract.

2 years worth of Inflation and increased money in the English Leagues.

Szmodics has more letters in his name so increased revenue on club shop shirts name sales 😉

£15m guaranteed money player in 2024, no other championship club would have sanctioned a £9m sale of that i'm sure.

• Like 1

Guys ...a player is worth what the seller wants and what the buyer willing to pay at any given time of transaction. No 2 clubs is the same and No 2 players are the same(even if same position ,stats or age) 

for example , ipswich survive PL , sammie scores a bunch (PL survival itself worth millions ) then sammie is a bargain BUT the complete opposite of long term injury + relegation might also happen , then this is sweet deal for rovers...

As fans our only concern should be how much of the 9m is reinvested ...this goes for every transfer

• Like 4

When you take into account the transfer fee paid for Szmodic,wages paid to the player, Szmodic and agent cut of the deal, Pboro sell on we will have made 5 or 6 million profit on the league top scorer who had a couple of years left on his contract 

It was a woeful deal for Rovers and no other championship club would be making that sale 

Sold so the club can wash its own face 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

Ok quite simple...

He went to the Premier League which pays higher fees on avaerage the Eredivisie.

He had 3 years left on his contract.

2 years worth of Inflation and increased money in the English Leagues.

Szmodics has more letters in his name so increased revenue on club shop shirts name sales 😉

£15m guaranteed money player in 2024, no other championship club would have sanctioned a £9m sale of that i'm sure.

I fully disagree and obviously many prem clubs along with Ipswich do too.

Well lets hope that Travis's interview has put to bed the issues why he left in January on loan, cos of JDT not wanting here, so he left. 

Given he has done this interview today, hopefully put to bed any potential transfer outgoing

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Well lets hope that Travis's interview has put to bed the issues why he left in January on loan, cos of JDT not wanting here, so he left. 

Given he has done this interview today, hopefully put to bed any potential transfer outgoing

Would you expect an employee of the club to say it was Venkys / Shadow Man / Waggott to blame?

• Like 1