BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 minute ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

How much would Conor Chaplin be worth if he came on to the market today with. 21 goal contributions to his name last season?

Well he’s small, and a nob head, so £2million 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Would you expect an employee of the club to say it was Venkys / Shadow Man / Waggott to blame?

In fairness on this one I would go with what Travis is saying. Travis can't have been happy not starting a game in midfield since October,  and JDT would have said it was a club decision like he did with nearly everything else, and he did say Travis wasn't happy with lack of minutes and hìs position when he did play 

Agree the money men would have been delighted getting his wages off the books and no doubt jdt was led to believe more players would be coming 

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Would you expect an employee of the club to say it was Venkys / Shadow Man / Waggott to blame?

well you do love a conspiracy theory JH don't you? 

You have heard directly from Travis himself why he left and yet again you don't accept his comments. I'm expected yourself to have that sort of comment. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wonder if we will go back in for him. 

Let's hope so. Based purely on the teams he's played for, age and likely ability (granted I've never seen him play) he's the best of the options we've been linked with that are still available IMO (Iversen is probably next best).

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well you do love a conspiracy theory JH don't you? 

You have heard directly from Travis himself why he left and yet again you don't accept his comments. I'm expected yourself to have that sort of comment. 

It was a simple question and one which you have failed to answer. 

Can you find me a single example of an occasion where a club employee, be that manager, player, tea lady, has publicly criticised owners or 'higher ups'?

This isn't just a Rovers thing. It isn't a 'conspiracy'. It's not a football thing. It is a fact of life. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

So no, I don't take any interview with anyone seriously because they are going to say what suits them and their employers.

Again, not a phenomenon limited to Rovers or Travis, it's a fact of life, but doesn't mean every word has to be treated as gospel truth.

Just like the legions of people who were out in force 12 months ago praising Waggott for his 'honesty' after he gave an interview to club media despite him being a proven liar and despite half the things he came out with not stacking up. Just because he said it didn't make it right. 

• Like 2

I bet we’d all have laughed in disbelief if you’d said two seasons ago, at the start of the JDT era (the year after the Chile breakout) that Brereton Diaz and Szmodics would both get their first permanent moves to the Premier League in Summer 2024…..and Sammie would go for nearly 25% more

Edited by rog of the rovers
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It was a simple question and one which you have failed to answer. 

Can you find me a single example of an occasion where a club employee, be that manager, player, tea lady, has publicly criticised owners or 'higher ups'?

This isn't just a Rovers thing. It isn't a 'conspiracy'. It's not a football thing. It is a fact of life. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

So no, I don't take any interview with anyone seriously because they are going to say what suits them and their employers.

Again, not a phenomenon limited to Rovers or Travis, it's a fact of life, but doesn't mean every word has to be treated as gospel truth.

Just like the legions of people who were out in force 12 months ago praising Waggott for his 'honesty' after he gave an interview to club media despite him being a proven liar and despite half the things he came out with not stacking up. Just because he said it didn't make it right. 

I can 

jdt last season 

I take Travis at his word just like I took JDT at his word why Travis moved on in January  @JHRover

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.twentefans.nl/drommel-wil-weg-bij-psv-engelse-club-wil-huren-met-koopoptie/

Says here we want Drommel on loan. Pathetic that we are trying to borrow a player who potentially could be a number 1 for a number of years considering the money we have brought in 

We asked about a loan before the Szmodics sale, whether that has changed now, who knows. 

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.twentefans.nl/drommel-wil-weg-bij-psv-engelse-club-wil-huren-met-koopoptie/

Says here we want Drommel on loan. Pathetic that we are trying to borrow a player who potentially could be a number 1 for a number of years considering the money we have brought in 

Short term solution to a long term problem. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If it a a genuine “loan to buy” option they I don’t see an issue with this really. 

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

If he scores 28 league goals then it could well make a difference but again you lads are missing the point entirely 

akpom - 28 league goals (1 more than szmodics)

2 years younger

the season before (not years before) played top flight football and Europa league went for 12million to ajax

szmodics - 27 league goals

29 in the next month

nefer played above championship level

18million he’s worth? Make it make sense 👍

This is absolutely spot on. I don't understand how people are arguing against that. People don't want 29 year olds. They want 19-22 year olds that they can mold, wait for the market to inflate even more and then go against their ffp in the future.

1 minute ago, Tugayisgod said:

Have a bad feeling about this guy. Sounds like he was guilty of a lot of mistakes and was replaced. Steer clear for me

The only thing I am really bothered about, is he better than Pears.

6 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

This is absolutely spot on. I don't understand how people are arguing against that. People don't want 29 year olds. They want 19-22 year olds that they can mold, wait for the market to inflate even more and then go against their ffp in the future.

Oh don't worry we sell them on the cheap also... see Adam Wharton 😏