BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

5 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

I agree Wharton was sold on the cheap no doubt about it

but the szmodics deal in isolation is/was a fair reflection for his profile in the market 

But he didn’t play for PAOK?

10 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

I agree Wharton was sold on the cheap no doubt about it

but the szmodics deal in isolation is/was a fair reflection for his profile in the market 

The Wharton deal is all about the sell on. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

But he didn’t play for PAOK?

What are you on about - if you can’t have a debate with reasonable points just scroll on

The reason I feel Wharton was sold too cheap is the same reason why I think smzodics was sold for the correct price - AGE

wharton ceiling is/was massive 

represented England at youth level right up to his age level 

players of his same profile going for double or Archie gray - so we def sold way too cheap considering his profile 

Conor Chaplin how much?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Have a bad feeling about this guy. Sounds like he was guilty of a lot of mistakes and was replaced. Steer clear for me

Totally agree, the more we get linked with gambles like this one, the more I think that an older, experienced keeper is the way to go for this season. 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

By that logic. Scott Hogan and Lukas Jutkeiwicz should have been signed over Gueye and Ohashi.

I love how signing a player right at the end of his career who shows signs of considerable decline is the risk free option.

There's a reason you said "player", and not keeper. 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

It was a simple question and one which you have failed to answer. 

Can you find me a single example of an occasion where a club employee, be that manager, player, tea lady, has publicly criticised owners or 'higher ups'?

This isn't just a Rovers thing. It isn't a 'conspiracy'. It's not a football thing. It is a fact of life. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

So no, I don't take any interview with anyone seriously because they are going to say what suits them and their employers.

Again, not a phenomenon limited to Rovers or Travis, it's a fact of life, but doesn't mean every word has to be treated as gospel truth.

Just like the legions of people who were out in force 12 months ago praising Waggott for his 'honesty' after he gave an interview to club media despite him being a proven liar and despite half the things he came out with not stacking up. Just because he said it didn't make it right. 

It was exactly the interview I expected.

Love the club, blame JDT for his loan to Ipswich

He may also be right on both issues but it was his choice to go on loan, and he didn't fit JDTs style and knew it imo.

He'll fit JE ok

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well lets hope that Travis's interview has put to bed the issues why he left in January on loan, cos of JDT not wanting here, so he left. 

Given he has done this interview today, hopefully put to bed any potential transfer outgoing

Going to have a listen now but a bit unprofessional to 'out' his former coach like that. Pretty much common knowledge anyway, but hopefully that means the group is very satisfied with Eustace. Just hope he isn't too nice!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Going to have a listen now but a bit unprofessional to 'out' his former coach like that. Pretty much common knowledge anyway, but hopefully that means the group is very satisfied with Eustace. Just hope he isn't too nice!

I know they're only footballers.... but I thought Travis and Buckley seemed extra "slow" in the recent interviews they've both done, more surprising with Travis considering he's the captain/leader.

that said, I can't talk!!!! I've only just realised "Surprise" has two R's in its spelling. (I've always thought it was suprise🙈)

6 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Hypothetically Palace could sign 3 City fringe players for £60 million and City get Adam Wharton in exchange... 

Rovers get zilch.... 

That's always the danger, but having secured a much better sell on than Birmingham did, Wharton could well end up fetching more than Bellingham. 

40 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

JDT's body wasn't even cold and Brittain was cheering from the rafters.

We've got a funny bunch in that changing room.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

JDT's body wasn't even cold and Brittain was cheering from the rafters.

We've got a funny bunch in that changing room.

A group of players just properly happy to plod along in the Championship 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Probably because a lot of them realised that if he had a budget and a DoF who actually knew what he was doing then they'd have been replaced.

they`ll do the same to eustace if by some serious good fortune we are in the top six by january,makes you wonder why we bother tbh,though eustace is`nt as driven as jdt and will probably end up in mowbray mode.i.e content to sit in mid table

• Like 1