BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

they`ll do the same to eustace if by some serious good fortune we are in the top six by january,makes you wonder why we bother tbh,though eustace is`nt as driven as jdt and will probably end up in mowbray mode.i.e content to sit in mid table

Not as experienced obviously but i think he has more about him than Mowbray who landed here after flopping at his previous 3 clubs and was about a decade older.

More likely some club with a actual budget will fancy a punt on him by next summer/autumn imo.

19 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So is that another day that's drifted by without a serious link to a player?

We really are in trouble, aren't we?

Jackson on holiday till Tomorrow. Other than Alan Nixon, what other journalist is interested in Rovers. 

Nicko has told us plenty is going on. Bids in players, waiting for responses now

The tragedy of the Wharton deal is that only one Premier League club seemed interested. We didn't have an auction.

What is wrong with their scouting system that only Palace were prepared to buy him at that price?

They'll be scrambling all over themselves to pay double should he ever become available. 

Why did we accept such a low sum? Because Venkys were desperate, it provided funding for the running of the club for x months without which we would have gone into administration.

There was no Plan B, we would have accepted anything remotely near his real value. This was never a football decision.

• Like 6

We are past the point of needing links, rumours, indecision and spells of waiting.

We need players in. We need at least 5 in less than 9 days. Thats not factoring in our inevitable last day incompetence. 

I look forward to Eustace saying tomorrow that we arent close to anyone.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Not as experienced obviously but i think he has more about him than Mowbray who landed here after flopping at his previous 3 clubs and was about a decade older.

More likely some club with a actual budget will fancy a punt on him by next summer/autumn imo.

Yeah vibe i get from JE is he wont take much shit... My gut feel at the moment is he will walk at some point this season if we really have pulled the rug out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Last season there were times he was in ultra cautious mode and I am beginning to think that was due to the situation we were in. It was a case of 'just don't lose the game' and draws were almost viewed like 'we've collected another point, one step closer to safety. Phew'.

Of course, there was justifiable criticism from many of us here at the time about Rovers looking shit scared against the likes of Plymouth, Millwall, Sheff Wednesday etc, but I think it might have been to do with the overall situation, rather than a case of Eustace being a loser or not wanting to win.

For me, he has already shown so far this season that he wants to win. I was pleased that the first thing he said after the Norwich game was that he was disappointed with a point, as he felt we should have won the game. That's the attitude I want to see from a Rovers manager.

There have also been good noises from one or two who have been observing him by the dugout and how he has been a tough taskmaster after games. It doesn't look or sound like he is here to just plod along to me. He's not a JDT, but I don't think he is a Mowbray either.

The problem as always, is the pillocks at the top and whether they will back him or not.

Whether there is any truth in the leaked transfer targets and there being disagreements between Eustace and Rudy/Park, remains to be seen. It could be a deflection tactic for all we know. I wouldn't put it past the car salesman.

However if true, part of me wouldn't mind us signing some of the alleged Eustace wishlist. Dembele could be electric for us, there's a player in there, it sometimes needs the right club. Baker as an addition without selling anybody would be fine (too much to ask of that lot though). Stansfield would be a quality signing, but again, a big ask of this lot.

The tricky part is, I'm also happy for Rudy and Park to pick out signings for us as they look to have delivered so far with Gueye and Ohashi. Who else can they surprise us with? They have supposedly pleasantly surprised Eustace too, so let them carry on with it, is another thought that crosses my mind.

They need to reach a compromise pretty quick, if a disagreement exists at all. I'd personally let Eustace go after Dembele if the choice is between him and Germain. I would love to see Dembele on one wing and Poku on the other. That would scare teams imo, along with them having Yuki and Mak to deal with too.

Edited by SuperBrfc
  • Like 4

Winger Rabbi Matondo is reportedly "destined" for a move to Blackburn Rovers this summer as Rangers escalate their summer clearout.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-transfer-matondo-hagi-bradaric-33514882

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/G26WQNOyPgo

https://youtu.be/yT3IQqJ4azk?si=Fdp_2oFetaQ_cx5m

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Owen bringing some Welsh players to the table? 

The lack of funding being provided for transfers at the moment is absolutely criminal considering the revenue made from outgoings.

Pears and Szmodics replacements needed as an absolute minimum. And not loans either, starters who will make an immediate impact. Anything less is unacceptable. 

Not seen much of Poku or the PSV keeper but they seem to make the most sense here for what seems like minimal outlay.

After that we need LB cover, CM and a winger. Don’t want them to be loans but most likely will be with these bozo’s.

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

See Leeds are supposedly after him

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fits the profile of "fast wide player" (dubious decision making/final ball in my opinion, but if he didn't have this "quality" then a Championship move would not be on the cards),

But if the reports of £2M and/or Leeds being interested, have any weight to them, then its unlikely at best

2 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Fits the profile of "fast wide player" (dubious decision making/final ball in my opinion, but if he didn't have this "quality" then a Championship move would not be on the cards),

But if the reports of £2M and/or Leeds being interested, have any weight to them, then its unlikely at best

Especially if the reports of his wages being in the region of £1.3m a year are true.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

The lack of funding being provided for transfers at the moment is absolutely criminal considering the revenue made from outgoings.

Pears and Szmodics replacements needed as an absolute minimum. And not loans either, starters who will make an immediate impact. Anything less is unacceptable. 

Not seen much of Poku or the PSV keeper but they seem to make the most sense here for what seems like minimal outlay.

After that we need LB cover, CM and a winger. Don’t want them to be loans but most likely will be with these bozo’s.

The Japanese lad is the SS replacement 

22 minutes ago, gumboots said:

See Leeds are supposedly after him

13 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Leeds are signing a winger from Almeria for £11m

He fits the profile of the type of winger we wants. 

Let's see what happens in the next 9 days. 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Matondo is quick but has barely any end product.

Suppose if its permanent he is still young so maybe he will become more consistent. A loan would be frustrating.

As stated above anybody with his speed if they had good end product they would be in prem - all about coaching and getting the best from him. Given the reported figures re wages etc can’t see this one happening unless he takes a pay cut 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JHRover said:

Exactly. Convenient this story appears the same day as the Indian court case and with only a few days of the window remaining.

Operation deflect in full swing. Convince them that there's nothing wrong in India and it's all to do with issues at Brockhall.

Seen that one many times before.

It probably isn't a smokescreen. Well, it isn't. I posted there was discontent days ago. There really is. Eustace is not happy. I honestly think he could walk this year. Waggott says one thing and does another. Can't remember the poster but when someone said Waggott needs to pick a side it is true - do Park and Gestede have the final say or do Eustace? This barrier is getting ever higher by the day

I can see why it always come across as convenient but these problems will always happen when the stress is at its most. Typically, that is during transfer windows or busy periods. The lack of senior leadership creates this vacuum. Nobody has clear responsibilities defined because the person at the "top" isn't even sure himself. Every single year a new 'power broker' appears with new ideas only for them to be cast aside if it doesn't show immediate results

The reason we have such periods of calamity is down purely to that absence in strong, determined and thoughtful leadership. We have no clear commercial or operational directives. What we do is exist. Year by year we continue to operate but with no 3, 5 or 10 year plan. This 'winding path' method of leadership means we twist and turn, therefore getting nowhere fast. Steve Waggott strikes me as a director who keeps the lights on but nothing more. There's no real aspiration because he doesn't think it possible with the tools he has or he simply cannot be bothered. Yet ultimately the blame has to lie with the real owners of the company. They could employ people to run the club properly. They choose not to.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

If it a a genuine “loan to buy” option they I don’t see an issue with this really. 

When was the last time we loaned anyone with any real intention to buy?!