BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

This thread is now like an episode of Bullseye in light of the postponed Court hearing.

"Look at what you could have had!" (Won)

Dreams of driving down the canal in the speed boat they seemed to strangely have as the star prize 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Matondo is quick but has barely any end product.

Suppose if its permanent he is still young so maybe he will become more consistent. A loan would be frustrating.

Look at his quality goal against Celtic. 

Rangers career 63 games, 6 goals, 10 assist 

Cercle Brugge career 27 games, 10 goals, 2 assist. 

Only 23 years. 

Tbh, I give up with yourself cos every player link you always pick fault with the player. I dont have a clue who you are expecting us to sign. We could sign Grealish and you would find fault/problems with it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It probably isn't a smokescreen. Well, it isn't. I posted there was discontent days ago. There really is. Eustace is not happy. I honestly think he could walk this year. Waggott says one thing and does another. Can't remember the poster but when someone said Waggott needs to pick a side it is true - do Park and Gestede have the final say or do Eustace? This barrier is getting ever higher by the day

I can see why it always come across as convenient but these problems will always happen when the stress is at its most. Typically, that is during transfer windows or busy periods. The lack of senior leadership creates this vacuum. Nobody has clear responsibilities defined because the person at the "top" isn't even sure himself. Every single year a new 'power broker' appears with new ideas only for them to be cast aside if it doesn't show immediate results

The reason we have such periods of calamity is down purely to that absence in strong, determined and thoughtful leadership. We have no clear commercial or operational directives. What we do is exist. Year by year we continue to operate but with no 3, 5 or 10 year plan. This 'winding path' method of leadership means we twist and turn, therefore getting nowhere fast. Steve Waggott strikes me as a director who keeps the lights on but nothing more. There's no real aspiration because he doesn't think it possible with the tools he has or he simply cannot be bothered. Yet ultimately the blame has to lie with the real owners of the company. They could employ people to run the club properly. They choose not to.

Eustace knew what he was getting into. It was played out in public last year by JDT so there’s no way he wouldn’t have known about venkys waggott and their previous/history with managers. So he’s accepted the role knowing what was likely going to happen

• Like 5

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at his quality goal against Celtic. 

Rangers career 63 games, 6 goals, 10 assist 

Cercle Brugge career 27 games, 10 goals, 2 assist. 

Only 23 years. 

Tbh, I give up with yourself cos every player link you always pick fault with the player. I dont have a clue who you are expecting us to sign. We could sign Grealish and you would find fault/problems with it.

Well he’s not wrong I watch a lot of Scottish football - his end product is below average 

but with good coaching and at his age there’s a lot of potential there 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

He shouldn’t be though. We’ve need bodies in before SS left.

Do see your point but no chance should the fans accept that 

And how are the fans going to demonstrate their  displeasure except for the usual shrug of the shoulders? And so it goes on

• Like 1

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We are past the point of needing links, rumours, indecision and spells of waiting.

We need players in. We need at least 5 in less than 9 days. Thats not factoring in our inevitable last day incompetence. 

I look forward to Eustace saying tomorrow that we arent close to anyone.

5 is the absolute minimum number now - providing no more outgoings. Any more out also need replacing - perhaps with the exception of Vale/Leonard.  The French lad/Tyjon should be similar replacements and would benefit from first team exposure.  

We all know the weak spots in the team/squad

GK (A scarecrow would be an improvement) 

LB (a quick one)

CM (ball carrier/box to box). 

LW (quick/direct)

RW (as above) 

Strong argument for a RB as well. 

Personally, I think we'll get a cheap keeper and another forward.  That will be it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yuki isn't Szmodics replacement. 

I’ll have a friendly wager he is. Together with the Emerald Isle surefire bet that’s  2 nice little earners I can look forward to

For me, we need 4 players in minimal. 

Keeper is a must..now Drommel has asked for transfer, I would go for him.

Left back. 

Centre midfielder 

Left winger with pace. 

Then Stansfield whether perm or loan I would deffo welcome 

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Rabbi Matondo...

- High fee (to us) of around £2m.
- High wages of £23k a week reportedly.
- Leeds are also interested.

Just put a line through it folks, not happening. Next!

Leeds have moved for a winger from Almeria. Fee agreed

19 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Honestly, who knows? There’s absolutely no consistency in what they do. I’d say it’s unlikely, but not impossible..

Your just being pedantic Paul.  'It'll never happen' v 'unlikely but not impossible.'

I'd love to win euro millions - it'll never happen...but it's not impossible. 

Admit it.  You are really a secret member of the 'It'll never happen' brigade 😂

12 minutes ago, Ricceh said:

Aren't they expecting Gnonto to leave also? They'll need more than one.

No idea tbh. 

Sky sports news were reporting the winger to Leeds from Almeria last night

3 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Why do we need another cb?

Meant centre midfielder 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rover1984 said:

Owen bringing some Welsh players to the table? 

more likely a combo of park, from his time at rangers, and owen. which can surely only be a good thing if two senior heads not only hold knowledge on the same player but also agree! would love rabbi here; shipped around a lot in his early career, but i think he could flourish settled 

if there is a clear out at rangers, park will be all over it. he probably brought a few of them in to the club himself. so if he trusts his gut, sees a good fit and smells a bargain, i wouldn't be shocked to see us move, even if only in attempts

Edited by nbdrovers

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

For me, we need 4 players in minimal. 

Keeper is a must..now Drommel has asked for transfer, I would go for him.

Left back. 

Centre back 

Left winger with pace. 

Then Stansfield whether perm or loan I would deffo welcome 

Stanstead will definitely not happen even a loan whilst Drommel highly unlikely to happen.

Chaddy, has the penny not dropped yet - seems like we are boracic and it's even a battle to keep the lights on!

28 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Eustace knew what he was getting into. It was played out in public last year by JDT so there’s no way he wouldn’t have known about venkys waggott and their previous/history with managers. So he’s accepted the role knowing what was likely going to happen

He didn't

When promises are made, you have to take people for their word. If somebody is told they have the final say on transfers but then don't you can understand their unhappiness

But I'm not willing to get deep into the conversation. People have their own opinions on it

Someone mentioned the other day that more ambitious names would start appearing, should the court case fail or be postponed, as a smokescreen.

Since then, we've had fresh links/reports on Stansfield, Matondo, Iversen, Drommel, Baker, Dembele... it's all just absolute bollocks.

Whoever said that was bang on.

We'll end up with a couple of loans or incredibly cheap deals at best.

• Like 2