BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 minute ago, TheRevAshton said:

Someone mentioned the other day that more ambitious names would start appearing, should the court case fail or be postponed, as a smokescreen.

Since then, we've had fresh links/reports on Stansfield, Matondo, Iversen, Drommel, Baker, Dembele... it's all just absolute bollocks.

Whoever said that was bang on.

We'll end up with a couple of loans or incredibly cheap deals at best.

All those links emerged before the court case. 

99% of conspiracy theories are complete bollocks. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Let’s hope this is happening. He looks exactly the type of player we need and that Eustace spoke about at the WATR meeting. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Neal said:

"rovers" always want to have their cake and eat it when it comes to anything involving money. 

Other clubs must hate having to deal with our cheap amature hour car boot salesman. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Someone mentioned the other day that more ambitious names would start appearing, should the court case fail or be postponed, as a smokescreen.

Since then, we've had fresh links/reports on Stansfield, Matondo, Iversen, Drommel, Baker, Dembele... it's all just absolute bollocks.

Whoever said that was bang on.

We'll end up with a couple of loans or incredibly cheap deals at best.

That would be me.  Simply based on the fact that every time there is potential bad news around our finances, a fresh list of names magically appear. None of which ever materialise.  It seems to be Waggot's  go-to method to deflect scrutiny.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Let’s hope this is happening. He looks exactly the type of player we need and that Eustace spoke about at the WATR meeting. 

Yeesh, even on his highlights tape he just runs into blind alleys.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

So the latest is Eustace is ready to walk and we aren’t signing anyone on a permanent?

Always the same noises. We talk our own football club down in the drain. 

JDT didn't walk, did he? 

Edited by alexanders

10 minutes ago, alexanders said:

JDT didn't walk, did he? 

Said he wanted to several times, then did.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, alexanders said:

JDT didn't walk, did he? 

He did walk, but Eustace doesn’t seem as frustrated(yet).

Anyway, he’s apparently a ‘yes man’ so he’ll do as he’s told, right?

At this level, you are always going to struggle to sign a player with speed and end product and I appreciate it. But there is a sliding scale, it isnt just has end product or hasnt got end product. And Matondo whenever I have seen him for Rangers has loads of pace but is particularly erratic, hence why he has failed to ever nail down a starting spot and why their fans seen happy to let him go.

That being said, I think my opinion on any potential deal and its no more than a solitary link at the moment, would depend on whether its a permanent or a loan. Perhaps a bit more end product would come over time as unlike Dembele who has failed for years to kick on, Matondo is at a good age so maybe regular football and a fresh start can help him.

I am sick of the "stop being negative" attempt at a counter argument.

Always on the 'never never' with this lot when it comes to spending money.

When they are talking to the fans (rare I know) it's always excuses about FFP, geopolitical issues, poor old Rovers, poor Venkys, admin errors, unreasonable players / agents all making life ever so hard work but not to worry next time around it will be better (tomorrow, not today).

It seems when they are going around trying to sign players they also do so on a similar basis, one of the favourites being the 'loan with option to buy' routine which has emerged in the last few years as a popular choice.

'Give us your player now and we might give you some money in the future'. Typical Waggott and Venkys. Unsurprisingly there aren't many selling clubs playing this game as they want money up front not on the 'never never'.

I think Broughton realised he was never getting any real money out of these people and so turned to the 'loan with option' route in a desperate bid to be able to recruit reasonable quality, but again, easier said than done.

When you're sat on receipts of over £40,000,000,00 and have spent a paltry million or so on Ohashi and Gueye it is hard to believe, but thanks to our billionaire owners we appear to be totally skint despite selling off the family silver.

• Like 5

I am 100% sure that JDT wouldn't have quit IF the results had gone better than they did. I think he found himself in a Catch22 situation where he had to look for a job elsewhere to avoid getting fired. 

I think Broughton realised he was never getting any real money out of these people and so turned to the 'loan with option' route in a desperate bid to be able to recruit reasonable quality, but again, easier said than done.

IF You look at GB`s record in Bodø Glimt where he came from, it was quite good, however there was no uproar in BG when he left and they have continued to do equally good in not better with the transfers after he left. He was no magician. I think he said the right things, but he hasn't been able to find a new job.

However he did give us SS who we sold for a nice profit 

Edited by alexanders

55 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Stanstead will definitely not happen even a loan whilst Drommel highly unlikely to happen.

Chaddy, has the penny not dropped yet - seems like we are boracic and it's even a battle to keep the lights on!

We see Mercer. 

4 minutes ago, alexanders said:

I am 100% sure that JDT wouldn't have quit IF the results had gone better than they did. I think he found himself in a Catch22 situation where he had to look for a job elsewhere to avoid getting fired. 

He tried to quit in summer ‘23. 

58 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

He didn't

When promises are made, you have to take people for their word. If somebody is told they have the final say on transfers but then don't you can understand their unhappiness

But I'm not willing to get deep into the conversation. People have their own opinions on it

You don’t have to get deep into but the fact is you/I and thousands of fans knew/know how venkys and waggott work and have treated previous managers with false promises so if we knew that are you telling me John Eustace wouldn’t have been aware of that possibility? If you truly believe that then your as gullible as Eustace  

43 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

"rovers" always want to have their cake and eat it when it comes to anything involving money. 

Other clubs must hate having to deal with our cheap amature hour car boot salesman. 

I remember a mate telling me that his wife liked to sell stuff on Facebook locally. It was old baby clothes and they’d just make a few quid. They’d list stuff for a £1. They get people agreeing, turning up and then haggling. Offering 50p.  That’s Venky’s Rovers.

I’d block incoming calls. 

Edited by Dan
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

He tried to quit in summer ‘23. 

Tried to quit??

How difficult could that be.....

The thing is for an up and coming manager like JDT getting fired would be very negative for his CV. As I said if the results was good or even okay he wouldn't have gone from the club.