BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Tried to quit??

How difficult could that be.....

The thing is for an up and coming manager like JDT getting fired would be very negative for his CV. As I said if the results was good or even okay he wouldn't have gone from the club. 

He tried to quit in summer ‘23 as I said. That is public knowledge. He didn’t because of contractual obligations and the fact Rovers wouldn’t release him. 

Edited by Forever Blue

8 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Nathan Jones saying Matando has been spoken about for 2 weeks. I presume he means by our recruitment team. Cos he’d know🥹

More front than Blackpool that guy

I don't follow him but he's got a bad reputation on here. Hopefully someone responds with "if he's been spoken about for 2 weeks, why didn't you mention him a fortnight ago?"

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, alex l said:

I don't follow him but he's got a bad reputation on here. Hopefully someone responds with "if he's been spoken about for 2 weeks, why didn't you mention him a fortnight ago?"

My thoughts exactly, but twitter is a cesspit so I don’t post. 

2 minutes ago, alexanders said:

On a positive not Burnley are getting stripped for good players; Sander Berge ready for Fulham and hopefully Benson to Leeds. 

Signing Joe Worrall today though who’s good at Championship level. If they don’t go up as Champions then Parker must be shite. 

11 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Tried to quit??

How difficult could that be.....

The thing is for an up and coming manager like JDT getting fired would be very negative for his CV. As I said if the results was good or even okay he wouldn't have gone from the club. 

He said the 'project' had changed and he'd like to leave - a mutual termination of his contract where both parties walk away. The owners demanded he pay out the remaining money on his deal to leave, which he refused to do last summer.

Obviously things came to a head in January and he did exactly that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Results nosedived under JDT because he didn't want to be here any more and the club should have resolved the situation much earlier. It was abundantly obvious months before he went that he wasn't happy (who could blame him?)

Despite that he still managed to have us in play-off contention heading into Xmas. It was only after the latest January fiasco that he threw in the towel as, I believe, they had lied to him again.

Was the only reason that we nosedived under JDT that he didn't want to be here anymore? I loved the football under JDT, but he didn't have any plan B at all. He didn't make us hard to beat and I question his way of man-managament. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He said the 'project' had changed and he'd like to leave - a mutual termination of his contract where both parties walk away. The owners demanded he pay out the remaining money on his deal to leave, which he refused to do last summer.

Obviously things came to a head in January and he did exactly that. 

The owners demanded he pay out remaining money on his deal? Sorry, I don't understand what you mean here 

1 minute ago, alexanders said:

Was the only reason that we nosedived under JDT that he didn't want to be here anymore? I loved the football under JDT, but he didn't have any plan B at all. He didn't make us hard to beat and I question his way of man-managament. 

A big part of it was not getting the players he wanted to fit his system

not even getting a striker alone to replace bbd 

he wanted/needed certain style/type of player for his system and the recruitment team failed him on 3 occasions 

that said he shouldn’t have just gave up I didn’t like that trait in him and I also agree we didn’t have a plan b - but there’s a very good coach in JDT season before proved it just too much going on last year 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, alexanders said:

On a positive not Burnley are getting stripped for good players; Sander Berge ready for Fulham and hopefully Benson to Leeds. 

Difference is I guarantee they spend some of the proceeds on good Championship talent rather than scraping the barrel for anyone willing to play for headpats and tummy rubs.

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The re-writing of history continues apace though, almost at the point now where the problem was JDT and Broughton and not the reptiles above them.

Notwithstanding Waggott/Pasha and the owners though, Broughton was beyond useless.

I just wonder what might have been had we appointed a proper DOF to work alongside the excellent  JDT as opposed to Broughton supplying him with duds or not signing people at all.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Notwithstanding Waggott/Pasha and the owners though, Broughton was beyond useless.

I just wonder what might have been had we appointed a proper DOF to work alongside the excellent  JDT as opposed to Broughton supplying him with duds or not signing people at all.

One of the "duds" that Broughton signed has just been sold to Ipswich in the Premier League for a substantial profit.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, alexanders said:

The 'lack of plan B' didn't seem to cause a problem in the first 18 months, it was only after 3 diabolical transfer windows and dismantling of his squad, including selling Adam Wharton and then pulling the plug on McGuire, that he lost the plot with them.

He knew by that point it was game over and he was saying 'f*** you' to them. Of course at a normal club we'd never have reached that stage but he'd realised they weren't going to sack him or deal with the issues.

He was the type of operator that could catapult a club like this into the big time despite financial limitations. Obviously the big time isn't and wasn't the aim here.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Dreams of driving down the canal in the speed boat they seemed to strangely have as the star prize 🤣

Especially for contestants who lived at the top of a high rise tower block in the middle of Birmingham!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alexanders said:

The owners demanded he pay out remaining money on his deal? Sorry, I don't understand what you mean here 

A manager can't just leave one job and go to another job as he is under contract to his current club for a set period of time. Had JDT just quit and started working at a new club then Rovers would have been entitled to take both JDT and the new club to court for breach of contract / Inducement to breach contract. 

JDT wanted to leave, Rovers said in order to release you from your contract you have to pay £X.

Most clubs don't keep unhappy managers in this scenario as it proves detrimental.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

One of the "duds" that Broughton signed has just been sold to Ipswich in the Premier League for a substantial profit.

There seems to be some dispute as to whether SS was already on our radar before the Egg rocked up but giving him credit for that, even Owen Coyle found Charlie Mulgrew.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

A manager can't just leave one job and go to another job as he is under contract to his current club for a set period of time. Had JDT just quit and started working at a new club then Rovers would have been entitled to take both JDT and the new club to court for breach of contract / Inducement to breach contract. 

JDT wanted to leave, Rovers said in order to release you from your contract you have to pay £X.

Thanks for the explanation. We then had a horrible situation in the club with a manager who wanted out and we were stubborn and stuck with him. 

Impressive that we had such good results with a manager who wanted out. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, alexanders said:

We nosedived under JDT because Gregg gave him a pack of soggy crackers and asked him to create a fire. We’ve stockpiled happy-to-be-here players and brought in a coach that wanted premier league football. They had to purposely sabotage 3 transfers to stop him doing that. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Thanks for the explanation. We then had a horrible situation in the club with a manager who wanted out and we were stubborn and stuck with him. 

That was exactly the situation, and it was a minor miracle we got to November before the wheels fell off. Any sensible owners would have said to JDT in the summer "let us line up a replacement, then we'll let you go". Not Venky's though. Absolute idiots. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alexanders said:

However some may try to rewrite history the club lied to JDT for a large part of his tenure, he then wanted out and the scumbags who own and our board of vermin made him pay out his contract.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

However some may try to rewrite history the club lied to JDT for a large part of his tenure, he then wanted out and the scumbags who own and our board of vermin made him pay out his contract.

Im very impressed that everyone knows everything about contract situation, club lies, JDTs feelings and everything going on at board level. 

Im very impressed that everyone knows everything about contract situation, club lies, JDTs feelings and everything going on at board level. 

JDT told everyone in an interview. It was in the LT back in Feb. I’d link it if I could do links. Google ‘JDT wanted to leave Blackburn Rovers in summer’