BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Had JDT been backed he would have had us promoted his first season.  He just pissed.me.off when he dropped both Whartons for the dingle game, never knew why those boys would bave been up for that game and we could have used some fire in the bellies from somewhere.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, alex l said:

I don't follow him but he's got a bad reputation on here. Hopefully someone responds with "if he's been spoken about for 2 weeks, why didn't you mention him a fortnight ago?"

He lost me when he posted a video of himself, suited and booted at some sort of Players function, doing a synchronised first pump with Bennett. 

I wouldn't even cross the street to say hello to Bennett - an unbelievably mediocre player. 

38 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The 'lack of plan B' didn't seem to cause a problem in the first 18 months, it was only after 3 diabolical transfer windows and dismantling of his squad, including selling Adam Wharton and then pulling the plug on McGuire, that he lost the plot with them.

He knew by that point it was game over and he was saying 'f*** you' to them. Of course at a normal club we'd never have reached that stage but he'd realised they weren't going to sack him or deal with the issues.

He was the type of operator that could catapult a club like this into the big time despite financial limitations. Obviously the big time isn't and wasn't the aim here.

He also very visibly gave up towards the end. He doubled down on his style of play, despite us having two dodgy GKs and nobody to play alongside Tronstad, which resulted in us shipping a load of goals.

Kompany managed to finagle that into the Bayern Munich job. JDT had to settle for the Sweden job. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I've never seen Berge have a good game.

NIce, 

We asked you to select your Burnley player of the season from the four candidates chosen by our fan contributor.

After voting in your thousands, we can reveal the winner is... Sander Berge!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Jdt was by far the best manager we've had under venkys. I hope Eustace does quit. It will show he's a man of integrity 

Was it his smile? Charisma or footballing wise? 
First half against Norwich certainly was JDTesque footballing wise 

2 minutes ago, alexanders said:

NIce, 

We asked you to select your Burnley player of the season from the four candidates chosen by our fan contributor.

Surely the Dingles player of the season last year was the "least bad", rather than "good" 😉 

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

Just now, alexanders said:

He got us to a quarter final of the fa cup.  Had us on the cusp of a play off place till those rats pulled the rug from under him

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, alexanders said:

NIce, 

They tallied 24 points last season. 

7 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Does this have anything to do with him being a Dane, managing Sweden and you being Norwegian? 

There’s a LT story on the court case if anyone wants to link it. It says they are still  committed to funding (even though they clearly aren’t)

Jackson also confirms the transfer budget for this summer is unaffected by the court case and has already been signed off. Club is pressing ahead with transfers. 

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 1

It just has to be Matondo over Germain.

One is 29, has no re-sale value, not fast, and looks more like a holding number 9.

The other has played at a higher level, very good chance of a re-sale, quick and is classed more as an out n out winger.

However what it will boil down to is price, one costs peanuts and the other will probably eat up our transfer budget, I think we all know the outcome.

Or we can have both which would be ideal. 

11 minutes ago, KentExile said:

A good article that clears up quite a lot. 

Most importantly JE has final word on transfers. 

Looks like Eustace, as speculated, unsure on Germaine which is why it hadn’t gone ahead, even though it’s all agreed. 

Backs up what he said the other day that the players brought in have to be better than we’ve already got. 

Matando is an option but not imminent. 

Iversen unlikely, Ruddy unlikely, very little chance with Stansfield. 

Travis staying.

8 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

It just has to be Matondo over Germain.

One is 29, has no re-sale value, not fast, and looks more like a holding number 9.

The other has played at a higher level, very good chance of a re-sale, quick and is classed more as an out n out winger.

However what it will boil down to is price, one costs peanuts and the other will probably eat up our transfer budget, I think we all know the outcome.

Or we can have both which would be ideal. 

Not going to be able to afford him... he has played in Champions League and played in a Top League in Scotland, that adds £5m+ to the transfer fee if some are to be believed on here 😂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Does this have anything to do with him being a Dane, managing Sweden and you being Norwegian? 

Not all. I have nothing towards either Danes or Swedes. 

As I said I loved the football we played under JDT. When it was good it was absolutely fantastic. I loved his Charisma and was very proud of Rovers under JDT. He made several players progress under him, but also had his flaws. These flaws became very transparent when he didn't get his will.