BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

14 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Just confirms what we already know 

there seems to be a bit of a disagreement between recruitment team and Eustace re the player 

Well somebody's going to have to make some decisions pretty bleeding quickly 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

A good article that clears up quite a lot. 

Most importantly JE has final word on transfers. 

Looks like Eustace, as speculated, unsure on Germaine which is why it hadn’t gone ahead, even though it’s all agreed. 

Backs up what he said the other day that the players brought in have to be better than we’ve already got. 

Matando is an option but not imminent. 

Iversen unlikely, Ruddy unlikely, very little chance with Stansfield. 

Travis staying.

To sum up it’s status quo ante, ie nothing happening

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Just confirms what we already know 

there seems to be a bit of a disagreement between recruitment team and Eustace re the player 

But in a positive way. JE has final say on transfers, he’s unsure on Germaine, so he’s not yet given the OK as he thinks there might be better options. So now the recruitment team try to set up a deal for someone better. 

That's how it should work. 

Based on his YouTube’s I  don’t think Germaine fits the bill of a winger.  He looks like a CF. I’d sign him anyway, we’re only an injury or two away up front and we’re in crisis again. And then sign a lightening quick winger. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

It just has to be Matondo over Germain.

One is 29, has no re-sale value, not fast, and looks more like a holding number 9.

The other has played at a higher level, very good chance of a re-sale, quick and is classed more as an out n out winger.

However what it will boil down to is price, one costs peanuts and the other will probably eat up our transfer budget, I think we all know the outcome.

Or we can have both which would be ideal. 

The big key is, one is cheap, and the other isn't.

6 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

The big key is, one is cheap, and the other isn't.

Also one is a winger, one isn't. Guessing the discussions are along the lines of "we have a budget for 4 more players, if we sign Germain, we won't be able to get..."

In my opinion we're still light up front. Jack Vale needs f*cking off, small fee or find him a club and terminate. Still need winger, a left back and a keeper. That's bare minimum. 

I'm still not happy with Hyam. If we could find a buyer and get someone else that would be ideal. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 6

I'm with you on Hyam. Never been a fan..  Didn't look enamoured to be here when we signed him either.. Id be happy to see him out the door Give one of our young lads a look in as backup to Bathh 

• Like 3

Germain should be bought in for Vale ( if anybody will take him ) aswell as cover for  Gueye …. Big Mak going off leaves us with dwarfs upfront & this guy has outscored Ohashi ….. 15 in 21 is some going …. He looks calm & has good strength to hold the ball up ….press the dam button Waggot .. everything is set up ….

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Germain should be bought in for Vale ( if anybody will take him ) aswell as cover for  Gueye …. Big Mak going off leaves us with dwarfs upfront & this guy has outscored Ohashi ….. 15 in 21 is some going …. He looks calm & has good strength to hold the ball up ….press the dam button Waggot .. everything is set up ….

You heard anything regarding wingers? Doubt we'll pay what's required for this Matondo lad from Rangers.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Well somebody's going to have to make some decisions pretty bleeding quickly 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Or maybe not? Nobody is allowed to make a decision and the window closes, not with a bang but with a whimper.

We should be used to it by now.  😭

2 hours ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

You don’t have to get deep into but the fact is you/I and thousands of fans knew/know how venkys and waggott work and have treated previous managers with false promises so if we knew that are you telling me John Eustace wouldn’t have been aware of that possibility? If you truly believe that then your as gullible as Eustace  

Blimey.....

Me and you post on a messageboard that is dedicated to all things Rovers. There are some Rovers fans out there who don't really know how the Venkys and Waggots have treated previous managers

Gullible is believing in the idea that everybody knows what we do. They don't

But what is happening is not what was promised. Plenty of managers have fell for it. Unfortunately, it is a cause of having owners with little understanding of ethics

Seems to me it's the winger and keeper where they want to spend what change we have and are waiting for the A list targets to come down in valuation as we get closer to the deadline. They won't want to spend any of that budget until those players are signed up, hence the Germain hold up. 

I've got a feeling Drommel will be one that gets done. Considering he wants to leave and we want him. That should just be a formality to sort out but it's Rovers we're talking about... If he comes on loan to buy, it might give us a bit extra to spend maybe. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Blimey.....

Me and you post on a messageboard that is dedicated to all things Rovers. There are some Rovers fans out there who don't really know how the Venkys and Waggots have treated previous managers

Gullible is believing in the idea that everybody knows what we do. They don't

But what is happening is not what was promised. Plenty of managers have fell for it. Unfortunately, it is a cause of having owners with little understanding of ethics

Of course thousands of fans know just because they aren’t on social media doesn’t make them unaware and that includes fans from all clubs not just rovers

’plenty of managers have fell for it’ is exactly the point I’m making. Eustace if he did his research on rovers before accepting the role would/should have been fully aware of the goings on at the club. He should have been aware of failed/empty promises for JDT as he aired that live for all to see. 

so I’m saying he would have known there was a chance this could happen to say otherwise is simply wrong and naive

its like meeting a girl who has history of cheating on her previous boyfriends and you thinking your the one only for her to cheat again - the signs were there it’s up to you to decide if you want to proceed  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Motherwell wanted to keep hold of him after last season. If the price is right I can see them coming in 

• Like 1

I would say there’s a shed load of fans out there that know feck all about the machinations behind the scenes.

They just traipse down to Ewood every other week to watch a team in blue and white and don’t really give it much thought again until the next time they do said traipsing.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I would say there’s a shed load of fans out there that know feck all about the machinations behind the scenes.

They just traipse down to Ewood every other week to watch a team in blue and white and don’t really give it much thought again until the next time they do said traipsing.

If they don’t read papers or have social media very likely yes