BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

If they don’t read papers or have social media very likely yes 

Why what would the local paper tell them re what was going on behind the scenes? Not a lot over what is on the record, what was said in the last presser/press release.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, Spankus Munky said:

Not going to be able to afford him... he has played in Champions League and played in a Top League in Scotland, that adds £5m+ to the transfer fee if some are to be believed on here 😂

And you pay per syllable

• Like 1

‘Over the years’, yes when we had a vibrant local media. Now? We get nothing that isn’t in the public domain. If you are a fan that doesn’t use social media/forums (which is a sizeable number) you will know very little about the power struggles/Swag/Suhail and all the rest of it. The CEO himself was a virtual unkown until a couple of years ago, the actual power holder in the club still is.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

I actually don't care what happens between now and the end of the transfer window..for me, bring on the games, and whatever the result, so be it.. I'm too tired for all of this Wankys and Maggot shit. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Translates as... We've inquired about the players we want, they're currently too expensive and we're waiting until they get desperate for them to lower their valuations.

Confident we won't spend more than 2 million, in fact i wouldn't be at all surprised to see both Drommel and Matonda on "loan to buy's"... Germain for a few 100k and that's your lot. 

• Like 3

From what is being reported Its seems like we are getting what players will cost, transfer fees, wages, etc. Then decide who we want. 

Out of the wingers/attacking players we have been linked to, my choices would be Poku from Peterborough or Matondo from Rangers. 

I think the keeper we sign will be PSV keeper Joel Drommel on loan to obligation to buy next summer. 

Just need a left back and centre midfielder in. I also think we will get another attacking player in. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Over the years’, yes when we had a vibrant local media. Now? We get nothing that isn’t in the public domain. If you are a fan that doesn’t use social media/forums (which is a sizeable number) you will know very little about the power struggles/Swag/Suhail and all the rest of it. The CEO himself was a virtual unkown until a couple of years ago, the actual power holder in the club still is.

It doesn’t need to be specific. My original point was that Eustace if he did his research before taking the job could have easily found out. Again JDT said it in multiple press conferences that’s my point 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From what is being reported Its seems like we are getting what players will cost, transfer fees, wages, etc. Then decide who we want. 

Out of the wingers/attacking players we have been linked to, my choices would be Poku from Peterborough or Matondo from Rangers. 

I think the keeper we sign will be PSV keeper Joel Drommel on loan to obligation to buy next summer. 

Just need a left back and centre midfielder in. I also think we will get another attacking player in. 

What reliable source linked us with poku?

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I would say there’s a shed load of fans out there that know feck all about the machinations behind the scenes.

They just traipse down to Ewood every other week to watch a team in blue and white and don’t really give it much thought again until the next time they do said traipsing.

I think many think that a lot is much worse than it is and they have never been involved in running a football club, management or board anywhere 

• Downvote 1

I’m sure Eustace knew all too well, but obviously fancied a well paid Championship job where you get to get your feet under the table.

I’m saying there are a shed load down at Ewood that couldn’t care less about the off field stuff, hard to believe for folk like us on here that live and breathe it, but it’s how it is with many a football fan.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I would say there’s a shed load of fans out there that know feck all about the machinations behind the scenes.

They just traipse down to Ewood every other week to watch a team in blue and white and don’t really give it much thought again until the next time they do said traipsing.

I've never understood the "I'd sign him but not at that price, or wages" point of view,as if we've all to chip in every week. 

If there's one club right now which isn't going stretch itself, it's Blackburn Rovers,honestly, don't worry yourselves over it. 

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Certainly won't be an obligation, it would be an "option" if anything that we won't/have no intention of taking up.

Setting yourself up for disappointment here I think.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Certainly won't be an obligation, it would be an "option" if anything that we won't/have no intention of taking up.

After O'Brien and Maguire I'd be amazed if anyone is willing to let us have a loan to buy type agreement anyway.

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

You said we wouldn't sign Gueye and we did. 

A goalkeeper, full-back, midfielder and wide attacker remain on the shopping list. 

Both Germain and Matondo have been identified as potential solutions on the left-hand side. A deal has been agreed in principle for the former but Rovers are weighing up whether to give it the green light.

"I think they are on the list along with 60 other players that the recruitment team have been looking at. They are, yes," Eustace told The Lancashire Telegraph.

"There is nothing imminent. I wouldn't expect anything before the weekend," Eustace added.

Edited by chaddyrovers