BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Concerned the LT keeps mentioning Germain as a wing option... Surely this is just poor reporting and Jackson thinking he's a winger rather than the club considering him a winger when he's not. 

• Like 4

Another loan for Vale and then maybe a small fee in the summer when we activate his year option seems sensible to me.

Germain would be a Vale replacement, we still need a quick winger if he does come in.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Neal said:

Concerned the LT keeps mentioning Germain as a wing option... Surely this is just poor reporting and Jackson thinking he's a winger rather than the club considering him a winger when he's not. 

Eustace says that also

25 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Read, listen, watch, learn.

Try it.

Thank you for the extremely arrogant answer.

To be frank I am attending several boardroom meetings in a football club and know very well a lot that is going behind the scenes and how much that can differ from the opinions and perceptions in a fanbase.

How we don't spend anything while we have made so much money, what about the Leeds supporters then? They have made the most money on transfers out of any club in Europe this summer and hasn't spent a penny yet. 

Edited by alexanders
  • Like 2

Don't feel like we need another striker, even if Vale goes... We have Gueye, Ohashi, Leonard (back soon), Tyjon and Mafoumbi. We also have Weimann who can play up top.

They need to put everything into signing a keeper and 2 wingers.

Joël Drommel - Loan to buy.
Rabbi Matondo - Perm.
Kwame Poku - Perm.

Then a quick LB and a CM on loan. That'd do it.

Issue is, I just can't see any of that happening.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From what is being reported Its seems like we are getting what players will cost, transfer fees, wages, etc. Then decide who we want. 

Out of the wingers/attacking players we have been linked to, my choices would be Poku from Peterborough or Matondo from Rangers. 

I think the keeper we sign will be PSV keeper Joel Drommel on loan to obligation to buy next summer. 

Just need a left back and centre midfielder in. I also think we will get another attacking player in. 

Think clubs might have sussed out that Rovers can't be trusted!

12 minutes ago, alexanders said:

To be frank I am attending several boardroom meetings in a football club and know very well a lot that is going behind the scenes and how much that can differ from the opinions and perceptions in a fanbase.

How we don't spend anything while we have made so much money, what about the Leeds supporters then? They have made the most money on transfers out of any club in Europe this summer and hasn't spent a penny yet. 

But that's just strawmanning. We know why we will barely spend anything, because Venkys can't or won't put money in so the club has to wash it's own face.

Who cares about Leeds?

There's a massive "instant legend" opportunity for any new signings...

If they sign early/mid next week, it's unlikely that they'll be ready to feature in the Blackpool game on Tuesday... however, they could make a cameo appearance against the dingles at the weekend.

Imagine the scenes, if we signed Ryo Germain and he came off the bench to score the winner at Turd Moor.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Have I missed the source or link I see quite a lot of people on here mentioning poku? Is that a genuine interest or wishful thinking from the posters 

No genuine link.

• Like 2

A goalkeeper has to be top priority at the moment. However if there was a genuine opportunity to get Poku, it should be taken.

We need more, quicker options from out wide and he fits the bill, plus seems to have an end product. He's young and if this lot really are trying to stay afloat by developing potential and selling for a profit, he would seemingly fit the criteria.

2 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

I’d imagine there’s lots happening. 

In your imagination maybe but apart from a couple of loan premier league fringe squad teenagers in the last few hours of the window I’m not hopeful of any meaningful activity 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

In your imagination maybe but apart from a couple of loan premier league fringe squad teenagers in the last few hours of the window I’m not hopeful of any meaningful activity 

You need to get behind the recruitment process FFS

38 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

He was a breath of fresh air who dared to be ambitious and aspirational for our club and downtrodden fans. The wankers didn’t back him and then took his legs away and tied his hands round his back and he then had no option but to leave and maintain his dignity. If they had shared his ambition and backed if moderately, I think we would have made promotion.

Same happened with Lambert, we had started to see green shoots with a few fantastic performances (alongside some dross admittedly) but the rug was pulled, promises not honoured and off Lambert went. Quite a lot of revisionism around Lamberts time here painting him as a dud when in reality he was treated in much the same way as JDT, a man too ambitious, principled and likeable for the V's, etc to contend with. 

• Like 9
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

But you told me last week there would be nobody else coming in? Hence the friendly wager

4 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

So hearsay and nothing verified (as of yet)

It's all hearsay. Eustace just said there's 60 players on the recruitment list - we haven't heard 60 names in this thread. 

• Like 1

Once again, I booked transfer deadline day off. No point being at work for it, as we’re likely to be hanging on for any news of a speculated move happening. I think it’ll go late and I expect disappointment with at least one deadline day deal.

Eustace is basically confirming as much today with his comments to the press.

Even still - it is a bit of a thrill doing late business. Just a shame we can’t seem to get it done on the day. Let’s hope the lad from Brighton is a better administrator than we’ve had previously.

• Like 1