BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

My words were "there might be a fringe player loan at the last minute".  In truth, I hope I lose the bet because I'm genuinely worried about your wellbeing if you lost it

You mate a gentleman’s bet with me - me saying there would be at least one more person through the door I’d bet my life on it - you said you didn’t think there would be 

Not sure what to make of this recruitment team. Seem to be linked to the right blend of players excluding Ruddy but there’s too many Chief's. Manager picked by Waggott,Recruitment picked by Waggott who finally signed after talks  what there role is. Too many in similar roles who can’t agree on targets with Eustace and Gestede throwing there opinions in As well. All built by clueless Waggott who didn’t put any thought on the process before getting his mates in

It's normal that clubs have many names on shortlist for each position. I would have hope that Rovers would have get a couple over the line this week, but sadly we haven't. We need to make decisions on the players we want to sign. I'm hoping we can agree deals for a couple of players over the weeks and get the medicals done then announce on Monday/Tuesday. 

Over to you now Rovers recruitment team to bring players in

Checked in to see some discussion on the players we've been linked to today only to see pages and pages of fkin jdt bickering! Seriously there's nothing any of you have to say on that subject that hasn't been discussed to death multiple times already on these forums! 

Anyway. Rabbi Matondo!! Seems a bit of an exciting raw luxory player, nothing wrong with that, but I can see Sigurdsson definitely leaving if(or before) a player of that type and position comes in. 

I think Sigurdsson would be a really good fit for a Scottish club, maybe a 'chaddy special' player exchange plus a bit of cash deal would work. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, ROVER_N_OUT1978 said:

What about him? Not playing for Hearts tonight. Injured according to Hearts.

People putting 2 and 2 together.

He would however be a great signing.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Can you explain this "recruitment process" of which you speak? You seem to be one of the few Rovers fans who have any faith in it

Well, let’s see, we’ve signed some players, and we’re going to sign some more. 

It’s genius is its simplicity. 

2 hours ago, Moptop1 said:

Ashley Phillips could be going on loan to Stoke.

He's one who's career seems to have taken a bit of backwards step since leaving, he was almost good enough to be playing regularly for an upper level championship club when he departed us and at the rate he was going(and the hype he had) he should have be getting game time in the prem by now

• Like 2

Matondo incoming according to the Scottish press. I think he would be a good signing. Bags of pace, bags of potential, and a good age. Not worked out at Rangers but there's much less pressure here, so a better environment to grow and development. 

Reading between the lines, it sounds like we have deals agreed with a number of players but there's different opinions internally on who we should push ahead with. Park probably wants Matondo, Rudy wants Germain, and Eustace wants Dembele!

27 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

He's one who's career seems to have taken a bit of backwards step since leaving, he was almost good enough to be playing regularly for an upper level championship club when he departed us and at the rate he was going(and the hype he had) he should have be getting game time in the prem by now

I'm pretty sure everybody saw that coming 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Matondo incoming according to the Scottish press. I think he would be a good signing. Bags of pace, bags of potential, and a good age. Not worked out at Rangers but there's much less pressure here, so a better environment to grow and development. 

Reading between the lines, it sounds like we have deals agreed with a number of players but there's different opinions internally on who we should push ahead with. Park probably wants Matondo, Rudy wants Germain, and Eustace wants Dembele!

We now just need to find a player with a first name of Imam/Sheikh, and Pastor to compliment Rabbi Matondo 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

does  it not ring alarm bells he can`t even break into the rangers side,it`s a bad rangers side as well

It rings alarm bells that he scored a screamer to snatch a draw against Celtic and most of their fans still want him gone. 

I assume Rangers just absolutely want his wages off the books and are going to sell him at a cut price deal, which is where someone like us comes in. I'd prefer Poku.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Tough choice between him and Dembele who can't break into league 1 Birmingham's side. 

We really are spoilt for choices hey 🤯

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Neal said:

Call me bitter but f*ck the money and f*ck him... I hope he turns into a lower league journeyman. 

Was it Ash that forced his way out? I can't remember how that deal went down.