BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It rings alarm bells that he scored a screamer to snatch a draw against Celtic and most of their fans still want him gone. 

I assume Rangers just absolutely want his wages off the books and are going to sell him at a cut price deal, which is where someone like us comes in. I'd prefer Poku.

poku and stansfield would be the dream signings(then i woke up!!)

2 minutes ago, Neal said:

Call me bitter but f*ck the money and f*ck him... I hope he turns into a lower league journeyman. 

never ever going to start for spurs,the journeymanship has started already,be at barnet in 3 seasons time

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Iceman said:

Was it Ash that forced his way out? I can't remember how that deal went down. 

His dad was heavily involved I believe. Insisted on a small buy out clause to leave which I'm guessing has privately been agreed with Spurs on his end. 

Whatever the case, we go f*coed over by him and his representatives. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, FE123 said:

31 and never played outside Scotland? Do you know much about him?

I don't watch Scottish football religiously but he's always looked a solid keeper when I've seen him, had a great game against Rangers the other week. Whilst they're still in Europe, just, it's not unrealistic like the Stansfield rumours.

• Backroom
28 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

does  it not ring alarm bells he can`t even break into the rangers side,it`s a bad rangers side as well

It didn’t ring alarm bells when that Congolese fella couldn’t even get a game for Hertha Berlin’s reserves.

I know, he was a one-off, but based on the gambles taken so far, I’d be happy to take this one too.

• Like 2

Just watched some clips of the Matondo kid.  Very quick and tricky but looks to cut inside from the left. Clearly favours his right foot.  Call me old-fashioned but I'd want to see a left-footed left winger  getting to the by-line and crossing for Big Mac to nod home.  Seen enough of this inverted winger shite. 

• Like 7

Just now, Mike E said:

It didn’t ring alarm bells when that Congolese fella couldn’t even get a game for Hertha Berlin’s reserves.

I know, he was a one-off, but based on the gambles taken so far, I’d be happy to take this one too.

good point,i trust the scouting system of hughes and big sams era far more than i do this lot though

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Just watched some clips of the Matondo kid.  Very quick and tricky but looks to cut inside from the left. Clearly favours his right foot.  Call me old-fashioned but I'd want to see a left-footed left winger  getting to the by-line and crossing for Big Mac to nod home.  Seen enough of this inverted winger shite. 

Poku is a left footed right winger who cuts inside. 

Sign them both, switch wings, sign a GK and piss the league. 😉

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Why would you want to do something crazy like that? Far better to cut inside into traffic and play more tippy tappy shite with our keeper and centre backs to see if we can get robbed in our own third.

Probably my least favorite ( on the pitch part) about modern football.

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

To me an inverted winger is just a player, playing out of position. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Some Rangers fans saying he play's the game without a brain. Schalke 04 signed him for a total package upwards to £11m and sold him to Rangers for £4m, now awailable at £2m. Doesn't work for the team but has ability.

Could be a good deal if he has the right attitude, and hopefully he fits our profile in that sense. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rigger said:

And sometimes a player is more effective in that position. Did you watch Savinho tear Cucurella a new one last weekend?

39 minutes ago, rigger said:

As a former full back I never got to play against inverted wingers, but it sounds a dream to play against someone that's never going to try and go on the outside of you. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

does  it not ring alarm bells he can`t even break into the rangers side,it`s a bad rangers side as well

It's a very bad Rangers side in a piss poor league. Their recruitment rivals some of Broughton's gems he brought in.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

As a former full back I never got to play against inverted wingers, but it sounds a dream to play against someone that's never going to try and go on the outside of you. 

as another former full back,i agree,it`s not great being turned round.hard work trying to stop a genuine quick winger

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Spankus Munky said:

A few on here said we overpaid and they preferred Dack to be fair...

One poster said Peterborough had "pulled our pants down" when we paid £1.5M for Sammi!

Edited by 47er

33 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

And sometimes a player is more effective in that position. Did you watch Savinho tear Cucurella a new one last weekend?

Ronaldo (earlier on) and Messi. 2 of the GOATS played cutting in. Robben, Bale, Mahrez, Salah, Mane, Neymar, vinicius, Mbappe, Saka. 

Gone are the days of Giggs, Duff etc getting to the line and crossing. Cutting in, you can shoot or cross and I suppose it's expected the full back overlaps to give a byline crossing option. 

23 minutes ago, LDRover said:

It's a very bad Rangers side in a piss poor league. Their recruitment rivals some of Broughton's gems he brought in.

Yet most Rangers players would walk into our side, if we could afford the wages….