BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

18 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t think they would,it`s the worst rangers side since their dark days of the early 80`s

Rangers are a far better side man for man that we are. It’s our worst side since mid 80’s too. 

19 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t think they would,it`s the worst rangers side since their dark days of the early 80`s

Butland starts 

tavernier starts 

propper starts 

Jefte - haven’t seen enough of 

Take our centre mids tbh

Cerny starts 

Danilo starts 

so a good half for me would start rangers centre mid options poor the rest would be debatable 

Re. Jack Vale's rumoured loan move to Motherwell, reprising role from last season - I really think the club should be looking to sell. My expectation is that his valuation will only decline the more he plays and his level is better known - and his contract winds down. Perhaps, he's close to a peak valuation.

I could be wrong, of course, as he's a player that does seem to have some fight in him. He came back from a disappointing and injury-disrupted loan sojourn somewhere in non-league with Halifax and did ok last year in the SPL.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Re. Jack Vale's rumoured loan move to Motherwell, reprising role from last season - I really think the club should be looking to sell. My expectation is that his valuation will only decline the more he plays and his level is better known - and his contract winds down. Perhaps, he's close to a peak valuation.

I could be wrong, of course, as he's a player that does seem to have some fight in him. He came back from a disappointing and injury-disrupted loan sojourn somewhere in non-league with Halifax and did ok last year in the SPL.

I bet Motherwell have no money and nobody else is willing to pay a fee for him so it's just about someone covering his wages. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, riverholmes said:

I think a lack of fight is Jack Vale's exact problem, actually. Granted, perhaps a drab loan in the ass-end of English football may have come as a necessary reality check for him and invoked some fight in him. Like you say, apparently did ok in the SPL (but not as good as the player we just sold for about 200k), and that was a very fine finish against Stockport.

I find myself wondering (perhaps against my better judgement) whether it might be worth giving him some cameos and see if he's found the player that once seemed to be lurking inside him. Alternatively, I agree, I'd sell him if we're not planning to use him for depth. I don't think the same loan will build his value or our confidence in him breaking into the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Ipswich have just bought Jack Clarke for £20m. They're buying a hell of a Championship team for next year. 

Probably the best way to do it tbf, when you're an unfancied team who somehow went up through the playoffs and know you're likely to come straight back down. Better chance of yo-yoing back up and keeping that Prem money a while longer whilst you build. And there's always the chance some of these Championship stars shine in the Prem too, and either make you a packet or keep you up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neal said:

His dad was heavily involved I believe. Insisted on a small buy out clause to leave which I'm guessing has privately been agreed with Spurs on his end. 

Whatever the case, we go f*coed over by him and his representatives. 

We did, but it could have been worse. They could have done a Finneran. Clubs have far too little power with players at that age.

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I might be old fashioned but can’t you u play him on the opposite wing and tell him to cross it if you don’t want him cutting inside 🤷‍♂️

Not if he's spent all his development cutting inside and doesn't know how to cross.

2 hours ago, alex l said:

Ronaldo (earlier on) and Messi. 2 of the GOATS played cutting in. Robben, Bale, Mahrez, Salah, Mane, Neymar, vinicius, Mbappe, Saka. 

Gone are the days of Giggs, Duff etc getting to the line and crossing. Cutting in, you can shoot or cross and I suppose it's expected the full back overlaps to give a byline crossing option. 

Giggs and Duff could do both, tbf.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Ipswich have just bought Jack Clarke for £20m. They're buying a hell of a Championship team for next year. 

£15m rising to potentially £20m with add ons. 

I think we can put an end to the SS debate now about the fee. Clarke is 23 and has a far higher ceiling imo but has only gone for £5m more (garanteed).

I don't understand the doubts over Ryo. Yes he is 29, but he is a mix of Japan and Brazil. We will most likely not pay a big fee, and if his work ethic is like most Japanese players, then I can't see why we would not take the chance. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

I don't understand the doubts over Ryo. Yes he is 29, but he is a mix of Japan and Brazil. We will most likely not pay a big fee, and if his work ethic is like most Japanese players, then I can't see why we would not take the chance. 

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding your point but what does his heritage have to do with whether or not we sign him? The last Brazilian we had almost became an ironic cult player from being so bad - Bruno Ribeiro. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I might be old fashioned but can’t you u play him on the opposite wing and tell him to cross it if you don’t want him cutting inside 🤷‍♂️

Not only that, their ability to track back and slide tackle with their 'unnatural' leg has  virtually gone.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Not if he's spent all his development cutting inside and doesn't know how to cross.

Giggs and Duff could do both, tbf.

Anyone playing championship football on thousands a week and has a ball at his feet everyday since birth with the best coaches should be able to cross a ball

• Like 4

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Probably the best way to do it tbf, when you're an unfancied team who somehow went up through the playoffs and know you're likely to come straight back down. Better chance of yo-yoing back up and keeping that Prem money a while longer whilst you build. And there's always the chance some of these Championship stars shine in the Prem too, and either make you a packet or keep you up.

I take your general point, but Ipswich didn't somehow go up through the playoffs. They went up on merit in one of the automatic promotion places. I think they might surprise a few teams this season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alex l said:

Ronaldo (earlier on) and Messi. 2 of the GOATS played cutting in. Robben, Bale, Mahrez, Salah, Mane, Neymar, vinicius, Mbappe, Saka. 

Gone are the days of Giggs, Duff etc getting to the line and crossing. Cutting in, you can shoot or cross and I suppose it's expected the full back overlaps to give a byline crossing option. 

I get the idea that your full back overlaps...but we have Pickering who is too slow to get anywhere near.  

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
58 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Clarke 15mill plus add ons 

spurs a big sell on clause from that money

yet I’m told I’m wrong about Sammie and no other club in the championship would under sell their ‘star’ player - interesting 

Just let it go mate.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Iceman said:

That special blend eh? Sign him on a 2-year deal with an extra 1-year option and it's definitely worth the risk. He'll take up a spot free'd up for someone else though, so I think Eustace wants someone from his list considered first - someone with Championship experience and who he's sure will go straight into and strengthten the starting XI. 

Although we've all fallen in love with Gueye and especially Ohashi, it's still early days and they have a lot more still to prove. I'm more convinced by Gueye to be honest, than Ohashi, as Gueye's overall contribution to the team is bigger in my view. 

Wonder if we offered Vale to Jubilo Iwata 😄

10 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

good point,i trust the scouting system of hughes and big sams era far more than i do this lot though

i trust jimmy saville more than this lot to look after their "baby"

• Like 2

7 days to get 4 in. Possibly 5 if you include a Szmodics replacement (this spot will be gifted to Dolan). Not looking promising is it.

Will they blame the market, the fact they’ve had to restructure (not sure why this had to be done during a transfer window) or go for the old we didn’t want to hamper u21 player’s development?

My money is Waggott will offer up Rudy to the press who will say it’s been a difficult window due to new structure and that things will be better going forward.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Eustace making quite clear in LT article doesn't want to lose Travis.

Feels like huge issues ahead if those above agree for Travis to be sold.

Eustace has said he wants him to stay

travis has said he wants to stay

so if he is sold all fans will know exactly the reasons why there will be no doubting or guessing or assumptions itl be crystal clear 

• Like 4