BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

9 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Ipswich have just bought Jack Clarke for £20m. They're buying a hell of a Championship team for next year. 

Its like Burnley, will have a Premier League season for one season, followed by a promotion season the next.

Very hard for the rest of us to get out of this League.

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I think a lack of fight is Jack Vale's exact problem, actually. Granted, perhaps a drab loan in the ass-end of English football may have come as a necessary reality check for him and invoked some fight in him. Like you say, apparently did ok in the SPL (but not as good as the player we just sold for about 200k), and that was a very fine finish against Stockport.

I find myself wondering (perhaps against my better judgement) whether it might be worth giving him some cameos and see if he's found the player that once seemed to be lurking inside him. Alternatively, I agree, I'd sell him if we're not planning to use him for depth. I don't think the same loan will build his value or our confidence in him breaking into the team.

Agree keeping him as a back-up may be better than a loan. With Gilsenan & Leonard out, we may need forwards. If he does go on loan without a decent replacement it will be more evidence that the club are using loans as a cost-saving exercise, at the expense of building a decent squad.

8 minutes ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

Hard, but not impossible. Ipswich and Luton managed it in the last two seasons

Well I didn't say impossible, I said very hard!

3 promotion places available in theory----1 in practice.

Edited by 47er

21 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Let's see how much of the Clarke money Sunderland spend... my guess? Every penny.

Our lot are just an absolute anomaly, disgusting.

It wont and doesnt need to be every penny. Clubs make losses at Championship level so need to use a chunk of sales to offset those.

But the key thing is, a decent chunk likely will, same with Hull. And we have made sales above both of those. Even if we reinvested £20m of £40m say, that at least could really help the team. But no chance.

Most championship clubs have outside funding to prop them up and/or allow players to be bought, even ones with huge crowds.

Only one at present has owners under investigation by their own govt.

• Like 5

I saw a football finance thing recently, it may have been posted on here, saying that Ipswich took a massive risk on getting promoted last year and if they hadn’t they would have fallen foul of financial fair play rules. I was surprised but it sounds like they spent big to get into the championship and needed to go up again. Obviously they did so it’s a moot point but maybe shows the risk element involved. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

Hard, but not impossible. Ipswich and Luton managed it in the last two seasons

Yeah but they'l have ambitious owners, a good managment set up who are capable of doing their jobs, and dont sell there best players for little or no money and above all cohesion within the whole set up

8 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

At the crawl this club conducts incoming transfers, any offers will have to be agreed by the end of this weekend to have any chance of getting the paperwork done by Friday. 

Outgoings we seem to be able to do at the flick of a switch. 

Thought the 6 in 2 days was the dawn of a new era.

Maybe not

8 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

O fuck of Venkeys!!!!! 35million we've brought it.

17 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Matondo would be a loan if it happens with Rangers paying a large proportion of his wages.....

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1241236942?-11198:839

Good!  He is not worth 20 odd grand a week, If he was, Rangers would not want rid

If Rovers were paying even half of that, they have got a bad deal, about time we took advantage of a "desperate situation" at another club

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KentExile said:

Good!  He is not worth 20 odd grand a week, If he was, Rangers would not want rid

If Rovers were paying even half of that, they have got a bad deal, about time we took advantage of a "desperate situation" at another club

Or just look elsewhere.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Matondo would be a loan if it happens with Rangers paying a large proportion of his wages.....

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1241236942?-11198:839

Two amusing paragraphs from that article

Venkys London Ltd otherwise known as V H Group, owners of Blackburn are the wealthiest owners in the Championship with a reported net worth of £1.56bn

The Lancashire outfit are more than capable of covering the full salary of the loan move and are taking advantage of the desperate situation at the Gers.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KentExile said:

The point is us more looking at a loan, and let’s not make excuses on the wage front, are we really going to be spending anything like what we should, absolutely not otherwise we’d of brought someone in by now.

Eustace expects it to go to the wire so that paints the picture alone.

Loans and squabbling over frees.

Loving the idea of signing this Ryo on a three year deal simply due to his half Japanese, half Brazilian heritage. In normal circumstances I’d say I’m glad you lot are not in charge, but I’m not convinced Waggott thinks in much more detail either. 

• Like 2